How many haven't tried to get a refund? Seat location improving?

know1know1 Posts: 6,794
I'm sure there's a thread about this somewhere, but how many people are still out there with Pearl Jam or Ticketmaster or whoever holding on to hundreds of dollars of their money for the US tour last year?
I'm still not willing to try for a refund, but I sometimes wonder how long it will really be.
Also, it would be nice to think that the reward for the interest free loan would be my ticket location improving with each person who gets a refund, but I wonder if it will still be based on seniority after it all shakes out again.
The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.

Comments

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Seats will be based on seniority.  Period.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,265
    I see no reason to redistribute seats again. If you have a ticket with a seat number, that’s your ticket. It won’t change.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    CopperTom said:
    Seats will be based on seniority.  Period.
    So when they have to do another lottery, you think the new people who get tickets (or those who gave theirs up and tried again) will get seats based on their seniority and those who hung in there will as well? 

mace1229 said:
    I see no reason to redistribute seats again. If you have a ticket with a seat number, that’s your ticket. It won’t change.
    So there will be new people who get tickets when they re-announce that will be getting better seats than those that have hung onto them all this time?

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    know1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    So there will be new people who get tickets when they re-announce that will be getting better seats than those that have hung onto them all this time?
    Probably. People will complain either way. If they reassign your seats, people will complain that they now have a perceived worse seat. And if they let you keep what you have, people will complain that new members got better seats than they have, after being members for 2+ years.
    edited February 2021
    know1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’m not sure there will be a new lottery. But if so, then yes. I don’t see them redistributing tickets. You didn’t get a refund you have a ticket and a seat. They aren’t going to switch everything around, why would they? Your ticket is an agreement, like a mini contract. They can’t just change seats and gives yours away just because someone was in 10c longer.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    There is no reason for a new lottery. The tickets that were refunded will go into the general sale and Fan to Fan once they open things back up and have new dates. The same thing happened for Europe last year which is a bit different since the reserved seats are far fewer than NA shows. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I have no idea how they’re going to handle tickets for the rescheduled shows, but I am confident that there will be plenty of people on this board who get pissed off about it. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    My existing tickets are awesome. They’ve always treated me well, especially for home town shows. Will hold on as long as it takes. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • So if 40% of fan club tickets were refunded and those tickets are now available who gets them? Other fan club members? General public?  I can’t see these shows happening for Atleast a year to 18 months. How are all these venues going to reschedule all of these events, concerts, sporting events etc? It’s gunna be a mess. 
    So if 40% of fan club tickets were refunded and those tickets are now available who gets them? Other fan club members? General public?  I can’t see these shows happening for Atleast a year to 18 months. How are all these venues going to reschedule all of these events, concerts, sporting events etc? It’s gunna be a mess. 
    Rescheduling has already started. They did it last fall and that obviously got pushed and I bet they are doing it right now with place holder dates in place for the fall/winter 2021/22. With fan club tickets being refunded they will just go back to the general sale pool. There will be a new date that fan to fan tickets open back up along with a general sale date and what ever tickets are available will pop up then. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    You guys honestly think they wont redraw and eliminate GA in the US? GA brings line ups, stacking of people, entry and exit issues and they make the same money. I think 0 chance.
    For the record, I'm not worried that I'd have a worse seat.
    But if they don't do a redistribution of fan club tickets, then there will be plenty of public sale tickets sold that are better than those of us who have hung onto our fan club seats.
    What I'm saying is they should move everybody who held onto their seats closer to fill in the gaps of those who didn't and then they should either do a new fan club lottery for the seats behind those or just sell them to the public if they don't want to do the lottery.
    And yes - the GA thing could cause a re-distribution anyway.

edited February 2021
    RS65573 said:
    You guys honestly think they wont redraw and eliminate GA in the US? GA brings line ups, stacking of people, entry and exit issues and they make the same money. I think 0 chance.
    I do not think so though that is just my opinion. If they can have shows again they can have all of the above that you are concerned about again safely too. Also plenty of 10C GA tickets have already been sold over and over again to the general population. If they were eliminating GA they would have to cancel all shows and refund everyone that has bought tickets (a huge mess with fan to fan) then start from scratch. If they intend to do that why would they hold our tickets right now? They would have cancelled months ago. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    To keep your money, then credit you back a ticket. Ticketmaster wont do the right thing, thats for sure.
    RS65573 said:
    To keep your money, then credit you back a ticket. Ticketmaster wont do the right thing, thats for sure.
    I hate TM just as much as the next guy and I have no insider knowledge but I am guessing it is Pearl Jam that is deciding to hold onto the shows and tickets as they are doing so right now. Plenty of people have cancelled tours already so it is not like Ticketmaster is forcing artists to hold all shows that were scheduled. I am happy they are holding out since I have great seats for all of my shows I just do not see Ticketmaster being the ones forcing Pearl Jam to go the route they are going. 

Unfortunately I think TM is calling the shots here. I have tickets for other TM shows at MSG for example, handled exactly the same. We'll see. But I got a refund and expect a redraw because GA is just being less safe for no reason.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    RS65573 said:

The pit's at the arena shows are fairly small (compared to the recent stadium ones) and not super dense.   I think it's laughable people think their "safe" in seats but not standing on the floor.  Your in close proximity to other people anyways.

It's moot though as I don't expect the band to play until it's safe to do so, in which cause it shouldn't really matter.

In answer to the OP's question I've got GA tickets to oakland so I'll hold onto them as long as I can and hope I can make the new dates.

I also don't expect 10c to do a reshuffle.  That's messy, extra work, and would probably get a lot of complains.   I assume any refunded tickets will go up for regular sale, or maybe be redrawn without re-allocating the already issued tickets, but that seems messy and ripe for complaints.
    Zod said:
    RS65573 said:

The pit's at the arena shows are fairly small (compared to the recent stadium ones) and not super dense.   I think it's laughable people think their "safe" in seats but not standing on the floor.  Your in close proximity to other people anyways.

It's moot though as I don't expect the band to play until it's safe to do so, in which cause it shouldn't really matter.

In answer to the OP's question I've got GA tickets to oakland so I'll hold onto them as long as I can and hope I can make the new dates.

I also don't expect 10c to do a reshuffle.  That's messy, extra work, and would probably get a lot of complains.   I assume any refunded tickets will go up for regular sale, or maybe be redrawn without re-allocating the already issued tickets, but that seems messy and ripe for complaints.
    Exactly. Are there first class seats I'm unaware of? Because I've always been bumping shoulder to shoulder with strangers even when I have seat. I have more room when I fly Frontier than at a sold out show with seats.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    All speculation at this point. I'd think there would be some portion of the refunded tickets made available to 10c instead of straight to public sale. As far as moving people up that held onto their tix, they probably won't because it's more complicated and some will complain that they liked the old tickets better, but it seems they could offer an "upgrade option" and you could say yes or no to the new seats before they resell the returns. TM is not calling the shots on cancelation, plenty of TM shows were canceled outright. 
  • RS65573 said:
    Unfortunately I think TM is calling the shots here. I have tickets for other TM shows at MSG for example, handled exactly the same. We'll see. But I got a refund and expect a redraw because GA is just being less safe for no reason.
    Eliminating GA is about as useless as Walmart deciding it was safer to cut out 24 hour locations and cut other normal business hours down at one point.. I mean how did offering less shopping time and forcing more people to go between shorter hours help anyone? Or drive through people having you put payment and receive food into a bucket where they are still coming into contact with whatever ya got anyways. There are a lot of good rules to keep people safe (stay home, where masks, etc), but a lot of equally stupid ones too. Some level of sanity has to be brought back. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    RS65573 said:
    Eliminating GA is about as useless as Walmart deciding it was safer to cut out 24 hour locations and cut other normal business hours down at one point.. I mean how did offering less shopping time and forcing more people to go between shorter hours help anyone? Or drive through people having you put payment and receive food into a bucket where they are still coming into contact with whatever ya got anyways. There are a lot of good rules to keep people safe (stay home, where masks, etc), but a lot of equally stupid ones too. Some level of sanity has to be brought back. 
    people would be well advised to seek out some real science about all this at this point.  The last year has been rife with hot takes and fear based reaction, all with good reason, but for fuck sake, when the veil is lifted and events can happen again the idea that a bunch of people sitting shoulder to shoulder is somehow safer than GA is just ludicrus and completely devoid of any credible science.  

there have been so many bad stories about what does and does not constitute a "super-spreader" event.   Right now in door gatherings of any kind for a sustained period without a mask is crazy whether you sit on someones head or six feet away, unless you have been vaccinated. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

You all really don't think there will be a ton of complaints from people who held onto their fan club tickets this whole time that they are now selling public seats better than theirs (seats that other fan club members with higher seniority gave up on)?

SHZA said:
    All speculation at this point. I'd think there would be some portion of the refunded tickets made available to 10c instead of straight to public sale. As far as moving people up that held onto their tix, they probably won't because it's more complicated and some will complain that they liked the old tickets better, but it seems they could offer an "upgrade option" and you could say yes or no to the new seats before they resell the returns. TM is not calling the shots on cancelation, plenty of TM shows were canceled outright. 
    I like this. At least give us an option to take advantage of abandoned fan club seats if we want to before selling them the public who hasn't been in the fan club or hasn't given a donation of hundreds of dollars for ticketmaster to keep as a 0% loan all this time. 

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited February 2021
    RS65573 said:
    Walmart cut out 24-hour locations so they could sanitize overnight. Very few people actually go shopping at 3 am anyway, they limit the number of shoppers during the day, and more people are using curbside/delivery so cutting 24-hour access didn't actually force more people into the store during regular hours 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    I like this. At least give us an option to take advantage of abandoned fan club seats if we want to before selling them the public who hasn't been in the fan club or hasn't given a donation of hundreds of dollars for ticketmaster to keep as a 0% loan all this time. 
    How I would handle it, based on the technology and process TM currently uses for other events, is to post the refunded seats to the fan to fan page, and give 10 Club members an exclusive passcode, with time blocks based on seniority, to look to exchange their tickets. After all the Club members get a shot, then the sale is open to general public. 

This is how my Buccaneers season tickets were done every season, when they allowed us to upgrade our seats. I had a window to exchange, and I could do it or not. If I changed my seats, my old ones were then added to the pool.
    hihobibo said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    How I would handle it, based on the technology and process TM currently uses for other events, is to post the refunded seats to the fan to fan page, and give 10 Club members an exclusive passcode, with time blocks based on seniority, to look to exchange their tickets. After all the Club members get a shot, then the sale is open to general public. 

This is how my Buccaneers season tickets were done every season, when they allowed us to upgrade our seats. I had a window to exchange, and I could do it or not. If I changed my seats, my old ones were then added to the pool.
    But I think in this case the preference should be given to those who have held onto seats for so long. It can be done by seniority first, but it needs to be seniority within those that already had tickets. Others who didn't even have tickets shouldn't get a chance for better ones than those that have.

know1 said:
    You all really don't think there will be a ton of complaints from people who held onto their fan club tickets this whole time that they are now selling public seats better than theirs (seats that other fan club members with higher seniority gave up on)?
    There will be a mountain of complaints no matter what, from what you said all the way to "What?! The rescheduled date is a Tuesday and not a Friday anymore! If I had known that I wouldn't have held onto my ticket! 10C sucks!"
    So what people will or won't complain about is irrelevant. What makes sense is. What does not make sense is to cancel all tickets and reissue them from scratch. What does make since is tell people if you like your ticket, keep it. If you don't like your ticket, get a refund. They can decide on their own if they want to risk a better seat or not in the public sale. 
  • I like this whole discussion! Everyone brings up some good stuff. I agree that there should be a reward for those that held onto their tickets. Seat upgrades would be nice. However, I am always happy with what the Ten Club does for us! I like the idea of treating them how they do with season tickets to a sports team. It's not like there isn't enough time for them to look into this on their end. They have always treated us good and even in the pandemic, continue to go above an beyond most bands! Thank you!
  • Who cares, play some fucking music!!!
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16