Did you vote for Biden or against Trump?

I’m just wondering how many of us voted out of genuine support for Biden and how many of us were ready to vote for absolutely anyone to get Trump out.  I’m pretty convinced that the high voter turnout this election was because people were sick of Trump.  I’ll start, Biden wasn’t even a top 5 choice for me, but I cast a ballot for him because I really didn’t want 4 more years of trumplestiltskin.
Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden

Did you vote for Biden or against Trump? 14 votes

For Biden
42%
gimmesometruth27AllNiteThingmickeyratwhat dreamsBentleyspopbelthook 6 votes
Against Trump
57%
cincybearcatpjhawksMayDay10static111OnWis97jpgoegelF Me In The BrainJeBurkhardt 8 votes

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Against Trump
    It's almost like you need a scale
    • 100% for Biden
    • 75% for Biden
    • 50/50
    • 75% against Trump
    • 100% against Trump
    (I'm probably the highlighted line)

I clicked "against Trump" because I theory I could vote third* but would never do that with all that's going on now. I like Biden better than people and he and his team have done a great job of making him appear human/caring, etc. (which I believe he is). That said,he wasn't a great candidate by any stretch. His best years are way behind him and he has some skeletons in his closet regarding (particularly with crime and punishment). He also seemed like a desperation nomination because of his connection to Obama and because the Dems didn't really have any great options. This in itself is bothersome. I believe him that he wants to bring the country together and when that does not happen, it won't be his fault.

But between Trump's out-of-this-world awfulness and some of the things that make biden a "meh" candidate, I am closer to the "against Trump" end of the spectrum.

*Probably would not have anyway, given that nobody that interesting was running third.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, I'm about half and half...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Against Trump
    OnWis97 said:
    It's almost like you need a scale
    • 100% for Biden
    • 75% for Biden
    • 50/50
    • 75% against Trump
    • 100% against Trump
    (I'm probably the highlighted line)

I clicked "against Trump" because I theory I could vote third* but would never do that with all that's going on now. I like Biden better than people and he and his team have done a great job of making him appear human/caring, etc. (which I believe he is). That said,he wasn't a great candidate by any stretch. His best years are way behind him and he has some skeletons in his closet regarding (particularly with crime and punishment). He also seemed like a desperation nomination because of his connection to Obama and because the Dems didn't really have any great options. This in itself is bothersome. I believe him that he wants to bring the country together and when that does not happen, it won't be his fault.

But between Trump's out-of-this-world awfulness and some of the things that make biden a "meh" candidate, I am closer to the "against Trump" end of the spectrum.

*Probably would not have anyway, given that nobody that interesting was running third.
    Yeah I was only 75% against trump too, but I feel like anything over 50/50 makes you either or.  It’s not really a gray area.  Either you were more motivated because you liked Joe Biden or you got off your ass because you know how horrible 4 more years of Trump would get.  I can’t even understand 50/50.  Like 51/49 I can even understand.
    Scio me nihil scire

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    There needs to be a “100% for Harris” option. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I like Biden but I wasn’t excited to vote for him like I was with Clinton in ‘96 and Obama both times.   I guess for me it was 50/50.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Against Trump
    Against Trump but I don't hate what Biden stands for.
    I love it, in fact, in comparison to what the existing Republican party stands for.

Would have voted for an old, brown, shoe VS Trump.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankind said:
    There needs to be a “100% for Harris” option. 
    This... until she was added to the ticket, my vote was going against Trump. 

Once she was added, mine was an emphatic vote for her via Biden. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    Against Trump
    I put against Trump because I honestly can't think of one eligible American I would have chosen Trump over.   It would be very hard to find a worse human being and leader.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Against Trump
    I agree with the sliding scale thing.  

I was desperate to get Trump out of there and that is/was the most prevalent feeling.  I would have voted a large number of candidates, Democrat and Republican to save our country (I really fell like that was at stake).  I would have certainly voted Biden over other Republicans like Cruz, Rubio, Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, etc...  Would consider Kasich based on platform and VP.  

I agree with Biden and the Dem platform for the most part (versus pretty much no platform).  Biden was about my 3rd or 4th choice for the Dems though.  Looking back on it, Biden's demeanor and lack of providing red meat to be agitated about is probably what is needed though.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Against Trump
    MayDay10 said:

I was desperate to get Trump out of there and that is/was the most prevalent feeling.  I would have voted a large number of candidates, Democrat and Republican to save our country (I really fell like that was at stake).  I would have certainly voted Biden over other Republicans like Cruz, Rubio, Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, etc...  Would consider Kasich based on platform and VP.  

I agree with Biden and the Dem platform for the most part (versus pretty much no platform).  Biden was about my 3rd or 4th choice for the Dems though.  Looking back on it, Biden's demeanor and lack of providing red meat to be agitated about is probably what is needed though.
    That's another good question.
    Who would you have voted for Trump over? (Me: Nobody. There's no circumstance under which Trump would receive my vote)

or

Who, running against Trump, would have led you to vote third or not vote? (Me: No Dems I can think of. Probably just other Trump sycophants, which is most Republicans. But there are republicans I could vote fore under such an unrealistic circumstance).

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    For Biden
    i voted for biden in the primary before obama picked him as his running mate. i was proud to vote for him again this time in the general, though he was not my first choice. he was maybe my 7th choice this time around. but he earned my vote during the campaign. he seems like just a decent human being. shame that my threshold is so low these days.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Against Trump
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Who would you have voted for Trump over? (Me: Nobody. There's no circumstance under which Trump would receive my vote)

or

Who, running against Trump, would have led you to vote third or not vote? (Me: No Dems I can think of. Probably just other Trump sycophants, which is most Republicans. But there are republicans I could vote fore under such an unrealistic circumstance).

That’s a good point.  There weren’t any third parties that did it for me this year so I would definitely go lesser evil no matter what, one scenario that gets me to vote for Trump would have been if the only other choice was McConnell. McConnell is a plague and I can’t understand why he gets re-elected.
    Scio me nihil scire

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Against Trump
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

or

That’s a good point.  There weren’t any third parties that did it for me this year so I would definitely go lesser evil no matter what, one scenario that gets me to vote for Trump would have been if the only other choice was McConnell. McConnell is a plague and I can’t understand why he gets re-elected.
    Kentucky

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Against the idiot but I do like Biden but I would of voted for anyone going against the idiot! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....