ROME VIDEO STREAM!

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,267
    Robbert said:
    Cant they just make a dvd of the show, the whole streaming crap is terrible. Useless if you dont have a apple tv or a new android/apple phone
    Watch it from your computer and use your tv as the monitor 
    I miss igotid88
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 588
    Robbert said:
    Cant they just make a dvd of the show, the whole streaming crap is terrible. Useless if you dont have a apple tv or a new android/apple phone
    I’m hoping Nugs will produce a physical copy. I’ve no interest in streaming.
  • Fantastic show!

In terms of watching on my tv, I’ve had the best luck with a desktop hard drive and an hdmi cable straight to my big screen. Visual and audio are fantastic.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    Robbert said:

A DVD would lower the quality, but I'd be ok with a bluray.

It would be nice if they made their android app work on all android devices (like firesticks).   It was mildly annoying having to use a browser to watch it, but it still worked. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    I cannot remember the last time I turned on my blue ray player.  It is 2020 and soon to be 2021.  DVD or Blue Ray is old school, now.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Doesn't need to be physical, I just want a way to own this for ever! I realise there's probably a time constraint to producing all of this, but how many of us would purchase downloads / access to video like this from the shows we saw? Presumably enough to make it worthwhile right?
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    Doesn't need to be physical, I just want a way to own this for ever! I realise there's probably a time constraint to producing all of this, but how many of us would purchase downloads / access to video like this from the shows we saw? Presumably enough to make it worthwhile right?
    This

• TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I cant find the code email.  Anyone else have this problem
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2020
    Try searching for the newsletter that announced the show (December I think?). The code is in there.

Just checked. It is in the December newsletter. Your personal code is in the directions on how to access the show.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    I cannot remember the last time I turned on my blue ray player.  It is 2020 and soon to be 2021.  DVD or Blue Ray is old school, now.
    Agree, but 4K uhd Blu-ray’s are pretty awesome for sure.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    I dug it out on Christmas Eve so I could watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation with all the curses. Don’t know how long it had been before that - perhaps one year exactly. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    I still have boxes of movies on VHS.  Worthless, right now.  Perhaps they will come back for some reason and I can sell the lot of them for ten bucks.  :lol:
    I still have boxes of movies on VHS.  Worthless, right now.  Perhaps they will come back for some reason and I can sell the lot of them for ten bucks.  :lol:
    Nah, they’ll just start repressing all the movies with different color plastic and your old ones will still be worthless. 
    Hahaha.  Truth 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
    I have a few prerecorded movies on VHS, but what I mainly have are VHS tapes where I taped cool things off the TV. I think I have some of Live Aid, I have PJ Unplugged, I have various musicians that I love on Letterman, etc. I may have Pearl Jam on SNL in 1994. Of course, all of this is now on YouTube. I really should just toss those tapes out. I am a sentimental pack rat.

GlowGirl said:
    I have a few prerecorded movies on VHS, but what I mainly have are VHS tapes where I taped cool things off the TV. I think I have some of Live Aid, I have PJ Unplugged, I have various musicians that I love on Letterman, etc. I may have Pearl Jam on SNL in 1994. Of course, all of this is now on YouTube. I really should just toss those tapes out. I am a sentimental pack rat.

Tough gig in NYC!
    In the same way I like buying vinyl, I still like buying concerts and movies on optical disc.   I guess I'm old school.

Maybe they could just sell these streaming shows instead of renting them.   Put 'em up for sale in all the usual online video stores.   Amazon, Apple TV, Google Play, etc.. Then people can buy them from the digital store that works best for them?

Plus Nugs seems to use youtube for their video, which isn't the greatest quality.  Amazon would be a fair improvement :)
    At some point they may need to do a Neil Young type of thing. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Some would say they’ve been doing a Neil Young type of thing for 30 years now. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,229
    The stream on the nugs app on Apple TV is ridiculously good quality. There are two audio channels (both labeled English) so I switched it over to 5.1. Video is crisp as hell. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,229
    Definitely would be great if they put these shows up on the iTunes Store. $20 per show, collect them all. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
    tdawe said:
    igotid88 said:
    Some would say they’ve been doing a Neil Young type of thing for 30 years now. 
    I mean like his archive website
    I miss igotid88
    CO278952 said:
    The stream on the nugs app on Apple TV is ridiculously good quality. There are two audio channels (both labeled English) so I switched it over to 5.1. Video is crisp as hell. 

It's pretty good, but the video is fairly compressed.  If you have a bigger tv you can see it.  Especially in darker scenes.  But that's also me being picky and why I buy blurays and stuff :)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,478
    GlowGirl said:

Do the same thing with movies..must have over 150 taped from TV!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765

Amazon has been known to cut off access to stuff after people "buy" streaming versions.

They can't do so with physical.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 918
    Having watched the Rome concert all I can say is Mike McCready. No words for how talented that man is.i thought he hurt his hand after Comfortably Numb
     Hes incredible.  

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • eboweddie said:
    Having watched the Rome concert all I can say is Mike McCready. No words for how talented that man is.i thought he hurt his hand after Comfortably Numb
     Hes incredible.  
    I remember watching him on the screen at this show (from way back in the 10c seats) and turning to my wife multiple times to just say "wow". Rewatching him was my favourite part of the stream, incredible.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    eboweddie said:
     Hes incredible.  
    totally thought he hurt himself as well when watching the stream.  was a bit concerned seeing it
    Finally got around to watching it last night. I honestly can’t believe how beautifully it was shot. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    tdawe said:
    Finally got around to watching it last night. I honestly can’t believe how beautifully it was shot. 
    And edited! Props to Kevin Shuss!!! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore