Options

What do you Collect (besides PJ stuff)?

I collect the following:

Vinyl
Simpsons (stagnant collection....pretty worthless since they over produced everything)
Star Wars comics (started in 1977)

Comments

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Posters: Other bands besides PJ included
    Mike Fudge: Most all of his work that I can get. 
    Baseballs: I get one each time I visit a new park (MLB and minors) 
    Funko Pops: I used to talk shit about them, and then I stumbled upon The Office characters and it was over from there. I hate myself for it, but they are small, cheap (mostly) and a fun conversation piece. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Back in the old days, I used to grab a box of matchsticks from nice eateries we visited (they were for the taking). Some are from old LA restaurants that are no more, some from Europe, some were given; among them all, a few very cool little boxes. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    My PJ poster obsession has carried over to other bands, Tool & A Perfect Circle being the big ones... those bands put out some pretty amazing posters between 2017 & 2019. 

Also vinyl. 
  • Options
    My PJ poster obsession has carried over to other bands, Tool & A Perfect Circle being the big ones... those bands put out some pretty amazing posters between 2017 & 2019. 

Also vinyl. 
    Yes to those posters! The details are exquisite. 

My husband bought a calendar of Alex Grey’s artwork. Beautiful, but he went to another level with Lateralus. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Also vinyl. 

My husband bought a calendar of Alex Grey’s artwork. Beautiful, but he went to another level with Lateralus. 
    Alex Grey is amazing. 
    Those Tool posters from 19/20.... my God. They really went above & beyond with some of those, & they turned me on to a few new artists. If you’re on Instagram I highly recommend following Adrian Cox he / she is amazing. 

& the APC from 17/18 were unreal too, I went a little nuts buying APs because they were cheap & available... It was kind of funny because the market for PJ posters is so rabid & those artists had APs available for months, APC fans at the time were kind of in the dark about it... I ended up buying some from shows I never went to, which was something I always avoided. some APs are still available... I friggin’ love both of this artist’s APC prints:

https://https://joeyremmersstudios.bigcartel.com/product/a-perfect-circle-atlanta-ga

(That one’s pricier than what I was finding 2-3 years ago, they were anywhere from $35 - $75 for APs when I found them)
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    hedonist said:

Also vinyl. 

Alex Grey is amazing. 
    Those Tool posters from 19/20.... my God. They really went above & beyond with some of those, & they turned me on to a few new artists. If you’re on Instagram I highly recommend following Adrian Cox he / she is amazing. 

& the APC from 17/18 were unreal too, I went a little nuts buying APs because they were cheap & available... It was kind of funny because the market for PJ posters is so rabid & those artists had APs available for months, APC fans at the time were kind of in the dark about it... I ended up buying some from shows I never went to, which was something I always avoided. some APs are still available... I friggin’ love both of this artist’s APC prints:

https://https://joeyremmersstudios.bigcartel.com/product/a-perfect-circle-atlanta-ga

(That one’s pricier than what I was finding 2-3 years ago, they were anywhere from $35 - $75 for APs when I found them)
    Alex Grey's work is amazing. 

I was pretty impressed with both of Mark Brooks posters from Boston and Atlanta. They look pretty awesome framed next to each other.
  • Options
    I collect concert posters (mostly Tool and PJ).

For some reason I started collecting unique bottle openers if I come across any. Also got back into my baseball card collection with my son who really enjoys it.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The souls of lost children. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 687
    Besides music related stuff such as posters and vinyl, I’m a big fan of LEGO. There’s lots of current and older sets geared more towards older audiences.  The fun of the collection, but also the building/creating has me more entertained than other more static ‘obtain and immediately sit on a shelf’ collections of the past such as memorabilia or cards.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    lil bit of baseball.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    lil bit of baseball.

Nice collection!
  • Options
    ST66483 said:
    Besides music related stuff such as posters and vinyl, I’m a big fan of LEGO. There’s lots of current and older sets geared more towards older audiences.  The fun of the collection, but also the building/creating has me more entertained than other more static ‘obtain and immediately sit on a shelf’ collections of the past such as memorabilia or cards.
    I have a couple of UCS sets... they’re pretty friggin’ impressive. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Also vinyl. 

Alex Grey is amazing. 

I was pretty impressed with both of Mark Brooks posters from Boston and Atlanta. They look pretty awesome framed next to each other.
    Love those Brooks’ prints. I have the signed Boston poster, it’s one of my crown jewels.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Well duh.

Merkin, we got this one at the Bowl show we attended. I always find some new detail I’d never noticed before. 

• Options
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Well duh.

Merkin, we got this one at the Bowl show we attended. I always find some new detail I’d never noticed before. 

So f’ing cool... I love the recurring octopus/ Chthulu theme. Would love to see more of that frame / matte combo it looks nice. Love the pick too! 

I miraculously scored an AP from Carin Hazmat for my one & only red rocks show... She only sold 24 of these & they went quick. I’ll spare you the framed shot as I’m not happy w/ the matte, I want to get it redone: 

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited January 2021
    Fridge magnets
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Also vinyl. 

Alex Grey is amazing. 

Love those Brooks’ prints. I have the signed Boston poster, it’s one of my crown jewels.
    Yeah, the Boston one is the better of the two for sure. They had one signed one left, and was my buddies birthday so I let him jump ahead and snag the signed and I took the unsigned. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    edited January 2021
    Old toenail clippings - started in 82

Jizz rags - once I heard the Dice Clay bit about hanging them on the wall and calling them Art, I was hooked

Posters, Records, ticket stubs.  Nothing crazy, though.  (At least not next to you non toenail and jizz rag collecting psychos)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Well duh.

So f’ing cool... I love the recurring octopus/ Chthulu theme. Would love to see more of that frame / matte combo it looks nice. Love the pick too! 

I miraculously scored an AP from Carin Hazmat for my one & only red rocks show... She only sold 24 of these & they went quick. I’ll spare you the framed shot as I’m not happy w/ the matte, I want to get it redone: 

Holy hell, that is stunning.

F Me, gotta love Dice!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Well duh.

F Me, gotta love Dice!
    You know we both do!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Well duh.

F Me, gotta love Dice!

total non-talent. try some kinnison.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Dust
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Well duh.

F Me, gotta love Dice!

total non-talent. try some kinnison.
    You know I love Sam! But I dig Dice too (though definitely not at that level).
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2021
    “I’m over here now.
    Did you see that?
    I was over there; now I’m over here.
    You didn’t even notice.
    That’s a professional.”

That bit will always make me laugh.

Crude nursery rhymes not so much anymore. Funny as hell when I was 12, though. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    dankind said:
    “I’m over here now.
    Did you see that?
    You didn’t even notice.
    That’s a professional.”

Hour....back, get it!

The nursery rhymes were the best, for a time.  His overall schtick killed me.  The first time I saw him he slayed.  (91, maybe?)
    The next time?  2000-ish?  Really not good.
    I'll always love that moron for how many laughs he gave me.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    “I’m over here now.
    Did you see that?
    You didn’t even notice.
    That’s a professional.”

Hour....back, get it!

The nursery rhymes were the best, for a time.  His overall schtick killed me.  The first time I saw him he slayed.  (91, maybe?)

he sucked. saw Sam twice and, OMG, I about died laughing.

I can see some NY knuckle draggers laughing at dice, but not you F’me. c’mon!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    “I’m over here now.
    Did you see that?
    You didn’t even notice.
    That’s a professional.”

Hour....back, get it!

he sucked. saw Sam twice and, OMG, I about died laughing.

I can see some NY knuckle draggers laughing at dice, but not you F’me. c’mon!
    Just because you didn't see him doesn't mean he wasn't funny.
    Sam was a funny bastard.  
  • Options
    oh, I saw no talent dice, too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    when i was younger sports cards, now not much, maybe cd's?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly