Options

How Ticketmaster Plans to Check Your Vaccine Status for Concerts: Exclusive

2»

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    There will be a new added COVID surcharge fee on top of the other bullshit service and handling fee...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,147
    Absolutely 100% opposed to this BS. COVID-1984. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,580
    edited November 2020

"I too am wary about big business knowing too much about me."

(updates applicable social media status accordingly, sits back & waits for likes & interactions) 

I agree that in the next year or two there are going to be many industries asking you to agree to their terms and prove vaccination status. I feel like it's almost the only way we'll get things like concerts back in the short term.

& if you agree to disclose it, isn't hipaa out the window?

• Options
    There's one thing I remember is
    This tear on your bare shoulder
    This little silver boulder
    This slowly falling star
    We're rolling, so what?
    Never getting older where the moonshocked curtains part
    The start of enough
    A teardrop, then a vaccination scar
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    I don’t think we’re having large concerts again until well into 2022 & when it happens, it won’t be like it was before 2020, probably for a very, very long time. PJ should look at what Foo Fighters & Metallica are doing. All the bitching about shipping prices and merch, bet they have a killer CenturyLink internet package powering PJ HQ. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    I don’t think we’re having large concerts again until well into 2022 & when it happens, it won’t be like it was before 2020, probably for a very, very long time. PJ should look at what Foo Fighters & Metallica are doing. All the bitching about shipping prices and merch, bet they have a killer CenturyLink internet package powering PJ HQ. 

I think I'm a little more optomisic.  You might have enough people vaccinated to slowly startup the concert industry in the back half of 2021, but a la the screening people who test negative or have a vaccine to attend.

I have to assume once we get deep into 2022 that most people that want to be vaccinated will be vaccinated.  At that point what's going to look different at concerts?  I assume it's going to be a little weird going to to something with that many people after spending a few years social distancing.. but I like to think we'll get back in the full swing of it?
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,225
    Since I have trusted science to tell me to wear a mask, and that made everything better, I think I will trust science,and the band, and ticketmaster to tell me whether or not to get the vaccine to see one of their shows.  It only makes sense.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    Since I have trusted science to tell me to wear a mask, and that made everything better, I think I will trust science,and the band, and ticketmaster to tell me whether or not to get the vaccine to see one of their shows.  It only makes sense.
    The mask thing was to slow down the spread of the virus, not eliminate it.  All it does is reduces how far out you spew fluids when you talk/breathe.

I'm of the opposite mind.  There's no chance I go to a concert unless I've had a vaccine and/or I already had Covid19.  The last thing I want to do is go to something where it could spread like wildfire.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Zod said:
    TA243471 said:
    The mask thing was to slow down the spread of the virus, not eliminate it.  All it does is reduces how far out you spew fluids when you talk/breathe.

I'm of the opposite mind.  There's no chance I go to a concert unless I've had a vaccine and/or I already had Covid19.  The last thing I want to do is go to something where it could spread like wildfire.

Ah, like the Philly Pflu back in 2009?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Zod said:
    TA243471 said:

Ah, like the Philly Pflu back in 2009?
    Actually the last really bad cold I had I got from the Pemberton '16 show.   I often refer to it as the Pemberton Plague :)
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    I've said it from the beginnig, that you should get some kind of certificate with a personal code if you take the vaccine. With that code you'll be able to buy concert tickets, flight tickets etc.
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    JABK said:
    I've said it from the beginnig, that you should get some kind of certificate with a personal code if you take the vaccine. With that code you'll be able to buy concert tickets, flight tickets etc.
    All we need is an app.  Scan it upon entry just like a ticket that shows your vaccinated.  For the people without smart phones a laminated card should suffice.
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    jefft said:
    JABK said:
    All we need is an app.  Scan it upon entry just like a ticket that shows your vaccinated.  For the people without smart phones a laminated card should suffice.
    Brilliant! Problem solved.
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    There is no easy answer to this and I totally understand people's apprehension about even more of their information than usual being in the hands of companies and agencies but I just cant imagine wanting to go to a space that is tightly packed with 15k-50k people that potentially haven't been vaccinated.  There has to be some reasonable middle ground between big brother and the anti-mask/vaxx yokels where we can all be safe and do the things we love. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,627
    If I’m vaccinated I’m not too worried about others not being. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,009
    ComeToTX said:
    If I’m vaccinated I’m not too worried about others not being. 
    Same if the 95% is true. Those numbers will get us close to herd immunity even when you take into account the anti vaxxers. 
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,844
    PP193448 said:
    There will be a new added COVID surcharge fee on top of the other bullshit service and handling fee...
     =)  =)=)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    One issue that I don’t think has been raised so far - suppose shows start up before everyone has had their turn come up to be offered a vaccine - is it fair to deny access to people who haven’t had the opportunity for the vaccine (distinct from those who have chosen not to have it)?

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    One issue that I don’t think has been raised so far - suppose shows start up before everyone has had their turn come up to be offered a vaccine - is it fair to deny access to people who haven’t had the opportunity for the vaccine (distinct from those who have chosen not to have it)?

That would be a tough one.  I'm guessing the venues/promoter/bands wouldn't want to take legal responsibility if covid19 spread around the venue.  The more people that haven't had it, the more it would spread, and the more lawsuits they might face?
  • Options
    Would they face a lawsuit tho? Would be a fairly simple process - albeit an annoying one - to get attendees to sign a waiver acknowledging that they accept personal responsibility should they fall ill. Have to sign the same things whenever I've gone paint balling etc.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512

AXS Says Concert Tickets Should Not Rely on Covid Testing

“We haven’t been convinced that it’s effective from a safety standpoint. People can get infected in the last 48 hours. People can get false negatives,” says Bryan Perez, CEO of the AEG-owned ticketing company