Options

Q&A with Eric Johnson (PJ's orig. Tour Manager)

2»

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited March 2021
    I had to deal with something and only got 2/3 of the way through so far but going to finish it now.  So far I'm totally blown away though!  And thanks so much, you got a few of my points in there and *I* started to tear up when *he* got emotional about the point about security. As much as it was always obvious that he cared, took it completely seriously, and worked his ass off to make sure things were as secure as possible, it never occurred to me just how deeply he cared. Thanks for saying that to him, and it was so good to hear like about the fan in Poland and that he's had other people tell him along the way.  That was special.

Also, you've got an AWESOME radio voice @Firecloud !  I've never heard anything by you before but because you actually LISTEN to your interview subject when they talk (as opposed to interrupting ALL the time, which too many interviewers do and it makes me nuts), and you ask great questions (including ones I didn't suggest ;) ), I'll definitely be checking out more of your pods! Thanks for putting so much thought into it, so far it's been fascinating!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    JH6056 said:
    I had to deal with something and only got 2/3 of the way through so far but going to finish it now.  So far I'm totally blown away though!  And thanks so much, you got a few of my points in there and *I* started to tear up when *he* got emotional about the point about security. As much as it was always obvious that he cared, took it completely seriously, and worked his ass off to make sure things were as secure as possible, it never occurred to me just how deeply he cared. Thanks for saying that to him, and it was so good to hear like about the fan in Poland and that he's had other people tell him along the way.  That was special.

Also, you've got an AWESOME radio voice @Firecloud !  I've never heard anything by you before but because you actually LISTEN to your interview subject when they talk (as opposed to interrupting ALL the time, which too many interviewers do and it makes me nuts), and you ask great questions (including ones I didn't suggest ;) ), I'll definitely be checking out more of your pods! Thanks for putting so much thought into it, so far it's been fascinating!
    Well said and great job Firecloud! 
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited March 2021
    I finished it, what a fantastic and fascinating interview! Thank you!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    @Firecloud, you did a phenomenal job on this Pod. Fantastic interview and Eric’s stories were very entertaining. It seems like it was so long ago but so much has changed. Eric is truly a great individual and has a passion for anything he does! Great job!
    Hell yeah! Thanks very much for listening!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    Great job, @Firecloud! Perfect blend of professionalism and fandom, and very cool of you to reach out on the boards to get fellow fans' perspectives re: good questions. Loved Neil's humor about the refrigerator door :lol: Will definitely check out some of your other episodes.
  • Options
    im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
    Great interview! I met Eric at a bookstore in San Diego a few years ago. I rang him up and he was shocked I knew who he was haha! Seems like a solid dude.
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Great job, @Firecloud! Perfect blend of professionalism and fandom, and very cool of you to reach out on the boards to get fellow fans' perspectives re: good questions. Loved Neil's humor about the refrigerator door :lol: Will definitely check out some of your other episodes.
    Thanks flash! So happy with how it all turned out. The Hummer story was funny, and definitely a testament to Neil's dry wit. I'm a 30+ year PJ diehard, so there's a TON of Pearl Jam stuff on the AQ podcast. And honestly, to feed the new subscribers what they probably want, I'll probably do something PJ-centric in the next episode or two. 
  • Options
    Big thanks to everybody who listened and contributed! I want to go through and thank everyone individually but there would be about 20 Firecloud posts in a row, and nobody needs that. Made a couple new friends from this thread and the podcast, and for that I'm most grateful of all. That was so awesome.