Options

Vault #10 vinyl should have been Atlanta 94.

2»

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    and plenty of 'audience' left in the recording. I mean, I can still hear the dude screaming before 'Rats' is played. "Warrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeh, warrrrrrrrrrreeeeh". Haha!

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by hoppip

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Also, I'm sure this has been discussed, but man they got Satan's Bed all wrong on Vitalogy. This version will always be #1. I think someone posted a recent interview with Dave A. where he mentioned having a more rock/edgy version/mix of Vitalogy. Would have loved to hear that version because that was probably him on the drums vs. his tech being the one who played on the final version of Vitalogy.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Agreed. Its the definitive version for me. 

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Being available as an unofficial bootleg should not be a factor when considering a vault. One that is still currently available as an official bootleg should be a factor. Doesn't mean it’s disqualified, but is it worth making it available on vinyl or should we dig deep and get something new. 
    I would have been happy with this being the vault. Already have a bootleg CD, hoping this download is better once I get a chance to listen.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    My guess is they don't have enough Full unreleased shows that they consider good enough to put out in the world (from pre-1998).

I've gotten away from being so precious about what constitutes a vault and just want live shows on vinyl. If all they can do from here on out is pull from shows officially released, I'm fine with it. If they are having Evans go back and mix them, then all the better. 

Bring on some 2000 and 2003 shows then if no 96 are available.

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    I know we’ve stated this before but how about a “Live on Two Legs” type release for the 1996 tour?? It’s certainly better than nothing from that era if they don’t have complete shoes, no?
  • Options
    My guess is they don't have enough Full unreleased shows that they consider good enough to put out in the world (from pre-1998).

I've gotten away from being so precious about what constitutes a vault and just want live shows on vinyl. If all they can do from here on out is pull from shows officially released, I'm fine with it. If they are having Evans go back and mix them, then all the better. 

Bring on some 2000 and 2003 shows then if no 96 are available.

I was actually thinking that too. Most of the pre-98 vaults haven’t seemed like the same quality as 98 on. Especially soldier field, that vault to me sounded pretty much the same as the bootlegs. 
    So if that’s the case, I’d be happy with newer releases.
  • Options
    I’m really hoping for 3 days later......Press Springfield MA 4/6/94 as a vault show. Such an amazing show.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Still a big fan of the idea that they should do 2-4 Vaults a year. 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    rummy said:
    I know we’ve stated this before but how about a “Live on Two Legs” type release for the 1996 tour?? It’s certainly better than nothing from that era if they don’t have complete shoes, no?
    I like it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    I’m really hoping for 3 days later......Press Springfield MA 4/6/94 as a vault show. Such an amazing show.
    now you're talking! my first pj show and less than 10min from my house!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    im an ear said:
    I’m still hoping for a high quality ‘96 bootleg!
    this
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Yep. While I love Moline, the obvious rule should always be that if it's been released officially before it can't be called a "vault" when it is remastered.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    Would be nice to have access to high (flac HD or dsd...) quality files or streaming of all soundboard quality shows through the ten club on this website. Also think they should release a vault vinyl quarterly 
    And that pj 20 should definitely be released. Benaroya Hall should be re-released. Some 1996 shows should also be released. And Atlanta 94 needs the vinyl treatment because its one of their most well known shows. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    mcgruff10 said:
    tino_11 said:
    I would love this on vinyl, I’d take it over Moline easily!
    Totally agree.  Moline was a very lazy pick.  
    agreed, its the only one Ive not ordered........and of course 'Vault 11'. 

Two shows that are already available.,.....ah well
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    Next Vault should be PJ20.    
    I’d be annoyed if PJ20 didn’t get released as a box set or a special treatment of sorts, The reissued merch, even replicas of the posters, so much opportunity to be had... we’ve waited forever, I don’t know if it’ll ever be released even as a random bootleg. Then again, maybe we wouldn’t get the whole show. The Soldier field show for example, it was missing Encore 1 & 2 on the vinyl. That’s 7 tracks  :o
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    I’d be annoyed if PJ20 didn’t get released as a box set or a special treatment of sorts, The reissued merch, even replicas of the posters, so much opportunity to be had... we’ve waited forever, I don’t know if it’ll ever be released even as a random bootleg. Then again, maybe we wouldn’t get the whole show. The Soldier field show for example, it was missing Encore 1 & 2 on the vinyl. That’s 7 tracks  :o
    I wonder if something went wrong with the gear during PJ20... maybe that's why it hasn't been released.

In the ToTD boxset, it includes a bluray with the ToTD footage from the pj20 shows (about 30 minutes worth), so at least some of it is out there.
  • Options
    PJWGIII said:
    Yep. While I love Moline, the obvious rule should always be that if it's been released officially before it can't be called a "vault" when it is remastered.

• Options
    Zod said:
    I wonder if something went wrong with the gear during PJ20... maybe that's why it hasn't been released.

In the ToTD boxset, it includes a bluray with the ToTD footage from the pj20 shows (about 30 minutes worth), so at least some of it is out there.
    I've wondered the same. Its been nearly 10 years, and they know it is easy money with minimal effort, pretty much zero on their part. Just give the thumbs up to release it and someone else does all the work, and they will sell tens of thousands of copies. Must be a reason they haven't done it yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

I've wondered the same. Its been nearly 10 years, and they know it is easy money with minimal effort, pretty much zero on their part. Just give the thumbs up to release it and someone else does all the work, and they will sell tens of thousands of copies. Must be a reason they haven't done it yet.

Maybe they can't get permission to release the PJ20 stuff with Cornell on it because that music is now under the control of his wife (not an invite to disparage her or anyone, please) and she isn't willing to license Temple stuff. I recall an interview some time ago that the band was largely unhappy with their performances, so maybe that's the issue. I don't hold out hope of seeing/hearing those shows. I was there, so there's always that. :heart:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

Maybe they can't get permission to release the PJ20 stuff with Cornell on it because that music is now under the control of his wife (not an invite to disparage her or anyone, please) and she isn't willing to license Temple stuff. I recall an interview some time ago that the band was largely unhappy with their performances, so maybe that's the issue. I don't hold out hope of seeing/hearing those shows. I was there, so there's always that. :heart:
    Hasn't the Temple stuff already been released? And even so, they still had 6 or 7 years to do it before his death. 
  • Options
    Which made me think of a question I've wondered before. How would royalties and permission work for bootlegs and vaults? A vault from 93 does Dave A and not Matt get royalties, both? Would they need Dave A's permission? If not, why would they need the permission of any guest? I actually never thought about guest appearances before, seems odd they'd invite someone on stage but then need their legal permission to release any of it, but I know next to nothing when it comes to the legal side of music. 
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    mace1229 said:
    Which made me think of a question I've wondered before. How would royalties and permission work for bootlegs and vaults? A vault from 93 does Dave A and not Matt get royalties, both? Would they need Dave A's permission? If not, why would they need the permission of any guest? I actually never thought about guest appearances before, seems odd they'd invite someone on stage but then need their legal permission to release any of it, but I know next to nothing when it comes to the legal side of music. 
    Good question, that reminds me of that Metro show in Chicago. I think TSP were on the bill as headliner. I’m pretty sure “I’ve got a feeling” was cut from any official/unofficial bootleg I’ve ever seen. And that show has a ton of boots out there. 

https://youtu.be/7t5y0-kWEMI 

But it’s probably just some Billy Corgan related thing.. Add this too our list of “not an invite to disparage anyone”.. but y’all do you 0:)
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,845
    edited December 2020
    PJ20 shows haven't been released because the band was rusty along with the sometimes odd pairings of performers. Also, the rain and delays didn't help.

I was there and it was obvious the guys knew it was a missed opportunity.

Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    PJ20 shows haven't been released because the band was rusty along with the sometimes odd pairings of performers. Also, the rain and delays didn't help.

I was there and it was obvious the guys knew it was a missed opportunity.

I don’t remember them being too sloppy, I mean nothing more than other shows in the past.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    Bad performances haven't stopped them in the past from putting the shows out. It seems that every Yield song at the Oakland 2013 show failed spectacularly, which made Ed declare something like "if you want to see a perfect show, I'm sure there's another band coming in the next month or so."
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,300
    mace1229 said:
    Matt wouldn't...he had nothing to do with the show or songs. Dave would get it based on songs he co wrote and performed on. 

I can't imagine they would need permission to release something with a guest on it. They've released plenty of things with guests in the past
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    This will be vault number 11, no? Yes to this on wax please!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    This will be vault number 11, no? Yes to this on wax please!!

Yes, Atlanta is Vault 11. Hopefully after Vault 10 vinyl ship out, pre orders on Vault 11 vinyl will go up for sale.