Options

What's your Favorite line in Wish List?

Comments

• Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    "I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off."

That's mine...so true..
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    i also have to go with the "the verb to trust" line. beautifully succinct.
  • Options
    I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
  • Options
    Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    LauraPJ wrote:
    "I wish I was the verb to trust and never let you down" :)

Definitely my favorite line from the song...awesome line from an awesome song
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • Options
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.....

think positive, be happy, live life!
    I don't question our existence
    I just question our modern needs

** http://backpacksoul.wordpress.com **
  • Options
    KleinKlein Posts: 32
    "I wish I was the verb to trust and never let you down"

Love

I also have a question, can anyone decipher what the last line in the song is? (as it's fading out)

Something like "I wish I was a radio song..."
  • Options
    DaeDae Posts: 7
    I wish I was the pedal break, that you depended on....

I love it because to me it says slow down in life, don't be so rushed as well as being able to be that person that someone special can always depend on.

AWESOME!!!
    It's a shame to wake in a world of pain, what does it mean when a war has taken over

Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    Umm probably wrong thread to post this in, because it's about wishlist love... I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who Doesn't like this song as much as me.. it's one of my least liked pj songs, and i everytime they play it i think "they've wasted a song .. that could have been *insert anyother pj song here*. haha. but having said that. it's not like i Hate the song (it's pearl jam afterall;)...... and my favourite line is also the pedal brake one.
    I have no signature
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Stella wrote:
    Umm probably wrong thread to post this in, because it's about wishlist love... I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who Doesn't like this song as much as me.. it's one of my least liked pj songs, and i everytime they play it i think "they've wasted a song .. that could have been *insert anyother pj song here*. haha. but having said that. it's not like i Hate the song (it's pearl jam afterall;)...... and my favourite line is also the pedal brake one.

I've never liked it much.. I find it too simple.
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Klein wrote:
    "I wish I was the verb to trust and never let you down"

Love

I also have a question, can anyone decipher what the last line in the song is? (as it's fading out)

Something like "I wish I was a radio song..."

I've heard him do that line live (can't remember when) but it went:

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up....

......I wish he didn't fade that one out on the studio recording....it's my favorite.

If I had to pick a fave line from just what you can hear on the album, it would be "I wish I was the full moon shining off your Camero's hood".

I find the whole song very poetic.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    i didnt read all the faves so dont know if its been done, but my fave is when ed does " i wish, i wish, i wish, i wish, i guess it never stops"
  • Options
    i wish i lived in adelaide

:o
    wah
  • Options
    "I wish I was the messenger and all the news was good."
    would that not be great, i mean i life generally!!!!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    I wish I was the messenger
    And all the news was good.

Boy that would help me out right about now.
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    i wish i was the radio song
    the one that you turned up
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    This song has such a special meaning to me and I'm not sure that I can convey the feeling in words. I bought Yield in 1998 a couple of months after it came out. I wasn't a "diehard" fan at the time. I liked Pearl Jam - had a couple of CD's, but not a diehard. I planned on listening to it for the first time after a hearing in a county about 80-90 miles away (I am an attorney). I was going to listen to it on the drive home. Anyway, the night before I made a terrible, terrible mistake and my little dog was killed. It was all my fault because I let her out to go to the bathroom and just forgot that I let her out. I was preparing for this hearing and just forgot! NO excuses. A couple of hours later I thought about her and jumped up to run outside to find her. She was lying outside the back steps panting and not responding to me. I knew something had happened. I called my husband to get the car so we could rush to the vet. About that time, some people walked up and said they saw a car hit her. They had followed her to see if she was o.k. and to try to find the owner. She died as we pulled into the vet parking lot. I still have not forgiven myself for that. Anyway, I had to attend the hearing - there was really no way out. I kept myself together until after the hearing. Then I got into my truck and put in Yield. When I got to Wish List I lost it and sobbed the rest of the way home. All I could think of was I Wish I could relive the night before. Cuz if I could I could change everything and Ellie would not be dead. I wished I could go back in time. Anyway, ever since then I have called that Ellie's song and when I hear it I think of her. I cried every time I heard it for a few years. And after that when I heard it live at concerts. Anyway, a sappy story I know, but true.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off = i'm not expected to be the one who get's angry and upset so this line means a lot...

I wish I was the verb 'to trust' and never let you down = the line i sing to my 4yr old son...

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    erryerry Posts: 15
    At this time I choose: I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
    may we all stay most human and most alive
  • Options
    theres a few. my absolute favorite.. "I wish i was a neutron bomb, for once i could go off" -- it's like he wrote that with me in mind :) one of the best lyrics that i have been able to relate so closely with. love it! :)

and "I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on" i think that line is so true to the way some people feel about their material possessions and how important they are to them. it's sad really.

and also "I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up". that line makes me smile because i almost always say to myself "well you are!" because i always crank up a PJ song when it comes on the radio! :)
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • Options
    My favorite line is:

'I wish I were as fortunate, as fortunate as me'

It reminds me to be thankfull.
  • Options
    I wish I was the evidence,
    I wish I was the grounds,
    For fifty million hands upraised,
    and opened towards the sky..

I always heard "i wish i was the sound.. of fifty million hands upraised.." and I like it that way too. :)

the first line "nuetron bomb.." is one of my all time favorite lines too.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    "I wish I was the verb to trust and never let you down" :)

Indeed mine too.
    Michael

be strong. be proud. be you.

- life comes from within your heart and desire -
  • Options
    I seem to remember a time when they played Wishlist at Melbourne Park during the Yield tour and Eddie changed the last few lines...

I wish I was a lucky man
    well I guess... that I am
    I wish that I could share with my friends
    oh how many friends I had

I'm pretty sure that's it. I like that one.
    "this one, anytime I say love if you wanna say love, uh, say it, and if you say it you might as well say it loud, and if you don't feel like sayin' it, don't say it, but if you feel it, certainly say it..."

NOTE: Everything I write in the P,P&M section are intended to be songs, not poetry.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Perceptual wrote:
    I seem to remember a time when they played Wishlist at Melbourne Park during the Yield tour and Eddie changed the last few lines...

I wish I was a lucky man
    well I guess... that I am
    I wish that I could share with my friends
    oh how many friends I had

oh how many friends I "have"

Perceptual wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that's it. I like that one.

Yep that's it exactly!! From 05/03/98. LOVE IT myself!!!!! :)

Then he went on to say "Onya! How ya be you people of the sea? It's been yonks since we've seen ya! And er, tonight we're on the radio so if there's anyone you wanna say hi to, just uh ....." CROWD GOES WILD!!

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    i wish i was the radio song
    the one that you turned up
    mine too yay
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    I wish I was the pedal break that you depended on.

Because I always liked an idea...that there is someone you can depend on...
    But I guess...it was just a wish...
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Every line in this song is awesome so it's hard to choose only one. I guess mine would be:

I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on.

That line always stands out to me for some reason. :)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    "I wish I was the full moon shining of a camaros' hood"
    Yes, thank you!
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I wish I was the president, but I smoke too much pot- something close to that on one of my boots

"I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun"-is my favorite line- I wish ed didn't forget that is the line haha.
  • Options
    Big ManBig Man Posts: 97
    what does that mean, to trust or any other verb which one can trust?

Im german, so...