Options

Rearviewmirror 4LP Set (Back to The Vault/Library)

aliveheadalivehead Posts: 15
edited January 2021 in Lost Dogs
This post is going to read weird, but here's the bottom line... I had a chance to spin the black circles today. Pleasantly surprised that only 1 of the 8 sides had some "hiccups". While I originally had some buyer remorse.. instead, I'm going to embrace this purchase. In retrospect, I probably should have been a bit more picky about condition. Agree with those who posted, very cool to own an album that can be hard to come by. As Disney famously says... this one is going "back to the vault" (my PJ "library"). 

Post edited by alivehead on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    Back To School What GIF by Rodney Dangerfield - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I hope you filed a paypal claim
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Was he using the jacket as a placemat?
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    It looks like the jacket is frowning. I’d be pissed too man. 
  • Options
    Nah, my bad for not being more picky.
  • Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    It looks like the jacket is frowning. I’d be pissed too man. 
    Not pissed, but disappointed. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Was he using the jacket as a placemat?
    🤣
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I have a feeling you’re a much more honest seller than the one you bought it from.  I get it tho.  This doesnt pop up for sale very often at all.  Ive taken chances before with my vinyl addiction lol. I’ve ordered NM’s on discogs and i’ve received “Fairs”. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    alivehead said:
    Nah, my bad for not being more picky.
    Look at this way, the cover doesn't effect the playing of the record.  It's still rare and still cool.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    Might have more interest if you play them to confirm they're not damaged.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    I'll spin the black circle(s) this weekend and report. 
  • Options
    alivehead said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Disclaimer, you might change your mind about selling after listening! 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    I have a feeling you’re a much more honest seller than the one you bought it from.  I get it tho.  This doesnt pop up for sale very often at all.  Ive taken chances before with my vinyl addiction lol. I’ve ordered NM’s on discogs and i’ve received “Fairs”. 
    Thank you for the kind words.

I really think PJ could farm (license) vinyl production to a company that would produce these out of print records "on demand" (sort of like how nugs handles the vault/tour CDs).

IMHO, a missed opportunity $$$ in the PJ store. I'd consider paying more if the vinyl releases stayed "in stock" continously. I'm sure not feasible due to record labels technically owning the rights and not wanting to bother with an "on demand" model for vinyl. 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    edited January 2021
    I say this with respect and not to cause an argument, but you may have trouble selling this at the price you paid, if you were incredibly disappointed with what you received at the price you paid.

My latin is rusty, but I think caveat emptor means "the buyer for checking quality before they buy." It's pretty hard to do that via online and mail. I think you have a shot at reclaiming some funds via paypal.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    alivehead said:
    Thank you for the kind words.

I really think PJ could farm (license) vinyl production to a company that would produce these out of print records "on demand" (sort of like how nugs handles the vault/tour CDs).

IMHO, a missed opportunity $$$ in the PJ store. I'd consider paying more if the vinyl releases stayed "in stock" continously. I'm sure not feasible due to record labels technically owning the rights and not wanting to bother with an "on demand" model for vinyl. 

Is there a company that prints vinyl on demand?  That seems rare to me.   Usually you need to do a run to make it worthwhile for the pressing plant?  Nugs is different because anyone with $200 can buy a burner, printer, and a stack of blank cd's :)
  • Options
    I bought a Neil Young record 5 years ago from a thrift store for .99 cents while I was waiting for a pizza next door, cover was beat up pretty bad, the record looked a bit run down, I have played it at least 500 times without any issues at all, no skips at all. Best purchase I ever made!
    Spin that wax, you just never know until you try it out! Good luck OP. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Bummer. Saw this on eBay and wondered who ended up with such a crap copy.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'll never forget waiting too long to buy this because I figured it was a mass-produced release that would sit in the shop for years. I don't get why anyone feels compelled to spend so much on a greatest hits set. I wish I own it, but only at the original retail.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    alivehead said:
    Horse2345 said:
    That's exactly what happened. My apologies. 
  • Options
    Looks like this one is going to be a keeper. Thank you all for your interest. 
  • Options
    alivehead said:
    Horse2345 said:
    alivehead said:
    Horse2345 said:
    That's exactly what happened. My apologies. 
    Lol, good to hear. It’s a great set, spin mine regularly.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    I still regret not buying this, I remember seeing it shops in Seattle & Portland on sale for $19.99.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I still regret not buying this, I remember seeing it shops in Seattle & Portland on sale for $19.99.

I thought I remembered buying mine from Tower Records in Seattle, but I can't remember why I would of been in Seattle in 04/05.  They played Seattle in '02 and Gorge in '05.  Maybe I was down there for a ball game or something.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Honestly ive never had the need for this one.  Just because its album cuts (besides Who You Are and another song). 

Its a cool set tho.  Looks awesome
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Honestly ive never had the need for this one.  Just because its album cuts (besides Who You Are and another song). 

Its a cool set tho.  Looks awesome
    I had it several years ago and sold it because I rarely listened to it. I’ve never been a huge fan of greatest hits compilations, so my reaction didn’t surprise me. It’s a great sounding LP, though!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    swervedriverswervedriver Sheffield, UK Posts: 182
    What is the current going rate for a sealed copy of this ? 
  • Options
    PM16037PM16037 Ballston Spa, NY Posts: 1,145
    Mickey Mantle Rookie Card?
    murdochanson @ expressobeans.com
    MurdocHanson @ Discogs.com
    Murdoc_Hanson @ collectionzz.com
    Mansfield, Massachusetts (September 16, 1998) / Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000) / Albany, New York (April 29, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 02, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 03, 2003) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004) / Kitchener, Ontario (September 11, 2005) / London, Ontario (September 12, 2005) / Hamilton, Ontario (September 13, 2005) / Albany, New York (May 12, 2006) / Hartford, CT (May 15, 2010) / Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 15, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 16, 2013) / Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013) / Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) / Boston 2 (August 07, 2016) / MSG, NY (September 11, 2022)
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2021
    What is the current going rate for a sealed copy of this ? 
    Last NM/M- one on Discogs sold for €400 or about $485US (today’s exchange rate) in December. 

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    alivehead said:
    Looks like this one is going to be a keeper. Thank you all for your interest. 
    Glad to hear that OP. Truly. 
    www.cluthelee.com