Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

What was the first Seattle band you saw in concert at a Seattle venue?

PapPap Aspra Spitia, GreecePosts: 24,189
edited April 8 in Other Music
Happy Seattle Rock Day! :rock_on:

Ooh, yeah! All right!
Were [Pearl] jammin
I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,830
    I saw the Murder City Devils at a club when I visited a friend of mine in Seattle in the late 1990s.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,564
    First Seattle band I saw in Seattle was PJ in December 2013

First ever show in Seattle was Ministry/L7 in 1999 at the Paramount.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 26,278
    I saw The Beatniks in 1995.  They were a local cover band that had a good following.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,008
    Pearl Jam at the Mercer arena 1993.  I've been hooked ever since
  • ZodZod Posts: 7,497
    If we count the Gorge as Seattle (which I do, because George, WA has like 200 people, so obviously it's main draw is from people in Seattle).

I think it was Lolla '96.   RATM, Ramones, Devo, Metallica, Soundgarden - So I guess Soundgarden would be the first.

If we don't count the Gorge, then it's Pearl Jam's 2nd show at Memorial Stadium in '98.

I'm missing Seattle shows a lot.  Given that I live in Vancouver Island, I travel to either Vancouver or Seattle for bigger shows.   I much prefer Seattle.    The last show I saw in Seattle was the Stones in 2019 (which is also my last stadium/arena sized concert) :(
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 3,137
    edited April 10
    Zod said:
    If we count the Gorge as Seattle (which I do, because George, WA has like 200 people, so obviously it's main draw is from people in Seattle).

I think it was Lolla '96.   RATM, Ramones, Devo, Metallica, Soundgarden - So I guess Soundgarden would be the first.

If we don't count the Gorge, then it's Pearl Jam's 2nd show at Memorial Stadium in '98.

I'm missing Seattle shows a lot.  Given that I live in Vancouver Island, I travel to either Vancouver or Seattle for bigger shows.   I much prefer Seattle.    The last show I saw in Seattle was the Stones in 2019 (which is also my last stadium/arena sized concert) :(
    I would be in the camp that doesn’t count George, WA as Seattle. If it is you may as well count Calgary as Edmonton or vice versa. It’s over two hours away. Not exactly a suburb lol. 

For reference. My house to downtown Edmonchuck:

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • ZodZod Posts: 7,497
    Zod said:

I would be in the camp that doesn’t count George, WA as Seattle. If it is you may as well count Calgary as Edmonton or vice versa. It’s over two hours away. Not exactly a suburb lol. 

Yah, but it's a Seattle venue. There's like 200 people that live in George, WA.  The concerts are obviously not for them.   Seattle is the only major population centre anywhere near it.

Calgary and Edmonton are different.  There big enough to host their own shows.  George, WA isn't and hosts shows for Seattle, ergo a Seattle venue :)
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,557
    Zod said:

Get your records out I'm comming over!!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 3,137
    In all fairness, Tacoma and Everett are as close as Seattle.  Spokane is about 15 minutes closer. Coeur D’ Alene is only 15 minutes farther than Spokane. Wenatchee is 45 minutes away. 

The Gorge is actually a regional event venue. People meet in the middle. 

PJ has played in Spokane and George is actually closer to Spokane than Seattle. Therefore, Seattle is not the only major population centre near it and your argument falls apart there. I’ve never heard anyone say they saw a band at “the Gorge in Seattle”.