Options

Eddie Vedder New Album Earthling

Comments

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 634
    Dirty Tom said:
    How many Earthling vinyls are they going to release before i get the ORIGINAL one ordered 6 months ago?????  This is upsetting!
    As far as what’s been said, this hasn’t pushed back the release date. 

If you ordered an original 6 months ago from here (as did I) it’s just yellow and blue now 
    ^correct.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 642
    Something tells me I'll end up with total of 9 copies - one to spin, 4 variants for collection and 4 backups. Oh well. 
  • Options
    YamriderYamrider Posts: 50
    I'm UK.

Assume International D2C, (but not retail), would be like the EMI record label UK online shop. But shows as sold out. Priced at £34.99 and £3.95 shipping.

From 10C shop it's $65 inc shipping and taxes to UK, which I worked out as about £53, so for the £14 (FOMO tax lol) I went for 10 club.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    AW124797 said:
    Something tells me I'll end up with total of 9 copies - one to spin, 4 variants for collection and 4 backups. Oh well. 

Same boat though if there are a different country pressings on every variant ... Like Made in EU, Made in Germany, Made in USA ... :o
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 440
    Any links to where the white/blue swirl version is sold?
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    StevieG73 said:
    Plaid room, Newbury etc are independent and have   decent websites. 

None of my local indies really have functional web stores but all of them should have it in store it appears 
  • Options
    StevieG73 said:

None of my local indies really have functional web stores but all of them should have it in store it appears 

Many of those online indie record stores are still taking pre orders but they are all showing up as black vinyl. Just waiting till they change to white / blue swirl in their description to place an order.

Hopefully independent record stores in Canada will carry the white / blue swirl vinyl.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    demetrios said:
    StevieG73 said:

Many of those online indie record stores are still taking pre orders but they are all showing up as black vinyl. Just waiting till they change to white / blue swirl in their description to place an order.

Hopefully independent record stores in Canada will carry the white / blue swirl vinyl.
    Yeah, I would wait. 

If you preordered one already it’s may indeed be the black that gets shipped and you’ll have to cancel and re order as most seem to get both versions when there is an indie exclusive (RHCP for example, orange and black were both stocked) 

once orders are up I highly doubt it will be difficult to obtain one 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    AW124797 said:

Hope you had a chance in picking up this new variant yesterday. https://shop.pearljam.com/products/eddie-vedder-earthling-clear-vinyl?variant=41426593349822

• Options
    Eddie Vedder - Earthling (Indie Exclusive Translucent Blue/Black Marble Colored Vinyl) https://palebluedotrecords.com/products/eddie-vedder-earthling-indie-exclusive-translucent-blue-black-marble-colored-vinyl Pre-order: Street Date 7/29/2022 Edition: Limited Edition Blue/Black Marble

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,822
    demetrios said:
    Eddie Vedder - Earthling (Indie Exclusive Translucent Blue/Black Marble Colored Vinyl) https://palebluedotrecords.com/products/eddie-vedder-earthling-indie-exclusive-translucent-blue-black-marble-colored-vinyl Pre-order: Street Date 7/29/2022 Edition: Limited Edition Blue/Black Marble

That is cool! I already have 3 variants of this. I can't justify 4 variants....Can I?

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,485
    GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

That is cool! I already have 3 variants of this. I can't justify 4 variants....Can I?

Of course you can!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    demetrios said:

Of course you can!

Indeed. Do it!

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290
    Wish they did this for Gigaton 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    After the first couple of listens, it’s pretty disappointing. I’ve never felt that way about anything Ed or PJ have done before, but it’s just… not very good.
    I don't think not very good is correct. Might not be your thing. But there are good songs on this album. 
    There are a couple of good songs, but as a whole I don’t think it’s a very good album at all.

It’s a strange feeling that I can’t quite put into words as it’s never happened before. This is the first time that I’ve ever heard a PJ-related album (including all of the solo albums and side projects) and been left feeling completely underwhelmed.

I’ll keep listening and I’m sure some songs may grow on me, but I know I’ll never need hear Picture again.
    Yea I’ve felt like that before with a PJ album, it was No Code. But over time I finally realized it was a masterpiece. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,270
    goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    After the first couple of listens, it’s pretty disappointing. I’ve never felt that way about anything Ed or PJ have done before, but it’s just… not very good.
    I don't think not very good is correct. Might not be your thing. But there are good songs on this album. 
    There are a couple of good songs, but as a whole I don’t think it’s a very good album at all.

It’s a strange feeling that I can’t quite put into words as it’s never happened before. This is the first time that I’ve ever heard a PJ-related album (including all of the solo albums and side projects) and been left feeling completely underwhelmed.

I’ll keep listening and I’m sure some songs may grow on me, but I know I’ll never need hear Picture again.
    Yea I’ve felt like that before with a PJ album, it was No Code. But over time I finally realized it was a masterpiece. 
    For once, I'm ok with not loving an album as it means I don't have to worry about missing out on all of the variants!

One blue/yellow copy that I will rarely play is enough for me.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Eddie Vedder Earthling [Indie Exclusive Limited Edition Translucent Blue/Black Marble LP]
  • Options
    UPC .. 602445254309 Earthling [Indie Exclusive Limited Edition Translucent Blue/Black Marble LP] :)

• Options
    Earthling [Indie Exclusive Limited Edition Translucent Blue/Black Marble LP] https://dearbornmusic.tuneportals.com/UPC/602445254309

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,400
    Dirty Tom said:
    How many Earthling vinyls are they going to release before i get the ORIGINAL one ordered 6 months ago?????  This is upsetting!

If you ordered an original 6 months ago from here (as did I) it’s just yellow and blue now 
    So just to sum this up (and to clarify for myself)...I ordered the vinyl from 10C when it first came out, 6 months ago.  That means I get the blue/yellow version, and those are still slated to ship in July?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Dirty Tom said:

So just to sum this up (and to clarify for myself)...I ordered the vinyl from 10C when it first came out, 6 months ago.  That means I get the blue/yellow version, and those are still slated to ship in July?

Yes, you're getting the blue / yellow version from 10club.
  • Options

Eddie Vedder "Earthling" LP (Blue/Black marble vinyl) https://1234gorecords.com/preorders/eddie-vedder-earthling-lp-blueblack-marble-vinyl

• Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    New EV digital compilation entitled "Earthling Expansion: The Rock Cuts".  Makes for a nice playlist, although I would like to nominate 'Can't Keep' from Ukulele Songs for inclusion.
     https://music.apple.com/us/album/earthling-expansion-the-rock-cuts/1622732284

1 Brother the Cloud
    2 Hard Sun
    3 Power of Right
    4 Porch (acoustic at home)
    5 Good and Evil
    6 Setting Forth
    7 Rose of Jericho
    8 Far Behind
    9 Try
  • Options

• Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 266
    So what’s the point of the “Adventurous Cuts”? Is it kinda meant to get new listeners into solo EV?
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    edited May 2022
    Adventurous cuts seem to have an alternative tracklist?  

Added:

Rise
    More Than You Know
    Growin Up
    Drive
    No Ceiling
    Satellite
    Say Hi
    I'll Be Waiting
    You're True

Removed: 

Power of Right
    Brother the Cloud
    Fallout Today
    The Dark
    Good and Evil
    Rose of Jericho,
    Try
    Mrs. Mills
    On My Way

Does anyone have any info on this. I find it bizarre that this record basically has two completely separate track lists minus 5 songs they share.

Post edited by gibbits on
  • Options
    southp said:
    So what’s the point of the “Adventurous Cuts”? Is it kinda meant to get new listeners into solo EV?
    Guessing yes.