Options

Happy Birthday MFC

densandensan Posts: 563
edited November 2020 in The Porch
Happy Bday to MFC the myth, the legend, and all around cool dude! Long may you run.....
Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
Post edited by densan on

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,527
    edited November 2020
    Ya. Thanks for Take the Long Way, Matty-boy.

All the best!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,950
    edited November 2020
    HAPPY birthday.  The machine that is MFC
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    this night i will never forget.  Matt handed me this all wrapped up in the  sweatband. 
    *not the ed pick. There  were 2 matt ones. And i gave one away. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    this night i will never forget.  Matt handed me this all wrapped up in the  sweatband. 
    I would have passed out. Had to be one of the best nights of your life. Gave one away is the ultimate passing it forward. Thank you for sharing. Extremely cool. So glad it was you!
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    densan said:
    I would have passed out. Had to be one of the best nights of your life. Gave one away is the ultimate passing it forward. Thank you for sharing. Extremely cool. So glad it was you!
    Ah man i have so many great stories of the  people i met and queued with and people who gave unreservedly to others. And i too pass a lot of this  forward. 
    I gave away the sticks i was given in Amsterdam  because  the lady behind me was so upset that i got 2 sticks. So i said here have one. But in essence  i remember  more  the friends  i made than the events themselves. 
    Happiness  is only real when shared
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I might  start a thread but i didn't  want  anyone  start  thinking im bragging not at all. 
    Just some amazing tales of chance and kindness. 
    I plan on giving more away because  when im gone. Its no good to my kids. People here really appreciate these things. Thats what counts.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I might  start a thread but i didn't  want  anyone  start  thinking im bragging not at all. 
    I plan on giving more away because  when im gone. Its no good to my kids. People here really appreciate these things. Thats what counts.

My dear friend  i met matt with .asked matt for his sweatband for ME. Not her. And he gave it to me. So selfless of my dear friend marta.
     Fast forward. I caught matts sweatband at a soundgarden gig and i posted it to marta  next day.  Passing on the kindness feels amazing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,792
    lastexitlondon. I'd love to hear it all. After a certain number of years it's no longer bragging. Just a bunch of rockers telling some stories. Haters gonna hate. Most of us just want to read about it and dream......
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Happy Birthday Matt! :joy:
    Matt Cameron Birthday GIF by Pearl Jam - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314

My dear friend  i met matt with .asked matt for his sweatband for ME. Not her. And he gave it to me. So selfless of my dear friend marta.
     Fast forward. I caught matts sweatband at a soundgarden gig and i posted it to marta  next day.  Passing on the kindness feels amazing
    This is really incredible and goes to show that good karma comes back around when it’s shared. Thanks for posting these pictures! I get giddy just LOOKING at Matt’s sticks. They must have some real magic in them. And that wristband...wow. Cool story, thanks for sharing. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    Some young lady must have read my post. She stole my thunder, and I did not get a reply from Matt. I will wait for my thank you Dennis. :)

Here is what Taylor Momsen said:

“Happy birthday to my man, the man, the myth, the legend that is Matt Cameron. Love you dude!”

Matt Cameron added this comment:

“Thank you, Taylor!”

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024