Options

What Bluetooth-speaker do you use?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    I've been rolling with this one the past couple years.  Great battery life and sounds pretty good to me.  Have an old JBL one that I use when doing stuff in the garage.  Not worth it to me to get a super expensive one with my kids spilling shit all over the place...

https://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-SoundWorks-WaterProof-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/B07NDPGH55/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1XNM3HMWWE0Q8&dchild=1&keywords=oontz+angle+3&qid=1621884256&sprefix=oontz,aps,201&sr=8-5

We got the angle 3 pro....a little more expensive but if you buy two they pay in stereo
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Bose Soundlink Color. Have it in my treadmill room. Loud, plenty bass, fills the room (about 12'x15'). Also durable, dropped mine from about five feet. Nothing happened. It's also Cheap-ish. Marshall would be my first choice by a mile, but you don't want that.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    For my small apartment and kitchen... maybe I don't really need that big of a piece... 

My friend said "just get a small one for 40 bucks, it works for our kitchen"

Hmm
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Depends how loud you want to play it.
    I have a small Echo in our kitchen.  We use it for timers, weather, definitions, alarms, trivia, and background music.  (And of course, for informing Amazon of everything we say and also sharing with the govt)
    The sound is really weak but my wife shits if I blast music anyway, something about having a headache all of the time.  Lol.  She doesn't appreciate System of a Down or Iron Maiden.
     ( Loud metal music is for my headphones, around the pool, or if I  not around my wife. )

If you don't want to blast it, there are a shitton of devices that likely work great for you.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    Do you think I should play her some At The Gates?
    Maybe she would like that better than SoaD or Maiden?
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I think I will buy this one. The fabric covering it makes it look very welcoming... hehe

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Are you stuck with mono sound (unless pairing two?) with these kind of speaker solutions. Or are there options with stereo..?
  • Options

Ended up buying this one (Urbanears Rålis).

But there is just too much bass... might return it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Bose sound link has been great for me and the battery still charges after 5+ years.  Sound is great and easy to move from room to room.
    https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_speakers/soundlink-color-bluetooth-speaker-ii.html#v=soundlink_color_ii_black

I also had this Klipsch one, which was great while it lasted, but now I cannot find a replacement battery so is it a lump of junk after about 4 years.
    https://www.klipsch.com/products/kmc-1-wireless-music-system

If you really want to go small and portable, then I love my JBL Clip.  Won it at a conference raffle and it has proven to be a real workhouse.
    https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+CLIP+3.html

I have Sonos in my office and the sound is great, but it was like $600. Just try to listen to it before you buy (thank you captain obvious).
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    what is blue tooth?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Get_Right said:
    Bose sound link has been great for me and the battery still charges after 5+ years.  Sound is great and easy to move from room to room.
    https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_speakers/soundlink-color-bluetooth-speaker-ii.html#v=soundlink_color_ii_black

I also had this Klipsch one, which was great while it lasted, but now I cannot find a replacement battery so is it a lump of junk after about 4 years.

If you really want to go small and portable, then I love my JBL Clip.  Won it at a conference raffle and it has proven to be a real workhouse.

I have Sonos in my office and the sound is great, but it was like $600. Just try to listen to it before you buy (thank you captain obvious).

JBL Clip is awesome for golfing.  Just clip it right to the bag and it has a great battery life.  
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:

JBL Clip is awesome for golfing.  Just clip it right to the bag and it has a great battery life.  
    I clip it to my PJ black hole backpack, the beach umbrella, the patio umbrella, the shower caddy, the dresser, my desk, etc.  It is great and agree it never seems to run out of battery.
  • Options

Ended up buying this one (Urbanears Rålis).

But there is just too much bass... might return it.
    I returned it and got this one instead. Cost me $68. Fills up my small apartment.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    Looking to purchase one. Asked a few "tech" friends on their opinions. Couple said the brand "Anker" is good. Anyone have them or used this brand before? Looking for a medium sized one. One friend has a JBL speaker but not too happy with it. Others have W-King? Never heard of them but people use them at work.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JBL is great if you go higher end (Charge 4). The smaller ones (Go 3) are a bit treble-y. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    I got an ION Patherfinder 320 at Costco last year....great speaker

https://www.ionaudio.com/pathfinder-320
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 36
    I use a Bose Soundlink Mini. Bought it probably 10 years ago for around $250. Still sounds amazing. My son is constantly asking to borrow it. People at work can't believe something so small sounds so great. I love it, if it ever dies I'll be buying another one the next day.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I'm happy with the sony above that I bought,  but three gripes

1) I don't find the battery life to be all that good, and I can't stand the BATTERY LEVEL LOW PLEASE CHARGE female voice that suddenly startles you when you are listening to some smooth jazz

2) I have woken up several times in the middle of the night caused by that female voice blasting out BATTERY LEVEL LOW PLEASE CHARGE, due to having forgotten to turn the speaker off. Which is a shit feature

3) The USB-cord for charging was laughable short. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    Looking to purchase one. Asked a few "tech" friends on their opinions. Couple said the brand "Anker" is good. Anyone have them or used this brand before? Looking for a medium sized one. One friend has a JBL speaker but not too happy with it. Others have W-King? Never heard of them but people use them at work.

Went with this one for like $27 on Amazon. Don't really need something too big right now so this is a nice size. Pretty much fits in your hand and is like 8" long.

Upgraded, Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker with IPX5 Waterproof, Stereo Sound, 24H Playtime, Portable Wireless Speaker

Upgraded Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker with IPX5 Waterproof Stereo Sound 24H Playtime Portable Wireless Speaker for iPhone Samsung and More

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly