Pearl Jam Vinyl

Dubec11Dubec11 Posts: 4
Do any fans have a PJ Rearviewmirror vinyl or Lost Dogs they are willing to sell at a reasonable price to a long time Ten Club member? I collect vinyl and those are selling for crazy prices and there are fakes out there too. Let me know if you want to sell and what price you would be willing to accept. Member Number: 191174 
Tagged:

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,238
    Just my humble opinion, having been around awhile, coming from a place of experience and not from a high and mighty stance. Those days are long gone my friend. They have only grown in collectible 'value' over the years and the current prices you have seen on Lost Dogs (rare that they come up at all) are pretty much the standard.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Dubec11Dubec11 Posts: 4

OK thank you I wasn’t sure if people might have vinyl they bought that don’t actually play it I know that I used to buy the Pearl Jam stuff early on and I didn’t even have a turntable thanks for the feedback
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Dubec11 said:

OK thank you I wasn’t sure if people might have vinyl they bought that don’t actually play it I know that I used to buy the Pearl Jam stuff early on and I didn’t even have a turntable thanks for the feedback
    I’m sure there’s people here that don’t play their vinyl, but like Chris said, those records are more collectibles now. Really high prices. Hopefully we get a Lost Dogs reissue at some point. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,706
    LukinFan said:
    Dubec11 said:

I’m sure there’s people here that don’t play their vinyl, but like Chris said, those records are more collectibles now. Really high prices. Hopefully we get a Lost Dogs reissue at some point
    I vote yes!!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,265
    With the number of bootlegs being sold, reissues seem like a no-brainer opportunity. If they can reissue Ten 17 different times, I think LD, RVM and Benny deserve at least 1.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    mace1229 said:
    With the number of bootlegs being sold, reissues seem like a no-brainer opportunity. If they can reissue Ten 17 different times, I think LD, RVM and Benny deserve at least 1.
    YES
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,706
    mace1229 said:
    Once again I vote yes! 
    They keep releasing vinyl from live vault stuff and I buy it - but what I really want are RVM Greatest hits and Lost Dogs reissues on vinyl it will complete my PJ collection. I will find one at some point. Thanks for the dialogue and hope the tour is rescheduled soon. 
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    I just want a copy of No Code, hopefully they'll repress more for it's 25th and this year... 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,238
    my_wave said:
    I just want a copy of No Code, hopefully they'll repress more for it's 25th and this year... 
    Hope so too! The reissue sounds really great! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,998
    Yeah once I saw no code vanish, I snagged RA binaural and avocado from 10c. Too many boots floating around to confuse me.
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    my_wave said:

Dubec11 said:
    Do any fans have a PJ Rearviewmirror vinyl or Lost Dogs they are willing to sell at a reasonable price to a long time Ten Club member? I collect vinyl and those are selling for crazy prices and there are fakes out there too. Let me know if you want to sell and what price you would be willing to accept. Member Number: 191174 

shoot me a pm
    I do not have sealed copies but they have been played less than 3 times each.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,264
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah once I saw no code vanish, I snagged RA binaural and avocado from 10c. Too many boots floating around to confuse me.

Many local record stores are selling bootleg Pearl Jam albums. Not on their online shop, but in stores.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:
    Loujoe said:

Many local record stores are selling bootleg Pearl Jam albums. Not on their online shop, but in stores.
    Yea, I can't believe reputable stores sell counterfeit officially released records. I can totally understand grey market radio/live shows but I just don't understand buying/selling unofficial trash.
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    mace1229 said:
    Add PJ20 to that list 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    Loujoe said:

Yea, I can't believe reputable stores sell counterfeit officially released records. I can totally understand grey market radio/live shows but I just don't understand buying/selling unofficial trash.
    I agree but people want to buy it and the band won't release them and they're not available anywhere else so these stores are making a profit by giving the people what they want, it makes no sense to me why they don't just repress more and put them in the shop, then there would be no need for the bootlegs, but someone's making $ off these releases it's just not the band
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    my_wave said:
    MedozK said:
    demetrios said:
    Loujoe said:

I agree but people want to buy it and the band won't release them and they're not available anywhere else so these stores are making a profit by giving the people what they want, it makes no sense to me why they don't just repress more and put them in the shop, then there would be no need for the bootlegs, but someone's making $ off these releases it's just not the band
    If you buy a bootleg of an album you may as well buy the CD. You are just paying more for a CD pressed to vinyl. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    edited May 2021
    At the very best it will sound like a cd.  The whole counterfeit market is so odd to me the whole reason you’d want to listen to it on vinyl isn’t there.  Unless I guess you like pretending you have something valuable or just love the sound of a needle hitting vinyl before it plays basically a MP3

it is nuts how much counterfeit/bootleg stuff is out there even in reputable shops.  None of it is labeled so they are just taking advantage of people that don’t know if the price is good to be true it is fake.  Saw someone freaking out over finding some rare Tom waits albums for $20 had to break it to them they were boots kind of sucked but I’d hate for them to resold improperly on discogs or somewhere
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,998
    ^good to tell them^  Said it before but the place I used to go to gets imports, colored vinyl, LE, live shows, sells in shop and in fb. Some for 50 bucks! 40 for mirrorball boot and people fighting to get it? It sickens me, but covid almost shut them down and I guess if I asked him about it, it would be a nature of the business thing? I would have less of a problem if they stressed 'unofficial' when selling.  Some people would still buy them.   Almost grabbed a live at soldier field boot years ago, but that was just the beginning.  
    Makes buying official records more challenging. Too much work. It's only rock and roll!!!!
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    My RVM is still sealed, probably one of a few PJ records I had no interest in opening, just a collector thing. When I bought it I really considered not buying. Its a greatest hits collection which I dont tend to care for in general. Greatest hits are good for the car etc so be as well to just get a digital copy.
    That is awesome congrats  if you would like to sell it I will give you $450
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,692
    Loujoe said:
    ^good to tell them^  Said it before but the place I used to go to gets imports, colored vinyl, LE, live shows, sells in shop and in fb. Some for 50 bucks! 40 for mirrorball boot and people fighting to get it? It sickens me, but covid almost shut them down and I guess if I asked him about it, it would be a nature of the business thing? I would have less of a problem if they stressed 'unofficial' when selling.  Some people would still buy them.   Almost grabbed a live at soldier field boot years ago, but that was just the beginning.  
    Makes buying official records more challenging. Too much work. It's only rock and roll!!!!
    I saw Mirrorball in my local record store last week. I said to my friend who worked there that it had to be a bootleg. After we examined it for a few minutes he agreed. I did not buy it.