Greatest album of the 90’s

2»

Comments

• For me these are these ones that top my list. Still listen to them often. 

Nirvana - Nevermind
    James - Laid
    James - Seven
    Pearl Jam - VS
    Pearl Jam - No Code
    For Squirrels - Example
    Counting Crows - August
    REM - Automatic
    REM - NAIHF
    U2 - Achtung
    Toad - Dulcinea 
    Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    As far as I'm concerned, Achtung Baby is the best album of the 90s.
    It's my #2 album of the decade (and all time) just behind OK Computer. 
    (Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy all make my top 10 and No Code and Yield would be in my top 20)
  • GD124635GD124635 Posts: 90
    edited September 2021
    Semi finals up! This one will be tight. I believe the other semis matchup is OK Computer vs Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness 
    Post edited by GD124635 on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    rummy said:
    Ah, okay. Good to know.
    I know it’s silly but I’m still bothered by only Ten being included on that recent Rolling Stone 500 top albums list. I can understand why No Code and Yield might only be for “us” but the omission of Vs and Vitalogy really irks me.
    Vitalogy was on the original list. I was surprised vs. wasn't on the original list as well. Thought they would redeem themselves and add it. But no they took one out. But they had to put in albums that came out recently for some reason. And I think Ten dropped from the 100s to 200s.
    I miss igotid88

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    We're losing 
    I miss igotid88

• CP218430 said:
    I gotta say Vs. is their rock masterpiece. Ten is the kick off, Vitalogy begins the great experiment but Vs. is perfection and I don't get it not being seen as such. 
    Ditto!!!
    CP218430 said:
    I gotta say Vs. is their rock masterpiece. Ten is the kick off, Vitalogy begins the great experiment but Vs. is perfection and I don't get it not being seen as such. 
    Ditto!!!
    I agree. I adore Ten and Vitalogy but Vs is indeed perfection. Such variety in terms of music and lyrics yet not one clunker whatsoever on the album.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,541
    interesting. Vs is probably my least favourite of the band's first 5. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited September 2021
    interesting. Vs is probably my least favourite of the band's first 5. 
    Well out of five great albums one of them has to take the fifth position. My fifth ranked album is many 10c members’ favourite.
    Post edited by rummy on
    Ten is the 7th seed? Good grief!
  • igotid88 said:
    That’s a tough matchup. Green Mind is killer.