Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    No !! Impossible!! He’s not Trump!! 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    nicknyr15 said:
    He definitely raised the bar on what politicians can get away with. Franken should demand his seat back under the 'Trump clause'.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    Lol. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    So the person he groped is not named and the story was told to someone familiar with the incident.

He says she says.  Here say.

Cuomo is an older single man that flirts with younger girls whom don't want the attention.  Just my take.

No repeat offences though?  That is why it sounds like a man flirting to me.

• Options
    So the person he groped is not named and the story was told to someone familiar with the incident.

Cuomo is an older single man that flirts with younger girls whom don't want the attention.  Just my take.

So putting your hand up a ladies dress/skirt is now flirting...hmmmm.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Read my first sentence.

Give me real facts.  Not here say.
  • Options

The claims made by a former aide in the newspaper's report would be the most serious allegations made yet by any of the six women who have come forward;  

The most recent claims have not been independently verified by NBC New York 

• Options
    And even if he is just flirting...it is never ok for a person to flirt in order to get sex from an employee...

he is just another scum bag corrupt politician...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Even if this most recent allegation were to prove to be untrue, there's far too much info already that says he is more than just a flirty single old man. And as Meltdown stated, doing it in the workplace (where he's the one with all the power) is 100% wrong.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Even if this most recent allegation were to prove to be untrue, there's far too much info already that says he is more than just a flirty single old man. And as Meltdown stated, doing it in the workplace (where he's the one with all the power) is 100% wrong.
    I've done the sexual harassments classes but it's been a while.  Any flirting at work falls under this, I get it but  I don't see him as being a creep.  He set out a flag and stopped.

The latest one if sticks is/should sink him.

We discussed this somewhere else and there were quite a few people that see his actions as a flirt.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008

Read my first sentence.

Give me real facts.  Not here say.
    I agree, that the named sources sounds like old man flirting. But what makes it worse is his position. A principal shouldn’t be flirting with teachers 30 years younger. A governor doing that would even be worse. Now does that mean she should resign? Maybe not. But I’m okay with people calling him old man creepers.
    I’m okay with him be outed for his nursing home scandal. At least give back your Emmy!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Each accusation gets worse....almost by design

Not saying it didn't happen but it seems very odd. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    A person in power making comments to any of those ladies that work for him basically is committing sexual harassment. 

It’s not ok, it’s not ok to start and stop once then rebuked. You should never start.

How many of you have made comments to a younger co-worker having sex with older men? I’m betting none, because it’s creepy and if you are in power it’s worse than creepy.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    If this allegations are true, it's a terrible thing he did.  If the allegations are false, it's a terrible thing for everyone.  The problem is, there is very little information in the media that can be trusted anymore.  I only believe a small percentage of what I read, and even then I am skeptical.  But skepticism is not de regueur these days.  It is more fashionable to read something in the tabloids or on Facebook and quickly knee jerk. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited March 2021
    Where there is this much smoke there is likely fire.

Creep.

If only he was caught on video talking about how he likes to grab them by the p0887 or something.

Oh yeah, it wouldn't make a difference with the idiot voters these days.  Still electable.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Kavanaugh accusations sticks out big time. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

How far back you want to go?

Kamala?
    Biden?
    Weiner?
    Justice C Thomas?
    Clinton?

The fact they have a slush fund of taxpayers money for sexual lawsuits tells you everything.  Bunch of fucking scum these politicians. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    This may very well be POOTWH's ace in the hole. Seems odd the allegations are only coming out now, while POOTWH is under intense scrutiny and likely facing charges in NY State.  A repub gubner could pardon him. That said, Andrew is an old, lonely, creepy guy and if the investigation or a civil suit determines the charges are credible, he should resign and face whatever consequences there may be. Timing is everything. Of which there should be some reform, for the accused and the accuser, but I don't profess to know what that solution would look like. I have ideas but its a complicated, multi-faceted and difficult issue.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As a woman (the only one posting here this far?), I understand honestly innocent flirting. What I don’t get crossing is the line, actually touching someone.

Anyone trying that crap with me, as an adult, would be called out and then some. Don’t care if it’d been my boss or some other high suit. That shit doesn’t fly; it shouldn’t even have wings.

I agree with the smoke probably pointing to flames, as well as the utter hypocrisy of our politicians. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    As a woman (the only one posting here this far?), I understand honestly innocent flirting. What I don’t get crossing is the line, actually touching someone.

Anyone trying that crap with me, as an adult, would be called out and then some. Don’t care if it’d been my boss or some other high suit. That shit doesn’t fly; it shouldn’t even have wings.

I agree with the smoke probably pointing to flames, as well as the utter hypocrisy of our politicians. 
    Yeah I agree....touching someone is way out there.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    nicknyr15 said:
    "He's not Trump" isn't the reason he could not have done it. It's the reason he's probably not going to survive it with essentially no support lost.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Repubs are supporting tRump running again in 2024 despite all of the allegations against him and despite what a horrible job he did.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Repubs are supporting tRump running again in 2024 despite all of the allegations against him and despite what a horrible job he did.
    Yup.  Anyone calling Cuomo out and supporting trump is a hypocrite.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Kavanaugh accusations sticks out big time. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

How far back you want to go?

Kamala?
    Biden?
    Weiner?
    Justice C Thomas?
    Clinton?

The fact they have a slush fund of taxpayers money for sexual lawsuits tells you everything.  Bunch of fucking scum these politicians. 
    And yet Kavanaugh and Trump suffered no repercussions. Cuomo was already elected, but he definitely won't be going any further with his career. He's a creep. Seems to be a trend among middle aged men in a POA.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    i think cuomo needs to step down. 

that said, we cannot have one party adhering to a certain standard and doing what is right while the other one does the opposite. 

i believe that allegations against cuomo are going to continue to come out until the heat gets too hot. his political career is basically over now.

but any trumpers coming out and demanding resignation when trump has 20+ allegations can go jump in a lake.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    edited March 2021
    Yep pretty much he has to go! And I agree with you Gimmie, 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    edited March 2021
    If Cuomo actually did what he has been accused of here, I say give him the boot.  But where here is the proof?  All I hear is you guys saying he did it.  Yes, I could go hunt down the evidence myself, but I'm not going to because you guys made the accusation, not me, and there has been no verifiable evidence presented here.  I'm going to be stubborn on this (and you know me, I am rarely stubborn) and not cut you any slack.  If you make an accusation, show the proof.  Otherwise, it's just gossip, and you people are/can be better than that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    That sounds horribly unfair to the women involved.

Proof or nobody believes you.

Sort of supports the type of environment that powerful men can act like predators in and have for years.  

Why would a woman ever come forward if she doesn't have an assault recorded?

Throw out the anonymous claim and you still have women sharing stories of him being a creeper and sexually harassing some of them.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-andrew-cuomo-6e3c286c9ccfde352fc7b15ae7be9f70

Reserving judgement is fine and can make sense....but demanding proof in cases like these is odd, to me.

Telling me I can be better than that is also pretty darn odd.  I believe that women have been held down with this thinking.

I choose to believe the stories of the victims and not the powerful, lying, politician.

Same as I believed those standing against Kevin Spacey.  Kobe Bryant.  Donald Trump.  Celebrity and power does not mean people can get away with it.  In the case of Cuomo he is a known liar.  (Fact)  So, should people just accept that when he says these women misinterpreted his creepiness that Cuomo is now an honest man?

Not this guy.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    That sounds horribly unfair to the women involved.

Proof or nobody believes you.

Sort of supports the type of environment that powerful men can act like predators in and have for years.  

Why would a woman ever come forward if she doesn't have an assault recorded?

Throw out the anonymous claim and you still have women sharing stories of him being a creeper and sexually harassing some of them.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-andrew-cuomo-6e3c286c9ccfde352fc7b15ae7be9f70

Reserving judgement is fine and can make sense....but demanding proof in cases like these is odd, to me.

Telling me I can be better than that is also pretty darn odd.  I believe that women have been held down with this thinking.

I choose to believe the stories of the victims and not the powerful, lying, politician.

Same as I believed those standing against Kevin Spacey.  Kobe Bryant.  Donald Trump.  Celebrity and power does not mean people can get away with it.  In the case of Cuomo he is a known liar.  (Fact)  So, should people just accept that when he says these women misinterpreted his creepiness that Cuomo is now an honest man?

Not this guy.

If this is the standard then Joe Biden needs to step down from President because he's a creep that hugs a little too long or sniffs womens hair.

What's good for one is good for all right?

Edit: he had accusers too.
  • Options
    Does not compare.  

• Options
    Does not compare.  

Of course it doesn't...