Unhappy Anniversary To Everyone

Well it has been 1 year since my teenage daughter and I were preparing for our first GA experience and waiting with anticipation to be among the first to hear new Pearl Jam music live at the 2020 Tour kick off in Toronto on March 19th, 2020.  Hotel was booked plans were made for other March Break activities in Toronto, with her Brother and Mother, for before and after the show.  Then the morning of March 10th hit and we woke up to an email from 10 club in our inbox - Tour Cancelled!  My daughter took it hard, I was kind of expecting it and was able to turn it into a teachable moment for her about how in the scheme of things, as upsetting as it was, it was a minor first world problem and that I would keep our tickets and brighter days would be ahead.  I am employed with a local hospital in Ontario and had worked through SARS which was expected to be a big terrible event, and had taken the lives of nurses and patients in Toronto, but was quickly contained and stamped out.   So when this came along and did not seem to be as bad, at first, as SARS was I thought no problem they'll get it under control quickly just like they did SARS.  Boy was I wrong.

So now on this Unhappy 1 Year Anniversary many things cross my mind.  First and foremost I feel a great deal of sadness for all those who have lost love ones or can not be with them through trying times in their lives, at hospitals and old age homes, due to lockdowns and safety measures that have been put in place.  As a hospital employee myself as well as being a son of a patient, (my Dad is currently battling cancer), and sometime patient myself I see all sides of this pandemic and none of them are easy.  I hope and wish for all our small and independent businesses, (record stores and restaurants especially), to hopefully survive this as we so enjoy what they offer us on a daily basis.  I think about all the talent my daughter and I have enjoyed over the years from concerts to movie going to live theatre and the people both out front and behind the scenes who make this happen.  It really hits home as my daughter has chosen the arts for her career path.  I think about how long it will be before we can get together again and enjoy the special talents these people have and use to create such special moments in our lives - my guess is 2022 earliest.

And last but not least.......I wonder how long it will be until the cancelled tour gets rescheduled so that we can get back together again and ROCK the F--K OUT! to all that great new Pearl Jam music.  Of one thing I am sure...IT WILL HAPPEN....and when it does I know the boys are going to absolutely bring it and it is going to be something special.  So to ED, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Boom, all your behind the scenes employees, and all my fellow fans - Hope to see you all soon.

Unhappy Anniversary everyone.

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    edited March 2021
    To you as well my friend. 
    Thank you so much for all that you're doing for us and for the hard work every day for our safety and risking your lives for us. We are so lucky to have such amazing doctors and all hospital workers. You are the real heros.
    Post edited by RS65573 on
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,898
    Remember when the March Break used to be in March? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023