2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    Gaga just announced. So that could be the big Monday announcements.
    I wouldn't think the Nashville "Alternative Rock" station  (102.9 The Buzz) would tease a big announcement and have Lady Gaga be said announcement.  Just saying (and hoping!!)
    No, but they did post this on FB

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Pearl Jam trying to get radio stations to hype up their rescheduled show announcements but getting "Wait, you haven't done that already?!?!" back instead. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    We're now into the second week of March, and the stated intent was to have US shows in May, so the clock is ticking.  One would have to think the announcement would be imminent. And you would also think they would announce the reschedule of the postponed shows before Ohana makes their announcement which usually happens in March as well if I'm not mistaken. 

Here's hoping today is the day! 

• DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    Gaga just announced. So that could be the big Monday announcements.
    I wouldn't think the Nashville "Alternative Rock" station  (102.9 The Buzz) would tease a big announcement and have Lady Gaga be said announcement.  Just saying (and hoping!!)
    No, but they did post this on FB

Yeah, just saw that....  booo...  And pardon my ignorance as i've never heard of any of those bands - would that be considered a big announcement? I don't think Marathon music works is a very big venue. So is it possible that wasn't the "big" announcement? (Grasping at straws, i know, lol)
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    wsimon74 said:
    We're now into the second week of March, and the stated intent was to have US shows in May, so the clock is ticking.  One would have to think the announcement would be imminent. And you would also think they would announce the reschedule of the postponed shows before Ohana makes their announcement which usually happens in March as well if I'm not mistaken. 

IMO May shows are extraordinarily unlikely at this point for Myriad of Reasons... Summer / Fall much much more likely. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • symptomsfadesymptomsfade Posts: 239
    edited March 2022
    Hmmmmm, just checked the hotel I had booked in Hamilton back in 2020 and…….Thursday May 5 is oddly 90$ More than any other Thursday 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    edited March 2022
    wsimon74 said:

IMO May shows are extraordinarily unlikely at this point for Myriad of Reasons... Summer / Fall much much more likely. 
    They said May. I am sure they mean it for at least some of the shows.As pointed to by the resident insider as well
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    The pessimist in me is saying we get a tweet this afternoon with a hint.
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    I haven't been this excited for 1PM to come around in a while
  • The Greek just posted a link to the video for U2 beautiful day , so today has got to be the day 
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,984
    why does it feel like my normally patient ass has been chafed beyond repair, attacked by stinging nettles?   Really cant defend the useless excuses at this point.   We all have lives to live, plans to make, and keep moving forward.   Just wished that this band would let us include them in our plans.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,901
    👀
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    The Greek just posted a link to the video for U2 beautiful day , so today has got to be the day 
    come on chunk GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • reyrey Posts: 277
    The Greek just posted a link to the video for U2 beautiful day , so today has got to be the day 
    U2 tour announcement today??   :smiley:
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 

• wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503

That's the second time now he has made reference to "today" correct?  He usually posts with intent, so there is definitely some smoke, let's see if there's actual fire. 

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,391
    Read today might be the day at 8am, got distracted by the day, and then OOO ITS ALMOST 1PM… let’s go folks let’s end this agony!! 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    t-minus 9 minutes

wsimon74 said:

They said May. I am sure they mean it for at least some of the shows.As pointed to by the resident insider as well

They said May a while back... They also said the announcement would be in January, and we all see how well that turned out. 

We'll hopefully find out soon enough. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Lukeat911Lukeat911 Posts: 189
    I’m scared. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,274
    What would be hilarious (and very rude of 10c) is if we just get a pssst… announcement for some of the EV posters. I think this place would absolutely erupt. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    wsimon74 said:

They said May a while back... They also said the announcement would be in January, and we all see how well that turned out. 

We'll hopefully find out soon enough. 
    They said early 2022. We all hoped that meant January, but it didn’t
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • reyrey Posts: 277
    JimmyV said:
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 
    When the past is the present and the future’s no more
    When every tomorrow is the same as before
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    LET THE F5 FESTIVAL BEGIN!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    I'll be in the merch section at 1pm, if anyone needs me.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

edited March 2022
    I personally hope it's NOT May as I'll be cooking at the World Championship of Barbecue in Memphis in May 7-15th. :) 

Let's see late Summer once things cool down a little in the South. Standing in GA lines all day in 100+ degree heat sucks balls. :# . 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Lukeat911 said:
    I’m scared. 
    seth meyers i have no fear GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
    www.cluthelee.com
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276
    Gibson said:
    I'll be in the merch section at 1pm, if anyone needs me.
    Brilliant! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Drum roll please....
    The Hot Sauce Bro Reviews Dirty Dicks Hot Sauce - Mantry Inc
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • I personally hope it's NOT May as I'll be cooking at the World Championship of Barbecue in Memphis in May 7-15th. :) 

Let's see late Summer once things cool down a little in the South. Standing in GA lines all day in 100+ degree heat sucks balls. :# . 
    Good luck!  Let me know if your throwing down some bbq at any shows!  I’d love to get some pointers!