Autographed guitar - Jeff from Fargo 2003 - SOLD

GVN2FLY NDGVN2FLY ND Posts: 84
edited February 2021 in Lost Dogs
Hi all,

Fallen on some tough times and looking to sell this. Jeff signed this Fender Squire silver burst guitar for me at the Fargo show back in 2003.  Hoping for $700 (will need to look into shipping costs - would be paid by the buyer as well. I will entertain offers.

Thanks,
JP
Post edited by GVN2FLY ND on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,104
    awesome item at a fair price. would be a great item for a fan to try to get the rest of the band to sign on their own over time
  • I'm sorry for the tough times. We've all experienced a bit of that recently. Sending you positivity and my best vibes. 
    "Society..you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me.."
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,867
    awesome item at a fair price. would be a great item for a fan to try to get the rest of the band to sign on their own over time
    Amen-t.

OP is there a story behind the signature?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,751
    Yeah. Sell something else if you can. Or good luck with the sale if you have to. Seems like a steal for 700.
  • I lived a block from the Fargo Dome in college, and the show was on a Sunday.  We were hanging out in the parking log having some beers and playing some music before the show. Jeff pulled up in a cab - skateboard in tow. The loading doc was by where we were parked, so we gave him a shout when he was out with his skateboard - he came over and I asked him to sign it.  He said he would, but wouldn't sign it on the front. Totally ok with that though.  Fun story, and he was very kind.
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
      Very cool!  I like the story too.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,418
    wow. i was at that show. i'm a bass player. that is tempting AF. 

why wouldn't he sign the front?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,305

Cause if he signed it on the front you would already be buying instead of thinking about it.

My opinion - buy it.  I am thinking about it and I 1) Don't play bass 2) Wasn't at the show ;)
    hippiemom = goodness

Cause if he signed it on the front you would already be buying instead of thinking about it.

My opinion - buy it.  I am thinking about it and I 1) Don't play bass 2) Wasn't at the show ;)
    only problem is it's not a bass. 

and i need to stop buying stuff like this. would be super cool. the fargo poster went for over $500 US on ebay the other day. 

www.headstonesband.com

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,305
    Right but Jeff is the bassist. Just pretend it’s his Smile guitar :)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Right but Jeff is the bassist. Just pretend it’s his Smile guitar :)
    is he? shit, I saw the DOTC video and thought stone was. :wink:

www.headstonesband.com

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,210
    You could put it in a rotating clear case. Like the one in Wayne’s World, but rotating. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    You could put it in a rotating clear case. Like the one in Wayne’s World, but rotating. 
    sounds like my basement is turning into the Hard Rock Cafe. 

www.headstonesband.com

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,210
    Hell yeah! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,751
    How is this not gone yet. If it was EV fans would be fighting over it. Poor JA!!! One of the founding members of pj. Don't forget that people. Get that guitar to HFD's basement museum asap!!!!!! 
  • Loujoe said:
    How is this not gone yet. If it was EV fans would be fighting over it. Poor JA!!! One of the founding members of pj. Don't forget that people. Get that guitar to HFD's basement museum asap!!!!!! 
    Because Jeff is a bassist, because it is signed on the back, and because it's a Squier. 
  • In process of selling - thanks for your interest everyone.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    LOL!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    Sold?
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 260
    Yep. Sold.
  • Sold.  
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 260

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,218
    Congrats on the new buy. Looks good. I hope the sale goes a long way for the seller and falls on better times and buy yourself something cool!