Options

Malfunkshun - The Andrew Wood Story re-mastered in 4K + Man Of Golden Words book .. on sale now

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
edited April 19 in The Porch

Andrew Wood, we have not forgotten you.
The Movie is currently being completely re-mastered in 4K resolution in order to re-release with new material.
The book is in final stages, due out this fall with the film.
A book of lyrics is being compiled for release.
The website is ready to go up in a couple of weeks, will have TONS of material on the Interactive Timeline, which will be updated as it goes.
Thank you all for the patience and the support of Andy, he deserves it. The hope is that these tributes will allow many more to discover his amazingly bright spirit and the beautiful music he created.
LoveRock awaits !!!

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options

• Options
    ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    I was just watching this on YouTube the other day. It’ll be nice to see a cleaned up version with extra stuff.
    ✌🏼❤️
  • Options
    ymalkiel said:
    I was just watching this on YouTube the other day. It’ll be nice to see a cleaned up version with extra stuff.

Indeed. Would love this film on Blu-Ray.
  • Options
    Exciting Update!!! The book of Andrew Wood's Lyrics is Completed!!! The Biography is closer than ever!!! And the Movie is being completely Re-Mastered in 4k with all new VFX, and added scenes !!! Here's a look at an example of the HD version that was originally released, and the new 4k re-mastered version!!!

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Hope all is good releasing the book this Fall.
  • Options
    Dr DapsoyDr Dapsoy Posts: 70
    I actually just discovered Malfunkshun a few days ago.  I found a used CD of Return To Olympus at my local shop.  Andy was such a unique talent, and -unbeknownced to me -  also a fine bass player.  I really like it a lot, although the over-the-top out-of-tune metal shredding is gonna take some getting used to. 
    1996: Randall's Island 1
    1998: MSG 1
    2000: Jones Beach 1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG 1
    2006: Camden
    2013: Brooklyn 2
    2016: Boston 1
  • Options
  • Options

Joostone said:
    On Andy Wood's birthday a new website celebrating his life and short career was released.

Scott Harbour who previously made the 'Malfunkshun' movie also wrote a book to go alongside it.

https://www.manofgoldenwords.com/

The website is live now. The book will be available from March. And the movie is remastered in HD and will stream soon.

It also has an extensive webshop. Since this website was made with help from the Wood family I guess they will benefit from the sales too.
    So order your beanies, stickers, posters and hoodies now 8-

• Options

333 pages of Andrew Wood's Lyrics, Liner Notes, Drawings, Cassettes and Flyers currated in a graphic style like his own. This is the PREMUIM Limited Edition of the Book, which will be signed and numbered by Scot Barbour. This edition is only available on this website. The STANDARD edition can be ordered on Amazon.

• Options

Okay LoveRockers, the website is UP!!! Go check it out, there's a ton to explore. The Lyrics book is up there as a limited edition of 333 signed copies for order. The standard edition will be on Amazon in a couple days for lower cost. The Biography will go up as well in the same manner, with those on the original sign-on getting signed copies. There's an incredibly detailed timeline that was created and used for both the Documentary and the Biography that will go live with the book. The movie is out to streaming partners now. Will let you know where it gets picked up and you can watch it.
    Fingers crossed that it's all funktioning alright.
    Gotta tell ya, between having that ole day job, and writing and re-writing, and then editing and re-editing a book, and re-mastering and re-doing vfx for a movie, and putting together a graphic novel of lyrics, and building a website and store... whew! Hope we got it all right ! Love you Landrew.
    Love you Toni Wood, Kevin Wood, and Brian Wood.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!!!

• Options

• Options

Happy Birthday Andrew Wood !!!
    Web page is complete and soon to launch! Stay tuned!
    LOTS of pictures, videos, un-released music and more!
    The Documentary remaster in 4k is completed and soon to be streaming!
    The Lyrics Book is completed and soon to be in print!
    The Biography is just about finished after many painstaking rounds of editing and will arrive by March!
    We hope you all truly enjoy what we've done to help keep Landrew's story alive! Everything we've got, we've given, and it's heading your way soon! Your continued faith, support, and love of Andrew Wood is what has kept us going for so long.
    Long live the LoveChild, and again, Happy Birthday Andy!!!

• Options

Greatly appreciate the patience everyone, truly. Working on the kinks a bit still on the website. Going to put responses here rather than inline.
    Store is reached by the top header or by clicking on the image of the Lyrics book from the landing page.
    -Will look into the videos not playing right.
    -If you see a prompt for a password at the store or any other page, it means it’s locked so we can make some changes to fix things and should be unlocked again shortly.
    -The Premium Lyrics Book on the site is different printing. Amazon prints are good, but this version is thicker and higher quality paper, binding and ink. It’s limited to 333 copies that we order special to arrive so they can be signed and numbered. The signed page and graphic on it are only in this version.
    - Will do a similar limited print for the biography when it is ready to go.

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    Is the website and all from Scot Barbour? Is he just a biographer or is there a connection to Andy?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Is the website and all from Scot Barbour? Is he just a biographer or is there a connection to Andy?

I believe so.

• Options
    Bump!
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 754
    Ordered the hoodie last sunday, got it just a few minutes ago :). Thats the way we like to see it. Latvia to The Netherlands in less than 4 days
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Ordered the hoodie last sunday, got it just a few minutes ago :). Thats the way we like to see it. Latvia to The Netherlands in less than 4 days

4 .. day's?!? :o
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    Got my book today from Amazon. Pretty cool book!
  • Options
    ^ Nice! Can't wait to receive my copy. 
  • Options
    Bump!