Vinyl, LP, Album, SRC Pressing
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,345

• Options

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

The Allman Brothers Band ‎– The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East

Label:
    Capricorn Records ‎– SD 2-802
    Format:
    2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, RI - Philips Press
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Pink label Capricorn... the way to go
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!
    I don't love the 1/4, 2/3 for the sides.  That's kind of annoying,  but still the better version. 
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Alabama Blues Vinyl LP Album Reissue album cover

J.B. Lenoir ‎– Alabama Blues

Label:
    L+R Records ‎– LR 42.001
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,840
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!
    I don't love the 1/4, 2/3 for the sides.  That's kind of annoying,  but still the better version. 
    I have a few albums with that. I dislike it as well. I guess record stacking was a thing back then. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!
    I have a few albums with that. I dislike it as well. I guess record stacking was a thing back then. 

People are to protective of their records to do this nowadays. And probably not a lot of auto stacking spindles still operational.

Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!

People are to protective of their records to do this nowadays. And probably not a lot of auto stacking spindles still operational.

Being the connoisseur of records you are, I'm surprised to hear you say that.  But then, I don't honestly know how much stacking records on a spindle harms them.  I remember when I was a kid, we had a 45 RPM stacking spindle and I like that because my first records were almost all 7 inchers. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited April 2021
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!

Being the connoisseur of records you are, I'm surprised to hear you say that.  But then, I don't honestly know how much stacking records on a spindle harms them.  I remember when I was a kid, we had a 45 RPM stacking spindle and I like that because my first records were almost all 7 inchers. 

It prolly doesn't harm them, but I would have a problem just laying records together and watching them drop on each other on the platter... I would prolly shutter every time before they dropped.

Now as a kid, it was not problem, like you I did it a lot with 45s.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    brianlux said:

Loretta Lynn ‎– Coal Miner's Daughter

Label:
    MCA Records ‎– MCA 2342
    Format:
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

Such a great record.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885

Death (2) ‎– Live

Label:
    Relapse Records ‎– RR4098
    Format:
    Box Set, Compilation, Limited Edition
    2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Black inside Clear with Metallic Silver and Gold Splatter
    2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Black inside Clear with Metallic Silver and Gold Splatter
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Loretta Lynn ‎– Coal Miner's Daughter

Label:
    MCA Records ‎– MCA 2342
    Format:
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

Such a great record.

For sure, what a voice!

MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes Sir!

It prolly doesn't harm them, but I would have a problem just laying records together and watching them drop on each other on the platter... I would prolly shutter every time before they dropped.

Now as a kid, it was not problem, like you I did it a lot with 45s.

Haha, yeah, that would be my reaction!  Over the years, especially seeing to many title sky rocket in price or become hard to find in good shape, I treat my vinyl with utmost care.  My biggest concern is hoping that the people I have designated in my trust to inherit them will do the same.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,765
    edited April 2021

Ok...look at that cover for a hidden message. Any time I bring this up I get........crickets. You have to use your imagination a bit but it's there. You need to look at the cover. You can't see it in this picture.
  • Options

Oh man, nice!  The man made some bass ass music and was reputed to be a really good guy, heck of a good family man, and a generous man who paid his band members a decent salary.  Much respect for the Wolf! 

• Options
    Loujoe said:

Ok...look at that cover for a hidden message. Any time I bring this up I get........crickets. You have to use your imagination a bit but it's there. You need to look at the cover. You can't see it in this picture.
    Are you referring to the 666?