Chris Cornell - No One Sings Like You Anymore

2»

Comments

• Ok..... this all sounds like someone dropped some basic midi drum tracks behind some rough demos Chris knocked together at home. I find it ery, very hard to believe Chris had any intentions of releasing this stuff.
    Yikes 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Ok..... this all sounds like someone dropped some basic midi drum tracks behind some rough demos Chris knocked together at home. I find it ery, very hard to believe Chris had any intentions of releasing this stuff.
    The first song definitely sounded like that.  I guess it's prevalent through the record.  That being sad I've found that there's a lot of this on past Chris Cornell tracks.  Stuff that sounds like synthetic.  I always thought a lot of his solo music would sound better if it was more raw.   He did on some songs on higher truth, but I always wished he made up a straight acoustic record without any percussion...

This record to me sounds like standard chris cornell colo work... I think Higher Truth remains my favourite.
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Ok..... this all sounds like someone dropped some basic midi drum tracks behind some rough demos Chris knocked together at home. I find it ery, very hard to believe Chris had any intentions of releasing this stuff.
    I thought the exact same thing. It sounded better on our Bluetooth speaker, but it sounded terrible on headphones - the vocals are waaaaay back in the mix, which is the last thing you want on a Chris Cornell album. My favourite solo songs of his are the unadorned ones. Part of what made the Songbook tour so magical was how it was Chris, a guitar and nothing else. I'd rather listen to a YouTube compilation of his solo acoustic covers (I'm assuming one exists?) than this album, as much as I appreciate its existence.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    this album was finished 4 years ago with brendan obrien in the studio. he had every intention of releasing it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Zod said:
    The first song definitely sounded like that.  I guess it's prevalent through the record.  That being sad I've found that there's a lot of this on past Chris Cornell tracks.  Stuff that sounds like synthetic.  I always thought a lot of his solo music would sound better if it was more raw.   He did on some songs on higher truth, but I always wished he made up a straight acoustic record without any percussion...

This record to me sounds like standard chris cornell colo work... I think Higher Truth remains my favourite.
    that was my main complaint with higher truth. i just want the guy in a room with an acoustic and his voice. all the extra production seems like a waste to me. the live record is my favourite, because that's exactly what that is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    edited February 2021
    Love Cornell, but IDK how much of his post humous releases I'll be purchasing, for reasons I won't mention here.
    does it start with a V and end in an Icky?
    Edit: answered in private, don't want to have this thread shut down so deleted my question. 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    pjhawks said:
    Love Cornell, but IDK how much of his post humous releases I'll be purchasing, for reasons I won't mention here.
    does it start with a V and end in an Icky?
    so what is the deal with everyone hating on Vicky?  I honestly don't know the story and am curious to know.  I know she was interviewed on WMMR here in Philly about this album and she didn't seem off or crazy or anything.   

From what I understand, she has been legally trying to block the remaining members of Soundgarden from putting out the album they were working on prior to his death. I know Kim Thayil has been outspoken about it.