LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,175
    hell yes
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    The band is writing material for a new album. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    This is a great talk. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    LukinFan said:
    The band is writing material for a new album. 
    Great news!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Great podcast.  Stone is the best.  Good news is there is new music in the works.  Bad news is we might have new music before they tour again.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    That was a great interview, Dean does a good job.. Stone was really loose and talkative. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,918
    Stone seems like such a good dude to hang out with. Very humble, not afraid to make fun of himself, and just all around nice guy.  That was a fun listen.  
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    bbiggs said:
    Great podcast.  Stone is the best.  Good news is there is new music in the works.  Bad news is we might have new music before they tour again.

That's not really bad news.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    Surprised the Interviewer didn't have a follow up after Stone said they were writing new Pearl Jam songs. 

Thanks for the Link to the podcast.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    Had no idea he had 4 kids. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited July 2021
    bbiggs said:
    Why is that bad news? great interview!

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Why is that bad news? great interview!

Well we know how quickly they put out new music these days.  My sarcasm didn't translate well, but what I was getting at is that the low sense of urgency that they have to get back on the road means we likely see new music before we see the rescheduled shows at this rate, which to me would be bad news.

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    1:20 of rehashing the same old stuff.  How about some questions about anything after 1994?  Last minute question any live shows planned?  Ohana, Ed's fest and sea here now. Break the presses scoop of the year. Total waste of time unless you just like hearing Stone talk.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,208
    The interviewer sounded like Bill and Ted of “excellent adventure” fame.  But it wasn’t a bad listen.  Thanks to OP for posting.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    So far I'm only a half hour into it... the first 15-20 minutes before he started talking to Stone were painful. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Get_Right said:
    1:20 of rehashing the same old stuff.  How about some questions about anything after 1994?  Last minute question any live shows planned?  Ohana, Ed's fest and sea here now. Break the presses scoop of the year. Total waste of time unless you just like hearing Stone talk.
    Ohana is Eddie's fest
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    igotid88 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Ohana is Eddie's fest
    Yes, I was paraphrasing what Stone said probably needed another comma ;)