Options

Flippers at Ohana Encore

2»

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    edited October 2021
    That's hot^^^ 

When I want something badly I'd line up at an obscenely early hour and love every second of it. 
    It is a bummer if you really want something and miss.
    If they did an online sale prior, I know I'd buy less stuff. Once you wait forever you are likely going to drop more cash.

Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RS65573 said:
    How much was the rug? Going for about $800 on that site.

Which isn't a bad price for a large area rug.  I thought about it for a minute and then about how I would get it to Virginia.  Quickly decided no. 
    In Seattle 18 seeing people with 5 foot poster tubes for the 2xls.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,873
    mrussel1 said:
    I bought 5 EV rugs.  Is that excessive?
    No not at all.  

One to use.
    one to frame 
    one extra
    one to use as a beach towel 
    one to donate to operation yellow ribbon.  

;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I bought 5 EV rugs.  Is that excessive?
    No not at all.  

One to use.
    one to frame 
    one extra
    one to use as a beach towel 
    one to donate to operation yellow ribbon.  

;)
    haha.. beach towel. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    I bought a rug to dance on, because I CAN REALLY CUT A RUG!

D'OH!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    One very easy way to cut down on this is no outside merch stands.
  • Options
    Then you have to carry your shit all day.  That would suck for a festival in particular

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    mrussel1 said:
    Then you have to carry your shit all day.  That would suck for a festival in particular

This is true but it would make people think twice about how much shit they buy therefore freeing up more shit for more people.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    good idea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    Allow members to order show merch online after the show (with item limits). Fulfill all orders after the tour is over, from whatever is left over plus new runs of whatever you need. Merch addicts who need their stuff immediately can brave the tables at the show. The rest of us can chill knowing that we’ll get our posters or whatever for face. Won’t do flippers much good since they won’t get their hands on anything for a while and demand will be less. Excess inventory gets cleared out. Band and everyone else in the supply chain makes more money. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    All the shirts and posters I would have bought for Ohana were already sold out when I got to the inside mech tent at around 2 on Friday. Hoping some of those items show up in the shop or in a psst. I did buy one Ohana shirt, but the tank top my wife liked was gone, just like last time.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,958
    I was really wanting that devil/surfer shirt and couldn't get it.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    That was a really cool shirt. I struck out both days on it too.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    If I see one pop up, I'll let you guys know.

I grabbed mine as soon as I got in on Friday (weekend 1) and got the last one they had in my size. (XL) I think they must've gone pretty fast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    mfc2006 said:
    If I see one pop up, I'll let you guys know.

I grabbed mine as soon as I got in on Friday (weekend 1) and got the last one they had in my size. (XL) I think they must've gone pretty fast.
    Thanks, an XL is what I would be shooting for. A 2XL would be big, but maybe I could give it the hot wash, high dry treatment to shrink it some.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    Would have been funny if a dolphin came ashore and got in the merch line....the OG Flipper!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,197
    Sucks I wasn't able to overcome lines for the Ames poster or event poster, only landed the Meggs.  Damn flippers. 

Really wish the shows were sold with a poster option sight unseen just to lock in posters for shows you attend.  This also gives them plenty of time for production to fulfill the online orders and put some at the site day of and if those didn't sell move it online.
  • Options
    Sucks I wasn't able to overcome lines for the Ames poster or event poster, only landed the Meggs.  Damn flippers. 

Really wish the shows were sold with a poster option sight unseen just to lock in posters for shows you attend.  This also gives them plenty of time for production to fulfill the online orders and put some at the site day of and if those didn't sell move it online.
    I would take this option in a heartbeat every single show. Unfortunately, we're a somewhat entitled fanbase at times and there would definitely be a lot of folks that would complain about getting an ugly poster as part of this arrangement.

All this being said, I believe they tried a pre-order system for posters for the 2009 Chicago shows and 10c has never gone back to it. I would imagine their operation is too small to handle the logistics of shipping thousands of posters, stickers, hats, etc... We've seen the delays with stuff like the Vault Vinyls, Funkos, Fan Club Singles, and Streaming Posters. Imagine if they had to do that for all sorts of different items for 20 shows on a tour?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I was able to pre-order a poster for Portland & Spokane back in 2013. Wish they'd go back to doing this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I was able to pre-order a poster for Portland & Spokane back in 2013. Wish they'd go back to doing this.
    DMB lets its Warehouse ticket holders for the show order the print for delivery at 3PM on the day of the show.  IT's not perfect because there are not enough of them, but it's better than nothing.  The reality though is that the overhead to managing these processes is far more expensive than just manning the merch booth (which has to happen regardless).  
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    mrussel1 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    DMB lets its Warehouse ticket holders for the show order the print for delivery at 3PM on the day of the show.  IT's not perfect because there are not enough of them, but it's better than nothing.  The reality though is that the overhead to managing these processes is far more expensive than just manning the merch booth (which has to happen regardless).  
    Not sure about that. I never got any links to pre-order an event poster this year. I know they do an unannounced flash drop day of show online, but those disappear quickly and are open to all Warehouse people. 

Their event posters are also $60 now (but are all numbered).
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,764
    The blind preorder process in 2009 was nice, but the posters we had for Chicago are the few shows I don’t have hanging up. But the idea of getting posters into attendee’s hands vs selling out to locals building their eBay business outside the venue makes total sense.

I’d be a bit surprised if they haven’t increased the print run for posters over the past few years, but it seems like there was more than enough demand at Ohana to flood the flipper market and still sell out at the shows. Or if anything, overproduce the event poster and keep the individual date at a low run. 
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Not sure about that. I never got any links to pre-order an event poster this year. I know they do an unannounced flash drop day of show online, but those disappear quickly and are open to all Warehouse people. 

Their event posters are also $60 now (but are all numbered).
    It's only to people who have tickets to the shows,  won through the warehouse.  And it goes fast.