Canada: genocide and attempted extermination of indigenous peoples….

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    edited June 2021
    Catholic churches burnt down last night on Osoyoos and Penticton First Nation Land.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    ^^^ Probably shouldn’t be torching buildings, but seeing no one was hurt…will these churches be missed?

and the RCMP is investigating.  Who’s investigating the racist RCMP?  Certainly not our racist federal government…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I hope we find out more about these churches. It seems that both are on Indigenous lands, but I wonder if the congregations are entirely Indigenous or if they involve others in the local communities as well. I am curious about how the Indigenous communities will approach this issue. I have met some Indigenous people with a strong Christian faith, usually Catholic, despite the church's history with their nations, so I suspect this will not be widely accepted.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited June 2021

'Hundreds of unmarked graves' found at former residential school in Saskatchewan

https://www.680news.com/2021/06/23/hundreds-of-unmarked-graves-found-at-former-residential-school-in-saskatchewan/

another one…and there are many more.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Any word on if the RCMP have any suspects for the church fires…I’m sure the indigenous peoples are helping them…

Give Peas A Chance…

Nothing nada zip 

Their sovereignty has yet to be exerted...

751 unmarked graves.  The headstones were removed which is a crime in Canada.  How the fuck can anyone still go to a Catholic Church…typical coward Catholics..Pedophile, murderous and criminal priest and nuns..To be bad Catholics are to cowardly to take ownership of their responsibility…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    751 unmarked graves.  The headstones were removed which is a crime in Canada.  How the fuck can anyone still go to a Catholic Church…typical coward Catholics..Pedophile, murderous and criminal priest and nuns..To be bad Catholics are to cowardly to take ownership of their responsibility…
    Those responsible, or at least complicit, should be held accountable.

But yeah, let’s paint all with the same rabid brush. It’s the way these days, right?

🙄
    hedonist said:

But yeah, let’s paint all with the same rabid brush. It’s the way these days, right?

🙄
    The money that Catholics give to the church in which they pay no tax allows the church to continue to cover up their crimes…

The Catholic Church is a pedophile criminal organization that along with our government are responsible for committing genocide and trying to exterminate indigenous people’s..  sometimes the truth hurts.  But I don’t care if Catholics are offended…tough.  I am offended that the pope continues to cover up their crimes..fuck that loser…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    get help
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I had a very vivid and lucid dream a couple of night ago.  In the dream, I was listening to the news and the headline was, "300 Native Americans were stoned to death yesterday".  The newscaster went on to say that some teachers, nurses and administrators in an "Indian school" had stoned to death 300 Native American children.  I woke up and was horrified by this dream and could not understand where that came from. It was probably influenced by reading this thread.  What eventually occurred to me was that my dream seemed like a modern version of a glimpse of some of the awful events of the past, and that dream was not all that far fetched as to horrid treatment of indigenous people.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

🙄
    The money that Catholics give to the church in which they pay no tax allows the church to continue to cover up their crimes…

The Catholic Church is a pedophile criminal organization that along with our government are responsible for committing genocide and trying to exterminate indigenous people’s..  sometimes the truth hurts.  But I don’t care if Catholics are offended…tough.  I am offended that the pope continues to cover up their crimes..fuck that loser…
    I am not offended (nor am I Catholic...nor would I ever claim to be offended on another’s behalf) but the gist of what I said appears to have been lost on you.

So be it.

edited June 2021
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Bennett apologizes after linking JWR residential school tweet with pension eligibility (granthshala.com)

Another racist liberal...

In case people do not know...here in Canada, many people think indigenous people live off welfare...

This pos racist liberal substituted pension for welfare...yup this bitch making this racist comment can walk away with $120000 annual pension.

I hope JWR did not accept this old crow's apology.

Bennet "I wanna apologize".
    JWR "get away from me you old crow."
    Bennet "I just wanna apologize. That"s what us liberals do."

Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
    Two more churches in the Okanagan Similkameen areas burned down overnight and the Chief of the bands on whose land one of the churches sat is not in favour of these actions 

https://apple.news/AOo84WQfLSgGFMd0zQBhkiw

edited June 2021

These 2 are Canada’s Indigenous ministers…did they purposefully choose the whitest folks they could find?  The one on the top sent out a racist tweet to a indigenous mp.  Until some government gets rid of the Indian Act 1st nations mp will likely never be indigenous ministers because they do not want to be governed by an act that was brought in by racist…pretty fucking sad that our indigenous peoples have an act to govern them instead of negotiating constitutional changes that guarantee their rights?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2021
    Papers finally went through, thanks to Bill S-3 receiving royal assent in 2019, which advances gender equality. I'm a registered Indian according to the Indian act.  

We don't need no water, let the motherfucker burn!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    It’s a good thing you don’t need water…it appears the government feels the same way.

a 5th church was set a blaze but wasn’t destroyed…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited November 2023
    tish said:
    ^ oh yeah? Where's that? BC? I missed that while camping.

And yes,... the water lyric was meant to reference that. Also, I found motherfucker an appropriate reference to the religion-church that worships a virgin mother.
    just imagine that an entire religion was founded on a woman covering up her infidelity. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

tish said:

And yes,... the water lyric was meant to reference that. Also, I found motherfucker an appropriate reference to the religion-church that worships a virgin mother.
    This one was on Gitwangak land up north, near Terrace. Damage to the entryway only it seems. 
    tish said:

Yes the church was in BC.  I get why indigenous people are torching Catholic Churches…but it’s problematic in the sense that with the heat a  wildfire could be started or someone gets seriously hurt… 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2021
    tish said:

just imagine that an entire religion was founded on a woman covering up her infidelity. 
    Funny, I often think of the man that knocked her up and hid it. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,423
    tish said:
    tish said:

Funny, I often think of the man that knocked her up and hid it. 

story sounds an awful lot like rape to me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Victims of these residential schools say that priest got indigenous school children pregnant, allowed the births to happen then incinerated the baby alive…while other children were near by… because that’s so much better than abortion…fucking animals.  But the pope is the head animal of the criminal enterprise.  He should be arrested and tried for crimes against humanity…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    i heard that same story. if true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), that is epitome of evil. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

tish said:

Yes the church was in BC.  I get why indigenous people are torching Catholic Churches…but it’s problematic in the sense that with the heat a  wildfire could be started or someone gets seriously hurt… 

Yes, particularly now, with our heat wave. The southern Okanagan is always dry but now things are even worse. Fires can spread quickly and over a huge area, and unfortunately would probably first impact the Indigenous communities and lands on which the churches sit. 
    edited November 2023