Options

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women, state attorney general report says

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    Does anyone have video of photos of any of the incidents being reported as sexual harassment?  Don't get me wrong- I am all against true sexual harassment, but something Cuomo said leads me to be skeptical (and I think skepticism is healthy) about all this: 

“In my mind, I’ve never crossed the line with anyone, but I didn’t realize the extent to which the line has been redrawn. There are generational and cultural shifts that I just didn’t fully appreciate, and I should have — no excuses,” he continued.

It's too bad this kind of thing isn't caught on camera so we could assess for ourselves the extent of the accusations.  At what point is hugging, for example, no longer acceptable?  I've had women come up and hug me without my permission.  Is that sexual harassment?  Is this?

:hug: 

I'm not making excuses for anyone or getting soft on true sexual harassment.  I'm just suggesting we be more skeptical, especially about accusations made in the political arena.  We all know it's true that false claims are made there.

If we’re going to exercise skepticism, it should apply equally both within and outside of the political world. It’s unacceptable when a person with literal power does it, as much as the “friendly neighbor” who does the same.

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Does anyone have video of photos of any of the incidents being reported as sexual harassment?  Don't get me wrong- I am all against true sexual harassment, but something Cuomo said leads me to be skeptical (and I think skepticism is healthy) about all this: 

“In my mind, I’ve never crossed the line with anyone, but I didn’t realize the extent to which the line has been redrawn. There are generational and cultural shifts that I just didn’t fully appreciate, and I should have — no excuses,” he continued.

It's too bad this kind of thing isn't caught on camera so we could assess for ourselves the extent of the accusations.  At what point is hugging, for example, no longer acceptable?  I've had women come up and hug me without my permission.  Is that sexual harassment?  Is this?

I'm not making excuses for anyone or getting soft on true sexual harassment.  I'm just suggesting we be more skeptical, especially about accusations made in the political arena.  We all know it's true that false claims are made there.

rubbing a woman's ass has never not been over the line. 

If that really happened, I agree.
    Was the ass rubbing done on someone different than the breast cupping?  

I don't know.  Are you sure those things happened, and if so how do you know for certain?
    we don't. unless it's caught on video or corroborated by a witness or he admits to it, none of it can be known for certain. I just personally weigh a few things:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

Now, the first two kind of go hand in hand. What motivation did Christine Blasey Ford have to come forward against Brett Kavanagh, for instance? I'd say she did it out of absolute selflessness and duty, which lends to her credibility. 

The fact he's had SEVERAL woman come forward shows there's a pattern of terrible harassing behavior. Can misunderstandings happen? Can women lie? Of course, on both counts. But judging by what I've read and the details of each incident, I'd say it went way beyond misunderstanding and he's just a fuckin' creep. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

same woman. his executive assistant Brittany Commisso. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

same woman. his executive assistant Brittany Commisso. 
    Double dipped.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    brianlux said:

Guys who use this excuse (Cuomo) don’t  realize that the line was never where they thought it was. They assumed they had the right to touch and comment and pressure, and act surprised and outraged that “lines have been redrawn” when they actually need to wake up to the fact that their  behaviour wasn’t ever acceptable to women. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    edited August 2021
    funny. the times a place of business had sexual harrassment training I was in attendence,  never once do I recall them saying the doer is the one who gets to determine if their behavior was harrassment or not. Its always the reciever or even a 3rd party witness who determines offensiveness.....

and umm, 2 week notice is not required. pack your shit and go. better yet, we got people for the packing. just go.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Yep just go now! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    funny. the times a place of business had sexual harrassment training I was in attendence,  never once do I recall them saying the doer is the one who gets to determine if their behavior was harrassment or not. Its always the reciever or even a 3rd party witness who determines offensiveness.....

and umm, 2 week notice is not required. pack your shit and go. better yet, we got people for the packing. just go.
    For our training years ago I was surprised at what was considered harassment.  I talked to my sister about it and she said "oh that's timid.  You should hear the things I went through."

What is that saying?  You know better then you do better?  Absolutely.  I haven't whistled at a girl in 25 years.  I'm not proud that i did now either.
  • Options
    has anyone seen a comedian named Kyle Dunnigan and his impressions of Biden and Cuomo on instagram? they're fuckin' funny as hell
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:

After the Anita Hill hearings, the men in our office were told they couldn’t compliment a woman’s outfit, or say they looked nice that day. I thought that was taking it way too far (especially given the men I was lucky enough to work with).

I’m fortunate that my exposure to sexual harassment in the workplace has been more limited than others. 

Now, in my personal life….
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    brianlux said:

You’re in good form today!  This and the Trudeau ass tattoo remark made me laugh out loud!  Haven’t laughed for a few days. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    We have annual sexual harassment training at work, anyone with a modicum of sense knows what is appropriate and what is not. He is just another typical powerful man who feels like he can get away with anything he wants.
  • Options
    We have annual sexual harassment training at work, anyone with a modicum of sense knows what is appropriate and what is not. He is just another typical powerful man who feels like he can get away with anything he wants.
    The irony of it all is he signed in to law some of the strictest guidelines towards sexual harassment in and out of the workplace.
  • Options
    The irony of it all is he signed in to law some of the strictest guidelines towards sexual harassment in and out of the workplace.

and did he go through the required training?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    "Don't do as I do, do as I say" 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

It was Mel Brooks who said "It's good to be the king".
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

HA!  I thought that immediately too!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    mickeyrat said:

"Piss Boy!  Ohh, Piss Boy!"
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

If we’re going to exercise skepticism, it should apply equally both within and outside of the political world. It’s unacceptable when a person with literal power does it, as much as the “friendly neighbor” who does the same.

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I don't know.  Are you sure those things happened, and if so how do you know for certain?
    we don't. unless it's caught on video or corroborated by a witness or he admits to it, none of it can be known for certain. I just personally weigh a few things:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

Now, the first two kind of go hand in hand. What motivation did Christine Blasey Ford have to come forward against Brett Kavanagh, for instance? I'd say she did it out of absolute selflessness and duty, which lends to her credibility. 

The fact he's had SEVERAL woman come forward shows there's a pattern of terrible harassing behavior. Can misunderstandings happen? Can women lie? Of course, on both counts. But judging by what I've read and the details of each incident, I'd say it went way beyond misunderstanding and he's just a fuckin' creep. 
    I mean, Biden fits that bill too…Several women have accused Biden of inappropriate touching and that they they felt uncomfortable around him(Democrat staffers for that matter).  If I remember right, all of that was played off as Biden just being an old geezer that didn’t realize his actions were inappropriate.  Where are the lines?  Evidently, if you are president, you get a sexual harassment allegation shield?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

"Piss Boy!  Ohh, Piss Boy!"

Count De Monet:
    Your Majesty- you look like the piss boy!

King Louis:
    And you look like a bucket of sh*t!

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

I mean, Biden fits that bill too…Several women have accused Biden of inappropriate touching and that they they felt uncomfortable around him(Democrat staffers for that matter).  If I remember right, all of that was played off as Biden just being an old geezer that didn’t realize his actions were inappropriate.  Where are the lines?  Evidently, if you are president, you get a sexual harassment allegation shield?
    honestly, getting a little too close while talking to someone or putting your hand on their shoulder isn't in the same universe as putting your hands under a woman's shirt and cupping their breasts. if cuomo did what biden has done, this wouldn't be happening. 

biden is like the old aunt that still insists on kissing you on the lips, even when you are 25 years old. yeah, it's creepy, but it's not sexual. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

honestly, getting a little too close while talking to someone or putting your hand on their shoulder isn't in the same universe as putting your hands under a woman's shirt and cupping their breasts. if cuomo did what biden has done, this wouldn't be happening. 

biden is like the old aunt that still insists on kissing you on the lips, even when you are 25 years old. yeah, it's creepy, but it's not sexual. 
    It wasn’t just shoulder touching that he was accused of…And I thought the metric was not whether the accused felt it was innocent, but whether or not the accuser felt uncomfortable.  Hell, if I went around touching coworkers on the shoulders randomly and sniffing their hair, I’m pretty sure it would be an HR issue, lol. But I’m not president, so…..
    Are we still sticking to the ol’ creepy geezer rhetoric?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

Aside from Tara Reid , I dont recall Biden being accused of grabbing ass and cupping breast.

• Options
    You either believe Tara Reade or you don’t. Reframing the allegations is kinda strange though.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

Aside from Tara Reid , I dont recall Biden being accused of grabbing ass and cupping breast.
    The ol’ geezer gets a pass…
    https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-allegations-women-2020-campaign-2019-6
    The goalpost keeps moving…
    Lets say this was a Cuomo article and not a Biden one…pretending the other incidents never happened.  Would Cuomo have gotten a pass from these exact same actions?  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-allegations-women-2020-campaign-2019-6
    bullshit. "violating personal space", which seems to be the predominant theme here, doesn't even come close to what cuomo, trump, and clinton have all been accused of. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

bullshit. "violating personal space", which seems to be the predominant theme here, doesn't even come close to what cuomo, trump, and clinton have all been accused of. 
    I agree, but you keep hearing that the credibility of the accuser is not what should be attacked, but decisions should be based on a pattern of inappropriate behavior and complaints.  Overlooking the credibility of accusers, Biden has been accused of way more than “violating personal space” on the exact level of Cuomo, Clinton, Trump.
    The Tara Reade situation mentioned above was dismissed essentially because of her credibility because “she was dishonest about other things, so she must be lying about this”.  
    That’s where the goalpost keeps moving.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

I agree, but you keep hearing that the credibility of the accuser is not what should be attacked, but decisions should be based on a pattern of inappropriate behavior and complaints.  Overlooking the credibility of accusers, Biden has been accused of way more than “violating personal space” on the exact level of Cuomo, Clinton, Trump.
    he had one accusation on that same level. one (that I'm aware of). and who said anything about the credibility of the accuser? all I said was I think "hugging one heartbeat too long" and "touching foreheads" is a far cry from sexual assault. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

I totally agree.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

-credibility
    -motivation
    -pattern

he had one accusation on that same level. one (that I'm aware of). and who said anything about the credibility of the accuser? all I said was I think "hugging one heartbeat too long" and "touching foreheads" is a far cry from sexual assault. 
    So what are we looking for?  Two major allegations and many minor ones…?  Three major ones?  
    He’s probably just an ol’ geezer that just doesn’t understand personal space at the end of the day.  
    Here are the standards Cuomo was judged on ( per wiki):
    • Severe: a single instance can be sexual harassment if it is sufficiently severe.
    • Pervasive: a behavior can be sexual harassment if it is repeated frequently enough.
    • Unwelcome: the harasser knows, or reasonably ought to know, that the behavior is not desired by the victim.

All, but especially the third point, fits Biden’s bill.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,656
    Let’s throw Kavanaugh into the mix, shall we?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©