Options

Ohana bootlegs?

Comments

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    Attended all 3.  Listened to all 3 boots.  I will award 10/1 with the quadruple crown...

1) Best Opening Act (Beck)
    2) Best Poster
    3) Best Setlist
    4) Best Sounding Bootleg
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I was at Sea Hear Now and have been listening to these four bootlegs a lot lately. Question....what the hell is going on in the crowd these days?

-At Sea Hear Now, you'll hear a chant of "medic" before Wishlist. That was coming from my section, as the guy standing in front of me passed out and crashed into my knee. The chant sounds so loud on the bootleg....but from where we were (Stone's side, maybe 50 yards from the stage), there's no way Eddie could've heard it. 

-Then, minutes later DURING Wishlist, he has to stop the song for a similar situation.

-Ohana Festival....he had to stop Crazy Mary for someone in the crowd.

-Ohana Encore Night 2, he had to stop Seven O'Clock for someone in the crowd.

What's going on? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    The mix on Encore night 1 is the best IMO... Night 2 sounds pretty rough the first few tunes... 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I was at Sea Hear Now and have been listening to these four bootlegs a lot lately. Question....what the hell is going on in the crowd these days?

-At Sea Hear Now, you'll hear a chant of "medic" before Wishlist. That was coming from my section, as the guy standing in front of me passed out and crashed into my knee. The chant sounds so loud on the bootleg....but from where we were (Stone's side, maybe 50 yards from the stage), there's no way Eddie could've heard it. 

-Then, minutes later DURING Wishlist, he has to stop the song for a similar situation.

What's going on? 
    We're out of concert shape. 

I was really bummed when they stopped Crazy Mary. Buzzkill.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,769

What's going on? 
    We're out of concert shape. 

I was really bummed when they stopped Crazy Mary. Buzzkill.
    Day-long festivals in the sun, older crowd, dehydration (less drunk, more skipping water in fear of bathroom breaks). People wanted to hold their spots so bad it took out a few of them. Almost had a super-tall dude crash on my leg 3x (!!!) and security wouldn't take him because he said he was okay while his head was bobbling about, and that was 5pm.

I'd imagine if the same people were lined up for an indoor GA pit, stood for less time waiting, etc. they'd have held up better. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,213

What's going on? 
    Older folks.  No standard shows with seats so this was the option.  Another couple years I see the GA model ending and it goes back to seats with lottery for floor being random and not seniority based.  It is kind of a buzz kill to stop the show because people don't handle their own personal being. Can't imagine the band wants to deal with this at every arena/stadium show the rest of the way because people can't accept they are over the hill. 
  • Options

What's going on? 
    Older folks.  No standard shows with seats so this was the option.  Another couple years I see the GA model ending and it goes back to seats with lottery for floor being random and not seniority based.  It is kind of a buzz kill to stop the show because people don't handle their own personal being. Can't imagine the band wants to deal with this at every arena/stadium show the rest of the way because people can't accept they are over the hill. 
    Not necessarily. I can only speak to the guy that fell near me at Sea Hear Now, but he was about my age (late 30's). It's probably more alcohol-related. Drinking dehydrates you. Couple that with the heat, and you can have a problem. That's why I don't even drink at things like this. I just hit my weed pen. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Someone also collapsed during RVM in Encore 1, but it was toward the end of the song and the band rushed off stage so weren't aware. The roadies resetting the stage did eventually see the pocket of cell phone lights and cries of medic, though, which was good. And the person was fine, as many have noted above, just someone who went a little too hard during the day I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    * awaiting Nugs shipping email. 
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    10/2 arrived yesterday. 10/1, ordered a week before, shipped today. :shrug: 
  • Options
    Travelar said:

Weird. I haven't yet received a shipping email on all 3 Ohana & Sea.Hear.Now CDs

• Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    demetrios said:
    Travelar said:

Weird. I haven't yet received a shipping email on all 3 Ohana & Sea.Hear.Now CDs

Me neither 
    got one for the SHN which I ordered separately, but nothing on the Ohana
    maybe more demand with people ordering all three west coast shows?
    supply chain and shipping issues have been slowing everything down in general also
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,506
    demetrios said:
    Travelar said:

I received an email yesterday that the 3 Ohana CDs had shipped. USPS informed delivery shows that they are at the distribution center in Santa Barbara. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Travelar said:

I received an email yesterday that the 3 Ohana CDs had shipped. USPS informed delivery shows that they are at the distribution center in Santa Barbara. 

Cool! Guessing early next week for international orders.
  • Options

What's going on? 
    People were dropping like flies Encore weekend. It was pretty hot and some folks were there all day drinking and sitting in the hot sun 

I was about 50yds from the stage and 3 ppl around me(separately) collapsed during 10/2. Pretty crazy
  • Options
    Anyone else still waiting to get their order shipped out, since the day Ohana Encore Night 2 was released?
  • Options
    All 4 shipped out on the 10th.
    Can't wait! :)
  • Options
    DF220512DF220512 Greeley, CO Posts: 13
    My Ohana N1 download has gaps between tracks. Anybody know how I can fix it? Kinda annoying. Still loving it. 
  • Options
    DF220512 said:
    My Ohana N1 download has gaps between tracks. Anybody know how I can fix it? Kinda annoying. Still loving it. 

What audio format was it? I would email Nugs.
  • Options
    Anyone else still waiting on the SHN & Ohana CDs?
  • Options
    DF220512 said:

Hope you were able to get that taken care of. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619

What's going on? 
    The youngster near me pulled an amateur move and was taking joint hits every time they went by and there was two doobs in play at the same time. And these weren’t 11% session joints. Pretty soon he hits the deck, but fortunately was able to recover pretty quickly. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    I’m still waiting for them in Ontario, Canada.
  • Options
    Jayfesuk said:
    demetrios said:

Would be great if we receive them before Christmas. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Jayfesuk said:
    demetrios said:

Well that was a good coincidence, I just received 10.1 & 10.2 today. The strange thing is l ordered 9.18 & 9.26 on their release dates, but haven’t received those yet. Hopefully that means those should be any day now. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 747
    edited December 2021
    Jayfesuk said:
    demetrios said:
    Jayfesuk said:
    demetrios said:

Well that was a good coincidence, I just received 10.1 & 10.2 today. The strange thing is l ordered 9.18 & 9.26 on their release dates, but haven’t received those yet. Hopefully that means those should be any day now. 
    I recieved 10.1 & 10.2 last week here in The Netherlands. Ordered them on the release dates. Same as 9.18 & 9.26, took them 2 weeks from release dates to het them.
    Oreded them directly from Nugs.
  • Options
    Jayfesuk said:
    demetrios said:
    Jayfesuk said:
    demetrios said:

Weird. Good that you recieved 1 of 2 packages.