Options

US Extremists

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    mickeyrat said:
    He’s disappointed that the guy with Narcissistic Personality Disorder has, for the 1,000 time in the last 7 years, done something transactional. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    A bad day for U.S. extremists is a good day for Democracy!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    If you’re a member of the Awaken Church, does that mean that you’re woke? Or, are you still sleeping in and need some more time? It’s so confusing.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    fascinating conversation

Evangelicals in the Age of Political Extremism: With Tim Alberta. Episode: https://www.spreaker.com/user/11313090/msp-timalberta_4 . Media: https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/api.spreaker.com/download/episode/58087103/msp_timalberta.mp3 . -- Sent from Podcast Republic.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    Tlaib working OT to help get trump elected. Ironic autocorrect changes Tlaib to Taliban. 

Source, Newsmax (from one extremist side to the other)

“Just one month after the House voted to censure "Squad" member Rep. Rashida Tlaib over her rhetoric about the Israel-Hamas war, key Democrats are remaining quiet after she condemned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a "genocidal maniac" and accused members of Congress of supporting a "war criminal" by meeting with him. 

"Genocidal maniac. Every member of Congress who sits down with this murderer is supporting a war criminal," the Michigan Democrat wrote on her Instagram page Wednesday, where she also shared a graphic from a left-wing news outlet claiming that Netanyahu is "working to move Palestinians out of Gaza."

Tlaib, the only Palestinian-American in Congress, added that "we will never forget," and in another post included a photograph of a dead Palestinian infant and wrote that she is "so sick and tired of our country funding and supporting a genocide and war on children. Please don’t stop talking about Palestine."

Her latest comments come about a week after Rep. Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J., who is Jewish, traveled to Israel where he met with Netanyahu, Israeli officials, and family members of hostages still being held by Hamas in Gaza.

"Our objectives are clear: The U.S. must stand by Israel to get all the hostages home, including Americans, eliminate the terrorists, & provide much-needed humanitarian aid to innocent Palestinian civilians being used by Hamas as human shields," he wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter. 

However, Gottheimer, who voted with 21 other Democrats to censure Tlaib in November, has not responded to her posts criticizing him and other members of Congress who have met with Netanyahu. 

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who in a speech on the Senate floor late last month confronted other Democrats like Tlaib over a historic increase in antisemitism after the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel, also has not commented on her latest statements. 

In his November speech, Schumer did not mention Tlaib or anyone else by name, but warned that Americans who use slogans such as "from the river to the sea," as she did, and who equate the Hamas attack with the Israel Defense Forces' response are headed toward antisemitism. 

Such rhetoric, he said at the time, "gives license to darker ideas that have always lurked below the surface of every question involving the Jewish people.”  

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., also has not commented on Tlaib's latest statement, but said earlier this month that he's committed to the reelection of all members of the House Democratic Caucus, "from the most progressive to the most centrist, to the most moderate," The Root has reported. "That’s been my position and perspective even prior to serving in this role in the previous four years as chair of the House Democratic Caucus.”

Jeffries also told the publication that he is not concerned about the divisions in the caucus over Israel and Gaza. 

"Our diversity is a strength, and our unity is our power and unity, of course, is different than unanimity," he said. "We can have those discussions, express our differences of perspective, where appropriate, but always strive to find the highest common denominator and advance the ball for the American people. In the past, that’s what we’ve been able to do as House Democrats incredibly well."

Meanwhile, there has also been no official reaction to a Christmas Day attack on the South Bronx office of Rep. Ritchie Torres, a New York Democrat who has often spoken out in support of Israel. 

Torres said anti-Israel extremists threw red paint, symbolizing blood, throughout his office, including on a doll left there to symbolize Jesus as a Palestinian. 

Torres this week warned on social media that the "escalation in intimidation and incitement against Members of Congress feels like it is heading in a dangerous direction," but said that "I, for one, will not be intimidated."

The congressman, though, did criticize people making comparisons between Jesus and the Palestinians but did not mention fellow New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who came under fire for a post she made on social media drawing comparisons to the birth of Christ with the modern-day situation in the Gaza Strip. 

"It is antisemitic to compare Israelis to the Romans who murdered Jesus. Associating Jews with the murder of Jesus is antisemitism," he posted on X. 

• Options
    Tlaib working OT to help get trump elected. Ironic autocorrect changes Tlaib to Taliban. 

“Just one month after the House voted to censure "Squad" member Rep. Rashida Tlaib over her rhetoric about the Israel-Hamas war, key Democrats are remaining quiet after she condemned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a "genocidal maniac" and accused members of Congress of supporting a "war criminal" by meeting with him. 

"Genocidal maniac. Every member of Congress who sits down with this murderer is supporting a war criminal," the Michigan Democrat wrote on her Instagram page Wednesday, where she also shared a graphic from a left-wing news outlet claiming that Netanyahu is "working to move Palestinians out of Gaza."

Tlaib, the only Palestinian-American in Congress, added that "we will never forget," and in another post included a photograph of a dead Palestinian infant and wrote that she is "so sick and tired of our country funding and supporting a genocide and war on children. Please don’t stop talking about Palestine."

Her latest comments come about a week after Rep. Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J., who is Jewish, traveled to Israel where he met with Netanyahu, Israeli officials, and family members of hostages still being held by Hamas in Gaza.

"Our objectives are clear: The U.S. must stand by Israel to get all the hostages home, including Americans, eliminate the terrorists, & provide much-needed humanitarian aid to innocent Palestinian civilians being used by Hamas as human shields," he wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter. 

However, Gottheimer, who voted with 21 other Democrats to censure Tlaib in November, has not responded to her posts criticizing him and other members of Congress who have met with Netanyahu. 

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who in a speech on the Senate floor late last month confronted other Democrats like Tlaib over a historic increase in antisemitism after the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel, also has not commented on her latest statements. 

In his November speech, Schumer did not mention Tlaib or anyone else by name, but warned that Americans who use slogans such as "from the river to the sea," as she did, and who equate the Hamas attack with the Israel Defense Forces' response are headed toward antisemitism. 

Such rhetoric, he said at the time, "gives license to darker ideas that have always lurked below the surface of every question involving the Jewish people.”  

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., also has not commented on Tlaib's latest statement, but said earlier this month that he's committed to the reelection of all members of the House Democratic Caucus, "from the most progressive to the most centrist, to the most moderate," The Root has reported. "That’s been my position and perspective even prior to serving in this role in the previous four years as chair of the House Democratic Caucus.”

Jeffries also told the publication that he is not concerned about the divisions in the caucus over Israel and Gaza. 

"Our diversity is a strength, and our unity is our power and unity, of course, is different than unanimity," he said. "We can have those discussions, express our differences of perspective, where appropriate, but always strive to find the highest common denominator and advance the ball for the American people. In the past, that’s what we’ve been able to do as House Democrats incredibly well."

Meanwhile, there has also been no official reaction to a Christmas Day attack on the South Bronx office of Rep. Ritchie Torres, a New York Democrat who has often spoken out in support of Israel. 

Torres said anti-Israel extremists threw red paint, symbolizing blood, throughout his office, including on a doll left there to symbolize Jesus as a Palestinian. 

Torres this week warned on social media that the "escalation in intimidation and incitement against Members of Congress feels like it is heading in a dangerous direction," but said that "I, for one, will not be intimidated."

The congressman, though, did criticize people making comparisons between Jesus and the Palestinians but did not mention fellow New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who came under fire for a post she made on social media drawing comparisons to the birth of Christ with the modern-day situation in the Gaza Strip. 

"It is antisemitic to compare Israelis to the Romans who murdered Jesus. Associating Jews with the murder of Jesus is antisemitism," he posted on X. 

22,000 dead Palestinians isn’t enough, eh? Let us know what number of dead Palestinians is, will you please? PS, she’s not wrong regarding Bibi the Barbarian, who’s got blood on his hands. Short memory, eh?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

22,000 dead Palestinians isn’t enough, eh? Let us know what number of dead Palestinians is, will you please? PS, she’s not wrong regarding Bibi the Barbarian, who’s got blood on his hands. Short memory, eh?

Do the Palestinians have the right to speak against their leadership? To vote for new leaders? To negotiate for real peace? Why is authoritarianism gaining popularity on the left, leaving Biden consistently trailing trump in the polls? Are the degradation of traditional norms that have been clear on the right also significantly impacting the left? Reading this forum the last three months, that appears easily determinable.

• Options

Do the Palestinians have the right to speak against their leadership? To vote for new leaders? To negotiate for real peace? Why is authoritarianism gaining popularity on the left, leaving Biden consistently trailing trump in the polls? Are the degradation of traditional norms that have been clear on the right also significantly impacting the left? Reading this forum the last three months, that appears easily determinable.

and you have still dodged the question posed to you multiple times.....
    First how many dead civilian Palestinians has Israel murdered?

Second whos count are you ok with?

Third, how how many are enough?

Bloodlust is never a good look, no matter how rah rah we are.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,619

Yes, yes, and yes. “Authoritarianism is gaining on the left?” What or where can you link me to that backs that farcical claim? Because POOTWH appeals to a large base of mostly older white, evangelical and racist ‘Muricans makes the left authoritarian? Seems your still having difficulty separating the Palestinian people from Hamas the terrorist organization but totally fine with that true democratic terrorist apartheid state called Israel.

Let me know how many dead Palestinians and ruined acres of landscape will quench Bibi’s blood lust when you get a chance, will ya?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Supporting democracy, opposing terrorism, and noting who broke the cease fire Oct 6 is supporting murder? That’s some wild ass logic.

Bloodlust? Why is it the pro terrorist comments never get edited by the moderators?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Supporting democracy, opposing terrorism, and noting who broke the cease fire Oct 6 is supporting murder? That’s some wild ass logic.

Bloodlust? Why is it the pro terrorist comments never get edited by the moderators?

AND YOU STILL DODGE THE FUCKING QUESTION.

I neither condone, applaud nor approve of the actions of Hamas.

You , by your silence, certainly seem to condone, approve and applaud the slaughter of innocents.

Israel: move to this location for your safety.
    Also Israel: bomb safe location.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

AND YOU STILL DODGE THE FUCKING QUESTION.

I neither condone, applaud nor approve of the actions of Hamas.

You , by your silence, certainly seem to condone, approve and applaud the slaughter of innocents.

Israel: move to this location for your safety.
    Also Israel: bomb safe location.
    If this isn’t blood lust, then I’m not sure that I know what it is. Particularly when Bibi claims it’ll go on for months until the complete destruction of Hamas. Any word on what that looks like?

JERUSALEM — It might seem obscene to assess the mounting financial cost of Israel’s war in Gazawhile the bombs are still falling on the besieged enclave, when hundreds of Palestinians, on average, are dying each day — alongside smaller, but historic, numbers of Israeli soldiers.

And yet, the economics behind the weeks-long assault have powerful implications for Israel, the Palestinians and the Middle East.

The cost to Gaza, while clearly devastating, has not yet begun to be calculated. About half of the buildings and two-thirds of the homes in the Strip have been damaged or destroyed, 1.8 million people have been displaced and more than 21,000 people are dead, according to the Gaza Health Ministry.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Nah, they're not in a cult. Just everyday repubism. Totally normal.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    mickeyrat said:
    If anything I’m surprised it took the far right this long to start beheading other Americans, NGL. 
  • Options