Options

Cool looking bridges

Do you know of any cool bridges? Other than The Golden Gate bridge. Maybe you have one where you live?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Yup. We have a single leaf rolling bascule bridge built in 2018 that is pretty cool. The lift mechanism is amazingly quiet, for such a massive structure. 

Here it is lit up at night.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,902
    Yup. We have a single leaf rolling bascule bridge built in 2018 that is pretty cool. The lift mechanism is amazingly quiet, for such a massive structure. 

Wow that’s amazing!!! That’s in Vancouver?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    edited March 2021
    mcgruff10 said:

Wow that’s amazing!!! That’s in Vancouver?

Victoria. 

The pictures don't show the mechanism by which it lifts, but it's really cool. It's like a big wheel that silently rotates, with a massive counterweight.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'll try to remember to stop by later with a picture or two of my favorite bridge, the New River Gorge Bridge.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'll try to remember to stop by later with a picture or two of my favorite bridge, the New River Gorge Bridge.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    I will  take a picture  of our underwhelming bridge in my village. Called the seven arches
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240

Looks like a space ship ready to launch in the up position.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053

Nice design.  We have a dumb one here in the Bronx that rotates to let ships past.  It has had a few problems over the years.  Draw bridges in NY seem to suck too, lol.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I dig the Jeff one. 
  • Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440

Hamburg has the most bridges in Europe. Lots of them are nice but nothing truly spectacular 
  • Options
    I think this thread could be cool. I'm liking the so called underrated ones . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834

Wow. I love this one. Cool pictures. Does the water ever flood through all seven?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Wow. I love this one. Cool pictures. Does the water ever flood through all seven?
    Yes in autumn  and winter this last year. Floods all over this area. But summer it all but dries up. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    hedonist said:
    I dig the Jeff one. 
    Just got that...