Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Stone: 70’s semi hollow gold top les paul - Asbury

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 13,708
edited September 19 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is that a 1970’s semi hollow gold top les paul that Stone played at Asbury Park?  

I don’t recall seeing this guitar before and I bet he used it more than 50% of the night.  It looks like an ES but think it is an LP.  Here it is from Alive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QL4A9Y_lq34

Edit:  looks like it is a Les Paul Signature

Post edited by bootlegger10 on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,619
    Is that a 1970’s semi hollow gold top les paul that Stone played at Asbury Park?  

I don’t recall seeing this guitar before and I bet he used it more than 50% of the night.  It looks like an ES but think it is an LP.  Here it is from Alive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QL4A9Y_lq34

Edit:  looks like it is a Les Paul Signature

A very strange Gibson, indeed!  I've never seen any Gibson ES series guitars that were not symmetrical, and all of the semi-hollow body Les Pauls I've ever seen have a single cutaway.  A strange beast, that guitar!

"I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore

• static111static111 Posts: 2,944
    edited September 20
    ...Realized I came to the same conclusion a weird 70's signature les paul
    Post edited by static111 on
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY AustraliaPosts: 846
    No Bigsby?
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 13,708
    BALLBOY said:
    No Bigsby?
    Nope.
  • So great.  Thanks for this detail.  I was at the the show and noticed but wasn’t sure what it was.  Sounded great though!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 13,708
    Stone used this guitar again on probably 70% of the songs.  Played acoustic when necessary, and then certain electrics he typically does for Daughter & Life Wasted.   Interesting he used it for most of the Ten songs.  

I wonder if he figured there are only 4 shows so no need to take a bunch of guitars on tour, or he just loves this guitar that much.