PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    even flow - on my knuckles.
    my 4th PJ related tattoo

Can you post a picture...I'm sure I'm not the only interested party :corn:
    1e78149f-9e60-47c2-9998-d07398bbe56f_zps26da05d4.jpg?t=1370022150
    this was right after it was done -- it looks a lot cleaner now - we used writing from a set list
  • Options
    95af0cef-4880-4e90-a84d-3cc69717558d_zps37dfe8dc.jpg?t=1370022816
    here is one more
    i also have the evolution ape on my chest and 2nd verse of indifference on my arm but no pics of those
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Cheers man, both quality tattoo's...food for thought.
  • Options
    I`ve tried but the resolution is too high (I posted directly from iphone)

Try again, I`ve unlocked my twitter

https://twitter.com/annaungaretti/statu ... 12/photo/1

https://twitter.com/annaungaretti/statu ... 06/photo/1

Tks!

Love both of these...simple but effective and well done...

P.S. you have just cost me £££'s...my partner loves yours and has just reminded me that I still owe her 3 tattoo's from Xmas and her latest birthday...sheesh !!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    here is my version of the green disease logo. i just got this done a few hours ago. last week i gave the logo to the artist. i told him i wanted something based on the design but more lively looking and not so plain and monochrome. this is what he came up with.

since i have a professional job i have to keep all of my tattoos concealed so i had limited space on my upper arm. he put it on my tricep. because the design was so tall, he had to move the crossed bones up behind the skull so that it would fit. it was either that, or leave them off entirely. i gave him creative license to shade and mix colors the way he thinks it should be. there is some gray smoke surrounding the skull and crossbones and some of the smoke winds its way up and over the far left peak on the crown. sorry about the pics, they are self shot....

77d5dedc-17f6-4d19-a1a3-572eeea65c82.jpg

30407b1a-b85a-4fa5-94c0-17149d1d71d3.jpg

c9ae0c72-db9b-42a4-8dc8-73a1bb566906.jpg
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    here is my version of the green disease logo. i just got this done a few hours ago. last week i gave the logo to the artist. i told him i wanted something based on the design but more lively looking and not so plain and monochrome. this is what he came up with.

since i have a professional job i have to keep all of my tattoos concealed so i had limited space on my upper arm. he put it on my tricep. because the design was so tall, he had to move the crossed bones up behind the skull so that it would fit. it was either that, or leave them off entirely. i gave him creative license to shade and mix colors the way he thinks it should be. there is some gray smoke surrounding the skull and crossbones and some of the smoke winds its way up and over the far left peak on the crown. sorry about the pics, they are self shot....

nicely done!

"hey gimme, can I add to my facebook album"

sincerely, dimi
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    nicely done!

"hey gimme, can I add to my facebook album"

sincerely, dimi
    thanks man :)

i don't have them on facebook yet because i have my bosses' wife on my friends list. i am sure she would let him know if she saw it..

if dimi sees this, he can feel free to copy and upload it if he wants to.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

looks great. :thumbup: I take back those deviation boos. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    It looks immense just now...just think how its gonna look in 2/3 weeks...its great when you can find an artist who will listen to what you want and improve on it...quality... :)
  • Options
    I see from gimmesometruth27's post that we still inhabit a professional environment where tattoos are frowned upon and have to be hidden...how sad in this day and age when matters of sexuality and religion, rightly, are given full support and allowed no negativity to be reigned upon them...I wonder how may others on here have been affected this way... :nono: :nono: :nono:
  • Options
    looks great. :thumbup: I take back those deviation boos. ;):lol:
    thanks :D i was hoping that you might take them back when you saw it :lol:

• Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    It looks immense just now...just think how its gonna look in 2/3 weeks...its great when you can find an artist who will listen to what you want and improve on it...quality... :)
    yeah this guy was good with coming up with ideas. his initial drawings deviated a little too far from the original design so he kind of went back more towards the original, but he understood what i was going for. i would recommend the guy to anybody. he is more specialized in the "traditional" style of tattoos like the old stuff old sailors used to get, but he did a nice job with the more modern idea of that logo.

• Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    I see from gimmesometruth27's post that we still inhabit a professional environment where tattoos are frowned upon and have to be hidden...how sad in this day and age when matters of sexuality and religion, rightly, are given full support and allowed no negativity to be reigned upon them...I wonder how may others on here have been affected this way... :nono: :nono: :nono:
    i work in health care and we see a lot of old people who do not like the fact that tattoos are socially acceptable now. we also see a lot of younger people with a ton of really cool tattoos. i will show my tattoos to the younger crowd, but i will hide them from the old people who get weirded out by tattoos. in another 20 years they will be even more socially acceptable.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    rod.awesome job dude!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rod.awesome job dude!! :)
    thanks D!

• Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    i work in health care and we see a lot of old people who do not like the fact that tattoos are socially acceptable now. we also see a lot of younger people with a ton of really cool tattoos. i will show my tattoos to the younger crowd, but i will hide them from the old people who get weirded out by tattoos. in another 20 years they will be even more socially acceptable.

Aha...down to personal choice then and not presssure from "the man"...cool, got to show the elders a bit of respect... ;)
  • Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    I`ve tried but the resolution is too high (I posted directly from iphone)

Try again, I`ve unlocked my twitter

https://twitter.com/annaungaretti/statu ... 12/photo/1

https://twitter.com/annaungaretti/statu ... 06/photo/1

Tks!

Love both of these...simple but effective and well done...

P.S. you have just cost me £££'s...my partner loves yours and has just reminded me that I still owe her 3 tattoo's from Xmas and her latest birthday...sheesh !!!

lol thanks!
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Thanks for reposting annaungaretti and yours looks awesome GimmeSomeTruth27.

Good job all round!
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    anna,your rocks too!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i need some serious advice here....

i was thinking of getting this design next. i was going to have it swooping down my upper arm between my GD tattoo and the one on my bicep, and the sky was going to tie those other two tattoos together. unfortunately, my tattoo guy says that he does not think this will make a good tattoo. he says that from a distance, or walking down the street people will see it and won't know it is a plane. it looks pretty obvious to me though. he said he would need to rotate the drawing some way to make it more obvious, and i am afraid that it would deviate from the original design too much. i think it looks great the way it is on the print.

this design has some significance to me, as my family has a history of world war I, II, and Vietnam military fighter pilots. this was going to be a tribute to those relatives of mine, as i am the first generation to not be a pilot....does anyone have any thoughts on this design? should i maybe talk to a different tattoo artist? would you guys know what it is??? any input would be much appreciated. thanks.

a3182106-c1b9-4491-aa75-5765ae17042d.jpg

• Options
    I think the bright red highlights on the wing tips and nose cone will help make it pretty obvious what the object is, especially set against the blue/white background that will also tie in your other tattoo's.
    Either a new tattoo artist or a firm word with your regular guy...

Good luck and remember to post the result :corn:
  • Options

i was thinking of getting this design next. i was going to have it swooping down my upper arm between my GD tattoo and the one on my bicep, and the sky was going to tie those other two tattoos together. unfortunately, my tattoo guy says that he does not think this will make a good tattoo. he says that from a distance, or walking down the street people will see it and won't know it is a plane. it looks pretty obvious to me though. he said he would need to rotate the drawing some way to make it more obvious, and i am afraid that it would deviate from the original design too much. i think it looks great the way it is on the print.

this design has some significance to me, as my family has a history of world war I, II, and Vietnam military fighter pilots. this was going to be a tribute to those relatives of mine, as i am the first generation to not be a pilot....does anyone have any thoughts on this design? should i maybe talk to a different tattoo artist? would you guys know what it is??? any input would be much appreciated. thanks.

If an artist says he doesn't want to do it - or even hints at not wanting to do it - find someone else who thinks they can do it --- artists have a lot of pride and aren't going to come right out and say "i don't think i can do that and make it look awesome" so any little hint is enough reason to move along.
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    That is an incredible Tat! wow, so cool.
    I am planning to get a slightly Modified Glorified G., later this summer..
    sdsurf wrote:
    I got this a couple months ago... Taking it on the road to Europe :)

Started with the surfer from the LA Klausen 2006 poster:
    klausen_la_2006_480.jpg

... and added the "I am mine" in the same text style:
    P7031651_480.jpg

I like it... :)
  • Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    I think the bright red highlights on the wing tips and nose cone will help make it pretty obvious what the object is, especially set against the blue/white background that will also tie in your other tattoo's.
    Either a new tattoo artist or a firm word with your regular guy...

Good luck and remember to post the result :corn:
    i was thinking the same thing. he had said that it looks good on paper, but on skin it might be a different story. i mean, the green disease one he did for me looks better on skin than on paper.

someone at work pointed out today that it resembles a penis. now i can not look at that plane in the same way again :fp:

i will think of something, maybe talk with another artist or something.

• Options

If an artist says he doesn't want to do it - or even hints at not wanting to do it - find someone else who thinks they can do it --- artists have a lot of pride and aren't going to come right out and say "i don't think i can do that and make it look awesome" so any little hint is enough reason to move along.
    good point. definitely something to think about.

this should not be a hard decision lol...my other 3 tattoos were no brainers.

• Options
    A jet propelled penis with wings...man, I've got to get me one of them if I win the lottery...my good lady would be over the moon...geddit :lol:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    If you've had work done by this guy before and was happy with it, I would trust his assessment on this design. I wouldn't jump straight to the conclusion that he's not capable if he doesn't want to do it. He may just be able to see the 'end product' on your body a bit more objectively. I find that he has integrity as an artist if he won't accept to permanently 'mark' you if his eye, skills and experience tell him what you want won't be quite right. I'm no tattoo artist but it doesn't look that complex of a design and I wouldn't have thought that he would throw away this job . He suggested some tweaks to make it work but, if you want a perfect copy of the design, by all means, check out another artist. No two will have the same vision and some are quite happy to tattoo whatever the client asks for without further input.
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Gone through every page of this post (phew)...

Didn't see a tattoo of this:
    10-04-1996post_emek96.jpg

Not sure if it's the one I want to start with, but ultimately get there (hand only!)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    Gone through every page of this post (phew)...

Didn't see a tattoo of this:
    10-04-1996post_emek96.jpg

Not sure if it's the one I want to start with, but ultimately get there (hand only!)
    yeah that one would be pretty badass!

• Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    A jet propelled penis with wings...man, I've got to get me one of them if I win the lottery...my good lady would be over the moon...geddit :lol:
    :lol::lol: