Options

Thread was closed because some people couldn’t handle it. Explanation of over reaching ideas.

2»

Comments

• Options
    CM189191 said:
    He gives his point of view at least this time with gives examples.

To tell you the truth I'd be exhausted trying to answer everyone too.

I'm a big 2A person and a 9mm that comes out of a glock is not the same as a 223 coming out of an AR.  It is true that they do want to ban all the cool stuff.
    Counterpoint: who cares?

I won't waste my time trying to convince trumpanzees why universal healthcare is good thing.

Leftists won this election.  It's time we acted like it, and implemented our ideas.
    Your statement is exactly why I hate politics right now.  Zero back and forth and just screaming or ramming down the ideologue down the others throat.

I do spend a lot of time explaining why universal healthcare is good for everyone though.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CM189191 said:

I'm a big 2A person and a 9mm that comes out of a glock is not the same as a 223 coming out of an AR.  It is true that they do want to ban all the cool stuff.

I won't waste my time trying to convince trumpanzees why universal healthcare is good thing.

Leftists won this election.  It's time we acted like it, and implemented our ideas.
    Your statement is exactly why I hate politics right now.  Zero back and forth and just screaming or ramming down the ideologue down the others throat.

I do spend a lot of time explaining why universal healthcare is good for everyone though.
    I go back and forth on this, but today I'm here:

I'll see your "fuck your feelings" and raise you a "you lost". 

(not you personally, obviously). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    CM189191 said:

There was back and forth.  That ended November 3rd.  Biden is President-Elect.  Democrats retained the House.  And D's have a shot at winning the Senate.  The people have spoken.  Democrat get to set the agenda.  No more back and forth, only moving forward.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,687
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

There was back and forth.  That ended November 3rd.  Biden is President-Elect.  Democrats retained the House.  And D's have a shot at winning the Senate.  The people have spoken.  Democrat get to set the agenda.  No more back and forth, only moving forward.

it wasn't the "leftists" who won. It was a center-left politician.

lost seats in the house.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

it wasn't the "leftists" who won. It was a center-left politician.

lost seats in the house.
    Don’t give credence to the bogeyman definition of leftist. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,625
    CM189191 said:

I'm happy to debate real points, including the difference between a 9, 44, 45, 357 and a 223.  Because they are different and should be treated differently.  However, this post started with a scattershot of harebrained stream of consciousness.  He jumps from minimum wage to progressive tax theory and everything in between.  I know he claims he is successful, but most successful people can write an organized paragraph.  Again, happy to have real debates about real issues.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

I'm happy to debate real points, including the difference between a 9, 44, 45, 357 and a 223.  Because they are different and should be treated differently.  However, this post started with a scattershot of harebrained stream of consciousness.  He jumps from minimum wage to progressive tax theory and everything in between.  I know he claims he is successful, but most successful people can write an organized paragraph.  Again, happy to have real debates about real issues.  
    Just admit it man...this thread was closed because YOU couldn't handle it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Was it closed,  cleaned and reopened?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Was it closed,  cleaned and reopened?
    Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat’s ass? Probably. But ask his long haired hippy Manhattan doctor because TTTTC’s ass was spewing diarrhea today. SPEW ING! There might not be any cleaning of that waste pipe of a party.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    People might be surprised to learn that the OP argument is the same BS I hear right here in Alberta all.the.time. There are Trump fans here and it’s downright sickening. 
    Conservatism generally sticks specifically to economics although there are a few anti-abortion billboards in the southern-Alberta Bible Belt. Lots of Mormons down there. 
  • Options
    People might be surprised to learn that the OP argument is the same BS I hear right here in Alberta all.the.time. There are Trump fans here and it’s downright sickening. 
    Conservatism generally sticks specifically to economics although there are a few anti-abortion billboards in the southern-Alberta Bible Belt. Lots of Mormons down there. 
    my cousin is from saskatchewan. grew up with a silver spoon, highly religious (his father is the trump fan in my family). his wife is from alberta. i made some "fuck the oil industry" post on facebook a few years back and she was NOT HAPPY. her whole family comes from the fields. they seem to think that the oil industry is the be all end all of existence. 

they make shit tonnes of money and hate the idea of sharing with the rest of canada but when the industry suffers all of a sudden they're looking for handouts from the rest of us. 

maybe sell a few of your fleet of pickups and you should be ok. 

those that brag about how much money they make without a degree are all of sudden terrified and angry at the prospect of being without a job and no education to fall back on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    my cousin is from saskatchewan. grew up with a silver spoon, highly religious (his father is the trump fan in my family). his wife is from alberta. i made some "fuck the oil industry" post on facebook a few years back and she was NOT HAPPY. her whole family comes from the fields. they seem to think that the oil industry is the be all end all of existence. 

they make shit tonnes of money and hate the idea of sharing with the rest of canada but when the industry suffers all of a sudden they're looking for handouts from the rest of us. 

those that brag about how much money they make without a degree are all of sudden terrified and angry at the prospect of being without a job and no education to fall back on. 
    Does having a formal education even matter? Many without one have fared from okay to fantastic, economy notwithstanding. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Does having a formal education even matter? Many without one have fared from okay to fantastic, economy notwithstanding. 
    it's the attitude of those I've come across who work "in the fields". they mock those who "waste their time" going to school when they are making 6 figures in their early 20's, then turn around and cry when they realize they have nothing to fall back on. 

I'm not mocking the poorly educated. I'm one of them. I'm mocking the idiots who brag about it and then come to realize making tones of cash without a backup is risky. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonist said:

it's the attitude of those I've come across who work "in the fields". they mock those who "waste their time" going to school when they are making 6 figures in their early 20's, then turn around and cry when they realize they have nothing to fall back on. 

I'm not mocking the poorly educated. I'm one of them. I'm mocking the idiots who brag about it and then come to realize making tones of cash without a backup is risky. 
    This is why you go to college, and what it's worth.  Note the massive separation by education level during the economic crisis of 2009 and today. Not having a college degree makes your risk at unemployment much higher and you're much more sensitive to macro-economic changes. 

• Options

I think the biggest problem with most people is how we label ourselves. Remember in the early 90s the bands would cringe when the word grunge was used? They didn’t want to be labelled.... and I could understand why.  You are an artist, your music is different than your contemporaries and you don’t want to be lumped together under some umbrella that’s easier to market and sell. 

Humans in general don’t seem to look at this like artists do.  I tend to think of myself as a human who won the birth-lottery and was born in Canada and that happened to be near Jasper National Park in the province of Alberta.  Of everywhere in the world I could have been born... I mean, how fortunate. 
    Many Albertans identify themselves as Albertans and conservatives and that it is some sort of birth-right they have and people with liberal
    ideals will take away all their “human rights”. This oil is ours and screw Ottawa (all other Canadians essentially) for not thanking us for the transfer payments we sent from the sheer luck of having plenty of this natural resource. This is stuff geologically created over the billions of years in the earth... long before any of us. 

So as soon as you label yourself you have lumped yourself together and are now easier to market and sell. The politicians aren’t stupid. Kenney is just the latest example of political-opportunism in this province. Shows up from federal politics with his blue dodge pickup and let’s everyone know he is going to “save the day”.  Essentially, Kenney is about as Trump-like as a Canadian can get. He could easily have worn a blue and yellow MAGA hat. (Make Alberta Great Again).  And this is the mentality I discussed earlier and what you described with your wife and in-laws. 

I voted NDP the last election. I like Rachel Notley. I’ve also voted Conservative, Liberal, Reform Party, and Wild Rose Alliance in my lifetime. 
    As I get older, I am learning one thing...I don’t  trust people who are resistant to change. They are generally selfish people who want to keep others down so they can succeed.  

• Options

I think the biggest problem with most people is how we label ourselves. Remember in the early 90s the bands would cringe when the word grunge was used? They didn’t want to be labelled.... and I could understand why.  You are an artist, your music is different than your contemporaries and you don’t want to be lumped together under some umbrella that’s easier to market and sell. 

Humans in general don’t seem to look at this like artists do.  I tend to think of myself as a human who won the birth-lottery and was born in Canada and that happened to be near Jasper National Park in the province of Alberta.  Of everywhere in the world I could have been born... I mean, how fortunate. 
    Many Albertans identify themselves as Albertans and conservatives and that it is some sort of birth-right they have and people with liberal
    ideals will take away all their “human rights”. This oil is ours and screw Ottawa (all other Canadians essentially) for not thanking us for the transfer payments we sent from the sheer luck of having plenty of this natural resource. This is stuff geologically created over the billions of years in the earth... long before any of us. 

So as soon as you label yourself you have lumped yourself together and are now easier to market and sell. The politicians aren’t stupid. Kenney is just the latest example of political-opportunism in this province. Shows up from federal politics with his blue dodge pickup and let’s everyone know he is going to “save the day”.  Essentially, Kenney is about as Trump-like as a Canadian can get. He could easily have worn a blue and yellow MAGA hat. (Make Alberta Great Again).  And this is the mentality I discussed earlier and what you described with your wife and in-laws. 

I voted NDP the last election. I like Rachel Notley. I’ve also voted Conservative, Liberal, Reform Party, and Wild Rose Alliance in my lifetime. 
    As I get older, I am learning one thing...I don’t  trust people who are resistant to change. They are generally selfish people who want to keep others down so they can succeed.  

to be clear....not my wife. my cousin and his wife and his parents. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    She was the one that got mad at you for posting what you did. A silencer is complicit in my books 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2020
    No offence to her or you of course... I’m sure she is a great person and probably was mad only because they would be offended. 
    But you probably don’t post like that anymore and thus have been silenced... because she got mad. 

It’s sad because your points are valid. 
  • Options
    i honestly don't know what you're talking about. i never mentioned my wife. she's never been on facebook and doesn't know what i post. it was my cousin's wife. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I misread/misunderstood your story.  In my brain it was your wife who got mad and not your cousin’s wife.  I reread your post. 
    Touché. 

• Options
    I misread/misunderstood your story.  In my brain it was your wife who got mad and not your cousin’s wife.  I reread your post. 
    Touché. 

fair enough. it happens!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD