Options

PJ Tattoos?

Comments

• Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    mjohnson68 wrote:
    I have a couple of PJ related tattoos.... but this one just got done last night, and it's my favorite!

3361b353-9cac-4e52-b5fd-d799a084a550.jpg
    Baaaaaaaad Asssssssss Bro! Totally awesome tat! Makes me want another one.

Thanks man! Gotta go get you one! The last one I got was probably 4 or 5 years ago. Started wanting this one real bad when it was on the cover of Classic Rock magazine back around PJ20 time. Pumped that it turned out like it did.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    this is great! how much did that one cost you?
    I really want a big one next...I'm thinking half sleeve, but I'll need someone talented to sketch it out for me...was thinking the binaural album cover, or one of the pics in the booklet, maybe combined with something else.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I don't really want to go through 90+ pages here, but does anybody have the "3 crooked hearts with swirls all around" tat? I've been wanting to get something like that. And maybe put my wife and kids initials in the hearts, or just have SMILE written above it.
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    I really want a big one next...I'm thinking half sleeve, but I'll need someone talented to sketch it out for me...was thinking the binaural album cover, or one of the pics in the booklet, maybe combined with something else.

He only charged me $300. I think he undershot on his quote (I had another quote for between $400 and $500). So I gave him a pretty good tip. I don't know if you can tell, but it's on my ribcage, and it is pretty big. Probably 8 or 9 inches from top to bottom. Took him two sittings, and about 7 hours total.

I've thought about the Binaural cover too. I like that picture a lot....
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    mjohnson68 wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

He only charged me $300. I think he undershot on his quote (I had another quote for between $400 and $500). So I gave him a pretty good tip. I don't know if you can tell, but it's on my ribcage, and it is pretty big. Probably 8 or 9 inches from top to bottom. Took him two sittings, and about 7 hours total.

Yeah, that's a really good price! Mine were all about 100€, but they're pretty small. Ouch ribcage, how badly did that hurt?
    I was thinking about maybe trying to get to some of the US shows in fall, and having my next tat done there...but I think I might be safer sticking with my regular artist, and if I do make it to that tour I doubt I'll have the money for more ink.
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    mjohnson68 wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

Yeah, that's a really good price! Mine were all about 100€, but they're pretty small. Ouch ribcage, how badly did that hurt?
    I was thinking about maybe trying to get to some of the US shows in fall, and having my next tat done there...but I think I might be safer sticking with my regular artist, and if I do make it to that tour I doubt I'll have the money for more ink.

The ribcage was awful. I've probably got 8 tattoos, and I'll tell you, this one was by far the worst. Now that it's done, I think it looks awesome.... but if I had it to do over again, It would be somewhere else.

Yeah, I'd be sticking to my regular artist. Never know what you'll get into....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    some awesome looking ink on these last three pages... :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    I don't really want to go through 90+ pages here, but does anybody have the "3 crooked hearts with swirls all around" tat?

yeah...someone does... ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    mjohnson68 wrote:
    TJ25487 wrote:
    mjohnson68 wrote:
    I have a couple of PJ related tattoos.... but this one just got done last night, and it's my favorite!

3361b353-9cac-4e52-b5fd-d799a084a550.jpg
    Baaaaaaaad Asssssssss Bro! Totally awesome tat! Makes me want another one.

Thanks man! Gotta go get you one! The last one I got was probably 4 or 5 years ago. Started wanting this one real bad when it was on the cover of Classic Rock magazine back around PJ20 time. Pumped that it turned out like it did.

Got that Classic Rock issue upstairs under lock & key...$300 is...fuck it I'm lost for words...an unbelievable price for that amount of work...how long did you sit for this ?
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    october22 wrote:
    Proud to finally be a part of this thread. Got this last week:

image_zps0b86c3f8.jpg

image_zpsb23f44f8.jpg

Fucking A man! $300?? Where do you live? I paid the same price for mine after my guy's minimum plus tip! Another reason New York City is insane. You got a very good deal for a piece of that quality and size!
  • Options
    [Got that Classic Rock issue upstairs under lock & key...$300 is...fuck it I'm lost for words...an unbelievable price for that amount of work...how long did you sit for this ?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm really pleased with it.
    He did it in two sessions.... The first one was the outline, and it took about 5 hours. The second, he colored it in, and that one took 2.5 - 3.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    Proud to finally be a part of this thread. Got this last week:

image_zps0b86c3f8.jpg

image_zpsb23f44f8.jpg

Fucking A man! $300?? Where do you live? I paid the same price for mine after my guy's minimum plus tip! Another reason New York City is insane. You got a very good deal for a piece of that quality and size!

Yeah, I e-mailed him the picture, and he shot me the $300 quote. After the first session when he did the outline, I think he was wishing he'd quoted me a bit more. But he stood by it. I gave him a really good tip when he was done.... Just to make up for the low quote, and to express how happy I was with it.

By the way, for those of you in the KY, IN, IL area..... The artist was Tommy Gunn at Everlasting Impressions in Evansville, IN. Huge props to him.
  • Options
    mjohnson68 wrote:
    [Got that Classic Rock issue upstairs under lock & key...$300 is...fuck it I'm lost for words...an unbelievable price for that amount of work...how long did you sit for this ?

Yeah, I'm really pleased with it.
    He did it in two sessions.... The first one was the outline, and it took about 5 hours. The second, he colored it in, and that one took 2.5 - 3.[/quote]

I had mine completed on Saturday afternoon, my 4th in total but my 1st PJ related. Similar timescale to your own...2 hours for the outline and another 2 for the shading...I'm 45, 46 in 2 weeks time, and have worked outdoors all my days, i.e I've got old weatherbeaten and very dry skin on my left arm...the lining was fine, but the shading was fuckin' agony. I have never been so glad to have a tattooing session come to an end. How did your recent piece of pure art compare to your previous tattoo's...?

Also, what did you use as aftercare. My tattooist suggested Bepanthen, a baby care ointment available in the UK, maybe not available in th USA. 1st time I have tried it and can I just say the effects are miraculous, almost biblical, the fastest any tattoo I've had has ever healed...just a suggestion to any tattooee's getting ink done.
  • Options
    [/quote]
    I had mine completed on Saturday afternoon, my 4th in total but my 1st PJ related. Similar timescale to your own...2 hours for the outline and another 2 for the shading...I'm 45, 46 in 2 weeks time, and have worked outdoors all my days, i.e I've got old weatherbeaten and very dry skin on my left arm...the lining was fine, but the shading was fuckin' agony. I have never been so glad to have a tattooing session come to an end. How did your recent piece of pure art compare to your previous tattoo's...?

Also, what did you use as aftercare. My tattooist suggested Bepanthen, a baby care ointment available in the UK, maybe not available in th USA. 1st time I have tried it and can I just say the effects are miraculous, almost biblical, the fastest any tattoo I've had has ever healed...just a suggestion to any tattooee's getting ink done.[/quote]

The ribs were horrible. Like I said, I've got several tattoos, but this is the first on my ribs. It was really painful. But worth the pain!

I use Vitamin A & D ointment twice a day for 4 days, and then just a regular moisturizing lotion. Seems to work really well. This one has healed quite well... both after the outline, and now after adding the color.
  • Options
    Cool...I think I'll skip the ribs mind you. I must be getting delicate in my old age :fp:
  • Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    Cool...I think I'll skip the ribs mind you. I must be getting delicate in my old age :fp:

That, sir, is a very good choice! :P
  • Options
    MH261418MH261418 Posts: 7
    My new PJ tattoo: https://www.facebook.com/menno.hilverdink?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=10151488935089608&set=a.10150508413059608.391353.609869607&type=1&theater

Like to hear what you guys (and girls) think about it! :D

(Made by the LA Artist Big Sleeps - A lettering legend second to none! :D )
    Menno "I am Mine" Hilverdink
  • Options
    even flow - on my knuckles.
    my 4th PJ related tattoo
  • Options
    MH261418 wrote:
    My new PJ tattoo: https://www.facebook.com/menno.hilverdink?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=10151488935089608&set=a.10150508413059608.391353.609869607&type=1&theater

Like to hear what you guys (and girls) think about it! :D

(Made by the LA Artist Big Sleeps - A lettering legend second to none! :D )

A beautiful tattoo, very flamboyant :D
  • Options
    But can you read it? :-D
  • Options
    MH261418 wrote:

I will admit I needed a little help, but it's cool. And no big deal if some people have a bit of trouble reading it. I have a PJ tat also and nobody knows what the hell it is!
  • Options
    Same here...I have PJ lyrics hidden under torn flesh, you would have to get up close and personal to read it but as long as I know what it is, thats fine by me.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    MH261418 wrote:

I will admit I needed a little help, but it's cool. And no big deal if some people have a bit of trouble reading it. I have a PJ tat also and nobody knows what the hell it is!

A little riddle to solve what's written on my left arm:

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    A human being that was .... ?????? :D
  • Options
    When I google PJ tattoos on the WWW I get to see a number of them ... now I like to see MINE there too. Anybody a clue how to eachieve that? / Cheers! (Menno ... who would love to change that silly 'MH241618' but doesn't know how :cry: )
  • Options
    MH261418 wrote:

...Santa Claus?

Your tattoo says "Santa Claus"?
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    MH261418 wrote:

...Santa Claus?

Your tattoo says "Santa Claus"?

Spot on! :lol:
  • Options
    even flow - on my knuckles.
    my 4th PJ related tattoo

Can you post a picture...I'm sure I'm not the only interested party :corn:
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049

@annaungaretti's tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to @annaungaretti's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

Post them pics here! :thumbup:
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    annaungarettiannaungaretti Posts: 169
    I`ve tried but the resolution is too high (I posted directly from iphone)

Try again, I`ve unlocked my twitter

https://twitter.com/annaungaretti/statu ... 12/photo/1

https://twitter.com/annaungaretti/statu ... 06/photo/1

Tks!