Capitol Riots 2

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Blue Lives Matter! 

Support the troops!!! 

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    He wants to know who is responsible? He's responsible. Just give him a mirror.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Kat said:

Do you believe in police reform? Do you think that all officers should have this same kind of protection when they are involved in a deadly shooting that is considered "justified"?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,608
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

Do you believe in police reform? Do you think that all officers should have this same kind of protection when they are involved in a deadly shooting that is considered "justified"?
    Do repubs want to know the truth of the insurrection of January 6th? If so, they could serve on the special committee and find out who shot the thug climbing through the window. Capitol Police & Secrete Service aren’t Mayberry cops because of who they protect and serve, where they serve and how and what it all represents. There’s a process for the “protection” you seem so concerned about.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

Laughable 🤣🤣🤣 that’s how I take all your post! Let me guess if that chick was breaking & entering your household I bet you’d welcome her with open arms? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Blue Lives Matter! 

Support the troops!!! 

He doesn't mention the cops other than that their riot gear was locked away?

He also mentions as to why the National Guard wasn't at the Capitol that day.  Isn't that what is being investigated?  That was a big question that I don't think was answered.

The caption for the tweet didn't match what he said.  Not sure if anyone else listened to this or not?
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

It was filmed for everyone to see.  The woman was attempting to bust through a barricaded door that was protecting the Vice President among others.

This is cut and dry justified.

Trump is pandering to his followers and the other TV hosts whom want to make Babbitt a martyr...
  • Options
    Blue Lives Matter! 

Support the troops!!! 

He also mentions as to why the National Guard wasn't at the Capitol that day.  Isn't that what is being investigated?  That was a big question that I don't think was answered.

The caption for the tweet didn't match what he said.  Not sure if anyone else listened to this or not?

The caption is that he had tougher words for the guards protecting the Capitol than the people attacking it. If you want to argue those tougher words [the line of questioning] were more about the response than the cops & guard themselves I can see that point of view, but the fact remains he's trying to shift the focus to the lack of police & military response as opposed to the actual offenders.

If McCarthy was calling for an investigation into the (lack of) response, I would have no problem with this, but as far as I know he's against any sort of investigation. 

Why? (jk, we all know why) 
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

It was filmed for everyone to see.  The woman was attempting to bust through a barricaded door that was protecting the Vice President among others.

Trump is pandering to his followers and the other TV hosts whom want to make Babbitt a martyr...
    I can't fathom anyone coming to the defense of Babbit at this point. 

F'n cult behavior right there. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited July 2021
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

I can't fathom anyone coming to the defense of Babbit at this point. 

F'n cult behavior right there. 

As pointed out by everyone with a brain, the most baffling part is the condemnation of the cop(s) by the same fucking idiot assholes that used their love of the po-lice as a focal point against black people protesting in 2020.

I just don't get it.  How fucking dumb can these assholes be?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Blue Lives Matter! 

Support the troops!!! 

The caption is that he had tougher words for the guards protecting the Capitol than the people attacking it. If you want to argue those tougher words [the line of questioning] were more about the response than the cops & guard themselves I can see that point of view, but the fact remains he's trying to shift the focus to the lack of police & military response as opposed to the actual offenders.

If McCarthy was calling for an investigation into the (lack of) response, I would have no problem with this, but as far as I know he's against any sort of investigation. 

Why? (jk, we all know why) 
    Got it, I was just getting the context of what the clip showed.  TY for the explanation.

I always thought that there was questions as to why the National Guard wasn't called in?  That was a main question from day one and that is one of the inside jobs that were talked about perhaps.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2021
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

Laughable 🤣🤣🤣 that’s how I take all your post! Let me guess if that chick was breaking & entering your household I bet you’d welcome her with open arms? 
    What would you do?  Shoot her? And with what, good vibes?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

What would you do?  Shoot her?

Would you not have, with that mob behind her ready to follow? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

What would you do?  Shoot her?

Would you not have, with that mob behind her ready to follow? 
    I think it was justified, but I get a kick out of these hardcore anti-gun people defending any kind of shooting.  So is everyone saying that it would be okay to shoot her if she was breaking into your house?  Please tell me what other scenarios would it be okay to defend your home with a firearm?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

Jose seemed to think it was justifiable too here.

I'll let him answer though.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

I know, just a bit ironic seeing these hardcore anti-gun people defending a shooting of an unarmed person.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    The “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” crowd is not loving the stupid prizes part now that the recipient is a white nationalist trying to help install Trump as a dictator.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    OnWis97 said:
    The “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” crowd is not loving the stupid prizes part now that the recipient is a white nationalist trying to help install Trump as a dictator.
    I, for one, still agree with the “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” mantra.  I just recognize and appreciate the irony in this from all angles.  Where are all of the “why didn’t he shoot her in the leg” idiots?  Pretty silent on that front for some reason…
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I, for one, still agree with the “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” mantra.  I just recognize and appreciate the irony in this from all angles.
    Not everyone lives in the either / or reality. 

I'm for gun control, but I'm not anti 2A. We need reform.

I support local police departments and make annual donations to LEO charities,,, but I'm also against police brutality. We need reform. 

It is possible to hold both positions. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I, for one, still agree with the “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” mantra.  I just recognize and appreciate the irony in this from all angles.
    Not everyone lives in the either / or reality. 

I'm for gun control, but I'm not anti 2A. We need reform.

I support local police departments and make annual donations to LEO charities,,, but I'm also against police brutality. We need reform. 

It is possible to hold both positions. 
    Oh, I totally agree with your statement, and you are most likely not one of the “idiots” I’m referring to.  
    There are plenty out there that would say you are anti-2A if you support any kind of gun regulation and on the flip side, there are plenty that would say you are anti-gun control if you are not anti-2A.  
    I’m with ya, though, it’s not black and white, either/or.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

I know, just a bit ironic seeing these hardcore anti-gun people defending a shooting of an unarmed person.
    She was part of a crazed mob willing to beat cops and kill anyone that was in their way not sure what they expected the cops to do , this is not the same thing as a cop killing an unarmed black kid on the streets or getting pulled over ..
  • Options
    If someone is trying to break into my house I’m calling the cops I don’t own a weapon on any sort! Kitchen knives yes 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    If someone is trying to break into my house I’m calling the cops I don’t own a weapon on any sort! Kitchen knives yes 
    I've also heard your empanadas are killer. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

She was part of a crazed mob willing to beat cops and kill anyone that was in their way not sure what they expected the cops to do , this is not the same thing as a cop killing an unarmed black kid on the streets or getting pulled over ..
    I think the officer was justified too, but what about the mobs trying to break in or burn down the government buildings with people still inside, such as was seen in Portland?  Would the officers have been justified in using deadly force in those incidents too?  
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So, you would “welcome her with open arms”?  I’m sure the cops would be glad to put up the yellow tape once they got there…
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

Do repubs want to know the truth of the insurrection of January 6th? If so, they could serve on the special committee and find out who shot the thug climbing through the window. Capitol Police & Secrete Service aren’t Mayberry cops because of who they protect and serve, where they serve and how and what it all represents. There’s a process for the “protection” you seem so concerned about.

The Republicans already know who shot Ashli Babbitt so your point is moot.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

"Willing to beat cops and kill anyone" and you say my statements are laughable?

How many people did this mob kill?

You are right, this is not the same as a cop killing an unarmed black kid on the streets but it is still a officer of the law shooting and killing an American citizen. Funny that this board preaches that we need more gun control and police reform but not when someone gets killed that they don't politically agree with.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

The Republicans already know who shot Ashli Babbitt so your point is moot.
    So what is your point? That “we” don’t know?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    JB16057 said:
    Kat said:

"Willing to beat cops and kill anyone" and you say my statements are laughable?

How many people did this mob kill?

You are right, this is not the same as a cop killing an unarmed black kid on the streets but it is still a officer of the law shooting and killing an American citizen. Funny that this board preaches that we need more gun control and police reform but not when someone gets killed that they don't politically agree with.
    Just stop with the bullshit both sides, same-same. That thug climbing through the window had been warned and was with a mob of thousands trying to get to the VP and other elected members of Congress in a violent attack on our government. What a joke.

Brilliantati©