Options

Eddie Vedder to appear on Leslie Jordan's album

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023

• Options

The one and only Leslie Jordan catches up with Kyle Meredith to talk about his new album, Company’s Comin’ and tells us about enlisting famous friends Dolly Parton, Eddie Vedder, Brandi Carlile, and more to act as his duet partners on a set of Baptist hymns. The TV legend also discusses his work in the sitcom Call Me Kat, last year’s sudden viral fame through his Instagram posts, and the campaigns to get him on SNL. And that’s not all. Jordan is also part of the new movie The United States VS Billie Holiday, has a new radio show called Hunker Down on Apple Music, and a new book on the way called How Y’all Doin, which recounts some of his favorite dinner party stories.

• Options
    Vinyl UPC 643157449881
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3857715684304020

I want to share with y’all one of the auction items being made to help raise money for EB Research Partnership. We commissioned an amazing artist to make us 2 mirrors specifically for the auction.  Listen carefully and you will hear the song Farther Along with Chris and Morgane Stapleton off my new album. Company’s Comin’.  

The bid on the mirror, please go to:

Love. Light. Leslie
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Just ordered the vinyl. I checked out a version of Eddies track (In All Things) on you tube. That will be a song we all need to hear!

Andrew
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    edited March 2021
    Drdeal said:
    Just ordered the vinyl. I checked out a version of Eddies track (In All Things) on you tube. That will be a song we all need to hear!

Andrew
    He sings on the one who hideth me
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    My Bad.  Still looking forward to this album.
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/100044212400293/posts/303270231156721/

If you’re old like me and you don’t stream (your music), then pre-order your copy now.

• Options
    Bump!
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Leslie Jordan ft. Eddie Vedder - "The One Who Hideth Me" (Official Audio) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilabP4M44V8

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    ^ Great song! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Wonder if they will bring the price down on this. 

https://one.bidpal.net/companyscomin/browse/featured(details:item/3)

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,860
    Pap said:
    ^ Great song! :plus_one:
    +1 
  • Options

Eddie Vedder on Leslie Jordan’s Company’s Comin’

Comedian, actor, and EBRP supporter Leslie Jordan just released his new album Company’s Comin’ on April 2nd. This reimagined Southern Gospel style record includes Eddie Vedder on the track The One Who Hideth Me as well as songs with Brandi Carlile, Dolly Parton, and many more. 

Leslie Jordan has also teamed up with Eddie Vedder to auction exclusive signed merchandise from his new Company's Comin' album to benefit EB research.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Beloved comedian, actor, and social media sensation Leslie Jordan has partnered with prolific musician, instrumentalist, and singer-songwriter Eddie Vedder to directly benefit EB Research Partnership and individuals affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).

A “Farther Along” themed, handmade mirror signed by Jordan and a vinyl signed by Jordan and Vedder from the Company’s Comin’ album are available for auction. You can set your bid by clicking here.

Company’s Comin’, which will be available on April 2nd and released via Platoon. A behind the scenes look at how the mirrors were made can be found by clicking here.

After meeting Eddie and Jill Vedder a few years prior and becoming fast friends, Jordan enlisted Vedder to lend his vocals and instrumentals to “The One Who Hideth Me” track on the album. Co-founders of EB Research Partnership, the Vedders have led the foundation to fund over 80 projects that have directly impacted the clinical landscape, with clinical trials for EB increasing by 15 times – including four Phase III clinical trials, the final phase before the FDA considers approval for a new therapy.

“I have watched the extraordinary work Eddie and Jill have done for children affected by EB. I believe the secret to happiness is helping others,” said Jordan. “I once read a quote that said if you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody. I take enough naps, it’s time for me to help others. Working with Ed on my album reminded me of the wonderful moments I’ve spent with children whose lives have been bettered by Ed and Jill’s philanthropy. Those moments in turn reminded me of how much work still needs to be done.”

“When you have an urgent mission to cure a devastating rare disease affecting children from birth, the support of Leslie, Eddie, and Jill to share their platform means the world to our community,” said Michael Hund, CEO of the EB Research Partnership. “Curing EB is not an if, it is only a when, and their leadership puts speed into accomplishing that goal.”

EB is a life-threatening genetic disorder that affects approximately 500,000 people worldwide. Called “Butterfly Children” because their skin is as fragile as a butterfly’s wing, children with EB face severe pain, open external and internal wounds, and a grueling daily bandaging process. There is currently no cure for EB, however the EB Research Partnership is helping to fast track not only a cure, but therapies that could affect thousands of other rare diseases.

Learn more about the EB Research Partnership at www.ebresearch.org

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    CD & vinyl shipped out from https://companyscomin.myshopify.com/
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,499
    Really like this song 
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    I thought the whole album was nice. It was not what I expected, as I only know Leslie Jordan from the IG videos my girlfriend sends me, which are usually silly (in the best sense of that word).
  • Options
     :)