Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

At least she wasn’t indicted on four counts of election fraud.

and 40 other felony counts . and 33 other felony counts related to her business.....
    And been found civilly liable for a sexual assault.

rape. the judge said rape....
    True enough. 
    Kamala sucks and everyone knows it. Sorry your TDS is so bad that you can't even accept the facts for facts without somehow bringing Trump into every conversation. That is ridiculous. 

I don't think Kamala Harris sucks.  I think she is doing a decent job.  But if everybody knows she sucks, I must be a nobody. 
    I suddenly feel strangely disembodied. 
    Best Guy Disappears GIFs  Gfycat

Haha, you always pull out some good gifs.  

They're the gifs that keep on giffing.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

and 40 other felony counts . and 33 other felony counts related to her business.....

True enough. 
    Kamala sucks and everyone knows it. Sorry your TDS is so bad that you can't even accept the facts for facts without somehow bringing Trump into every conversation. That is ridiculous. 

No conservative friends joining us today?

Maybe they are “too honest.”
    Maybe they actually work for a living?
    You mean like all of us?
    You all sit on this message board ALL DAY long. That's why you all have 10, 20, 30,000 posts. 

24/7/365  
    I never sleep.  What's my secret?  Not telling!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:

Indicting Trump is forcing the Republican party to unite which can be powerful. Hopefully your indictments stand up because if they don't, that could open the eyes of independents and they would either sit this election out or vote for Trump because they see how ridiculously hard the left keeps trying to take Trump down but can't ever get that task accomplished. 

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/exclusive-about-half-of-us-republicans-could-spurn-trump-if-he-is-convicted-reuters-ipsos

EXCLUSIVE-About half of US Republicans could spurn Trump if he is convicted -Reuters/Ipsos poll

Credit: REUTERS/SARAH SILBIGER

August 03, 2023 — 02:26 pm EDT

Written by Jason Lange for Reuters ->

By Jason Lange

WASHINGTON, Aug 3 (Reuters) - About half of Republicans would not vote for Donald Trump if he were convicted of a felony, a sign of the severe risks his legal problems pose for his 2024 U.S. presidential bid, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that closed on Thursday.

The former president and current front-runner in the Republican nomination contest for the November 2024 presidential election, Trump is due to appear in court on Thursday to face federal charges he led a conspiracy to overturn his loss in the 2020 election.

He has separately been charged in two other criminal cases: one in a New York state court which revolves around hush money payments to an adult film actress; and another in federal court where he is charged with retaining sensitive and classified national security documents after he left office in January 2021.

The two-day Reuters/Ipsos poll asked respondents if they would vote for Trump for president next year if he were "convicted of a felony crime by a jury." Among Republicans, 45% said they would not vote for him, more than the 35% who said they would. The rest said they didn't know.

Asked if they would vote for Trump if he were "currently serving time in prison," 52% of Republicans said they would not, compared to 28% who said they would.

Trump has proclaimed his innocence in all the cases against him and accuses prosecutors of conducting a "witch hunt" that aims to derail his campaign.

Two of the cases were brought by the U.S. Department of Justice, which ultimately answers to Trump's nemesis, Democratic President Joe Biden, but which has taken steps to insulate investigations from political influence. The New York state case is led by a prosecutor who is an elected Democrat.

The new poll showed that Republicans broadly sympathize with Trump's accusations of political persecution. Seventy-five percent of Republican respondents agreed with a statement that the charges against Trump were "politically motivated." Twenty percent disagreed and the rest said they didn't know.

About two-thirds of Republicans - 66% - described as "not believable" the accusation in Trump's latest indictment that he solicited election fraud. Twenty-nine percent said it was believable and the rest were not sure.

Republican respondents also described themselves as more likely to withhold their votes on Election Day from an unnamed convicted felon than one named Donald Trump. When asked how a felony conviction would affect their voting in an abstract sense, 71% of Republicans said they would not vote for the convict, compared to 52% if it were Trump.

Trump has capitalized on his indictments since the first charges were filed in April, increasing his lead in the Republican nomination contest over his closest rival, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

The new poll showed Trump's dominance only growing in that contest, holding onto the 47% of Republican support he also had in a July poll, while DeSantis' share slipped six percentage points to 13%.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted nationwide, gathering responses online from 1,005 U.S. adults. It had a credibility interval, a measure of precision, of about four percentage points.

They would vote for him again to own the libs and it wouldn't surprise me

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    brianlux said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:

True enough. 

I don't think Kamala Harris sucks.  I think she is doing a decent job.  But if everybody knows she sucks, I must be a nobody. 
    I suddenly feel strangely disembodied. 
    Best Guy Disappears GIFs  Gfycat

What has Kamala accomplished? She was put in charge of the border. How's that going? Every poll that I've ever seen on Kamala in negative. She can't speak in public without constantly fumbling over her words and repeating herself. 

Pence was about as worthless as she is as VP but at least he could speak without embarrassing himself and the country like she does.

Illegal border crossings dip to lowest level in over 2 years

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/18/illegal-border-crossings-drop-00106934

Decrease in border crossings hasn’t slowed Republican criticism

Border agents have reported a drop in encounters, as House Republicans start investigation into DHS secretary over immigration

https://rollcall.com/2023/06/21/decrease-in-border-crossings-hasnt-slowed-republican-criticism/
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/01/adams-migrants-images-biden-00109223

Adams warned Biden there was no room for migrants. Now they’re sleeping on the sidewalk.

You asked how the border was going and I answered; now you're shifting gears. Typical. 

You live in a world of endless disinformation and constant rage. How are you not exhausted from it all? 
    As a whole, the border is still a mess. That's great it's the lowest it's been in 2 years but it is still unsustainable at the current levels. Is this endless disinformation? 
    What’s a sustainable level then? 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB got tired of trying to find dirt on Biden so now he’s onto KH! Who’s next Jill Biden 😂😂😂 
    Three tres Trois indictments! Four Cuatro Quatre coming next! 
    Anyone other than thrice indicted former president and maga front runner, it would appear. 
    There's plenty of that going on from the usual group that hang out here. Thrice indicted, still standing and gaining popularity. 
    He is gaining popularity with the republican base.  You're not winning elections with that.  Just look at 2022 mid terms.  The Republicans got creamed in state wide races.  His candidates in particular underperformed.  Being indicted 3x isn't bringing over people who didn't support him in 2020 or his endorsed candidates in 2022

Indicting Trump is forcing the Republican party to unite which can be powerful. Hopefully your indictments stand up because if they don't, that could open the eyes of independents and they would either sit this election out or vote for Trump because they see how ridiculously hard the left keeps trying to take Trump down but can't ever get that task accomplished. 
    Even if Trump was somehow in prison by early next year, he’d still get nominated. There is no “taking Trump down” in the eyes of over half of the republicans. They’ll elevate him to martyr status. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532

so the magats are having a field day with this...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    https://uproxx.com/viral/fox-news-mad-joe-biden-dark-brandon/

Fox News Is So Very Mad That Joe Biden Is Selling ‘Dark Brandon’ Merch

Most Popular Movie Articles
    Pause
    Next video
    0:02 / 1:00
    Full-screen

Remember “Let’s go Brandon”? It was the right’s classy way of hurling an f-word at Joe Biden without actually saying it. One of them even did it over the phone to him, during a children’s Christmas broadcast. Eventually the Biden team was able to co-opt it, turning it into “Dark Brandon,” which was used any time the president did something badass, like helping the nations core low unemployment numbers. He’s even been selling “Dark Brandon” merch. His latest item is a “Dark Brandon” coffee mug, which drove Fox News crazy.

Late last week, the Biden team dropped a video of the president drinking from a mug bearing a “Dark Brandon” logo and the numbers “2024.” After taking a sip, he says, “I like my coffee dark.” Those mugs are now for sale on Biden’s campaign site.

That triggered multiple Fox News hosts.

“Dark Brandon is not funny!” declared Julie Banderas. “I mean, that’s actually a really dark joke at the expense of the American public. Like, I don’t think it’s funny. And Brandon is not a compliment. So, to— that’s all he’s got to go on? Take the worst insult that he’s adopted through his presidency and make something of it?”

On The Five, Jesse Watters sort of, not really championed the merchandise. “It’s funny because he is a dark guy,” Watters said. “He’s a nasty guy. He’s arresting his rival. And he’s been shaking down Chinese and Ukrainian executives for years and hiding it. He’s nasty to his family and to his grand-daughter. He’s a nasty guy. He calls people white supremacists.”

A lot of what Watters said was conspiracy theories or private family matters. He then went on to claim Barack Obama, who’s vowed to start helping Biden’s re-election campaign starting in the fall, hate each other. “He only chose Biden as VP because he was a white guy who had foreign policy chops and knew his way around Washington, to balance that ticket,” Watters claimed. He also said that Obama would “laugh at him behind his back.”

“Let’s go Brandon” emerged in late 2021, when Trump folk dreamed up a way to say “F*ck Joe Biden” without really saying it. The phrase eventually went out of favor. But it lives on as “Dark Brandon,” which must make all its original users hopping mad.

(Via Mediaite)

www.myspace.com

Pause
    Next video
    Full-screen

Remember “Let’s go Brandon”? It was the right’s classy way of hurling an f-word at Joe Biden without actually saying it. One of them even did it over the phone to him, during a children’s Christmas broadcast. Eventually the Biden team was able to co-opt it, turning it into “Dark Brandon,” which was used any time the president did something badass, like helping the nations core low unemployment numbers. He’s even been selling “Dark Brandon” merch. His latest item is a “Dark Brandon” coffee mug, which drove Fox News crazy.

Late last week, the Biden team dropped a video of the president drinking from a mug bearing a “Dark Brandon” logo and the numbers “2024.” After taking a sip, he says, “I like my coffee dark.” Those mugs are now for sale on Biden’s campaign site.

“Dark Brandon is not funny!” declared Julie Banderas. “I mean, that’s actually a really dark joke at the expense of the American public. Like, I don’t think it’s funny. And Brandon is not a compliment. So, to— that’s all he’s got to go on? Take the worst insult that he’s adopted through his presidency and make something of it?”

On The Five, Jesse Watters sort of, not really championed the merchandise. “It’s funny because he is a dark guy,” Watters said. “He’s a nasty guy. He’s arresting his rival. And he’s been shaking down Chinese and Ukrainian executives for years and hiding it. He’s nasty to his family and to his grand-daughter. He’s a nasty guy. He calls people white supremacists.”

A lot of what Watters said was conspiracy theories or private family matters. He then went on to claim Barack Obama, who’s vowed to start helping Biden’s re-election campaign starting in the fall, hate each other. “He only chose Biden as VP because he was a white guy who had foreign policy chops and knew his way around Washington, to balance that ticket,” Watters claimed. He also said that Obama would “laugh at him behind his back.”

“Let’s go Brandon” emerged in late 2021, when Trump folk dreamed up a way to say “F*ck Joe Biden” without really saying it. The phrase eventually went out of favor. But it lives on as “Dark Brandon,” which must make all its original users hopping mad.

(Via Mediaite)

I hope he starts selling Let's Go Brandon 2024 shirts and bumper stickers!  All those losers will have to take off their bumper stickers and flags, or else just be providing free advertising.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:

Pause
    Next video
    Full-screen

(Via Mediaite)

I hope he starts selling Let's Go Brandon 2024 shirts and bumper stickers!  All those losers will have to take off their bumper stickers and flags, or else just be providing free advertising.
    I would totally be behind that. Actually want that stupid mug now. 
    www.myspace.com

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    What did he know that they had to silence!   We deserve answers!
    Scio me nihil scire

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,215
    static111 said:
    What did he know that they had to silence!   We deserve answers!
    He’ll be a true patriot to the MAGA deplorable’s just like Babbitt or dirt bag Rittenhouse 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited August 2023
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

^
    Not necessarily the threatening stuff, but that incoherent nonsense sure seems a whole lot more familiar nowadays compared to before....
    www.myspace.com

Biden issues an executive order restricting US investments in Chinese technology
    By JOSH BOAK
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden signed an executive order Wednesday to block and regulate high-tech U.S.-based investments going toward China — a move the administration said was targeted but it also reflected an intensifying competition between the world's two biggest powers.

The order covers advanced computer chips, micro electronics, quantum information technologies and artificial intelligence. Senior administration officials said that the effort stemmed from national security goals rather than economic interests, and that the categories it covered were intentionally narrow in scope. The order seeks to blunt China's ability to use U.S. investments in its technology companies to upgrade its military while also preserving broader levels of trade that are vital for both nations' economies.

The Chinese Ministry of Commerce responded in a statement early Thursday that it has “serious concern” about the order and “reserves the right to take measures.”

The United States and China appear to be increasingly locked in a geopolitical competition with a conflicting set of values. Biden administration officials have insisted that they have no interest in “decoupling” from China, yet the U.S. also has limited the export of advanced computer chips and kept the expanded tariffs set up by President Donald Trump. And in its response, China accused the U.S. of “using the cover of ‘risk reduction’ to carry out ‘decoupling and chain-breaking.’” China has engaged in crackdowns on foreign companies.

Biden has suggested that China's economy is struggling and its global ambitions have been tempered as the U.S. has reenergized its alliances with Japan, South Korea, Australia and the European Union. The administration consulted with allies and industry in shaping the executive order.

“Worry about China, but don’t worry about China,” Biden told donors at a June fundraising event in California.

The officials previewing the order said that China has exploited U.S. investments to support the development of weapons and modernize its military. The new limits were tailored not to disrupt China's economy, but they would complement the export controls on advanced computer chips from last year that led to pushback by Chinese officials. The Treasury Department, which would monitor the investments, will announce a proposed rulemaking with definitions that would conform to the presidential order and go through a public comment process.

The goals of the order would be to have investors notify the U.S. government about certain types of transactions with China as well as to place prohibitions on some investments. Officials said the order is focused on areas such as private equity, venture capital and joint partnerships in which the investments could possibly give countries of concern such as China additional knowledge and military capabilities.

J. Philip Ludvigson, a lawyer and former Treasury official, said the order was an initial framework that could be expanded over time.

“The executive order issued today really represents the start of a conversation between the U.S. government and industry regarding the details of the ultimate screening regime," Ludvigson said. “While the executive order is limited initially to semiconductors and microelectronics, quantum information technologies, and artificial intelligence, it explicitly provides for a future broadening to other sectors."

The issue is also a bipartisan priority. In July by a vote of 91-6, the Senate added as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act requirements to monitor and limit investments in countries of concern, including China.

Yet reaction to Biden's order on Wednesday showed a desire to push harder on China. Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, D-Ill., said the order was an “essential step forward," but it “cannot be the final step.” Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Biden should been more aggressive, saying, “we have to stop all U.S. investment in China’s critical technology and military companies — period.”

Biden has called Chinese President Xi Jinping a “dictator” in the aftermath of the U.S. shooting down a spy balloon from China that floated over the United States. Taiwan's status has been a source of tension, with Biden saying that China had become coercive regarding its independence.

China has supported Russia after its 2022 invasion of Ukraine, though Biden has noted that the friendship has not extended to the shipment of weapons.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce said it met a number of times with the White House and federal agencies as the order was being prepared and said its goal during the comment period will be “to ensure the measure is targeted and administrable.”

U.S. officials have long signaled the coming executive order on investing in China, but it's unclear whether financial markets will regard it as a tapered step or a continued escalation of tensions at a fragile moment.

“The message it sends to the market may be far more decisive,” said Elaine Dezenski, a senior director at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. "U.S. and multinational companies are already reexamining the risks of investing in China. Beijing’s so-called ‘national security’ and ‘anti-espionage’ laws that curb routine and necessary corporate due diligence and compliance were already having a chilling effect on U.S. foreign direct investment. That chilling now risks turning into a deep freeze.”

In its statement, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce said the executive order “seriously deviates from the market economy and fair competition principles the United States has always advocated. It affects the normal business decisions of enterprises, disrupts the international economic and trade order and seriously disrupts the security of global industrial and supply chains.”

China's strong economic growth has stumbled coming out of pandemic lockdowns. On Wednesday, its National Bureau of Statistics reported a 0.3% decline in consumer prices in July from a year ago. That level of deflation points to a lack of consumer demand in China that could hamper growth.

Separately, foreign direct investment into China fell 89% from a year earlier in the second quarter of this year to $4.9 billion, according to data released by the State Administration of Foreign Exchange.

Most foreign investment is believed to be brought in by Chinese companies and disguised as foreign money to get tax breaks and other benefits, according to Chinese researchers.

However, foreign business groups say global companies also are shifting investment plans to other economies.

Foreign companies have lost confidence in China following tighter security controls and a lack of action on reform promises. Calls by Xi and other leaders for more economic self-reliance have left investors uneasy about their future in the state-dominated economy.

___

AP reporter Joe McDonald contributed to this report from Beijing.

mickeyrat said:

Biden issues an executive order restricting US investments in Chinese technology
    By JOSH BOAK
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (gAP) — President Joe Biden signed an executive order Wednesday to block and regulate high-tech U.S.-based investments going toward China — a move the administration said was targeted but it also reflected an intensifying competition between the world's two biggest powers.

The order covers advanced computer chips, micro electronics, quantum information technologies and artificial intelligence. Senior administration officials said that the effort stemmed from national security goals rather than economic interests, and that the categories it covered were intentionally narrow in scope. The order seeks to blunt China's ability to use U.S. investments in its technology companies to upgrade its military while also preserving broader levels of trade that are vital for both nations' economies.

The Chinese Ministry of Commerce responded in a statement early Thursday that it has “serious concern” about the order and “reserves the right to take measures.”

The United States and China appear to be increasingly locked in a geopolitical competition with a conflicting set of values. Biden administration officials have insisted that they have no interest in “decoupling” from China, yet the U.S. also has limited the export of advanced computer chips and kept the expanded tariffs set up by President Donald Trump. And in its response, China accused the U.S. of “using the cover of ‘risk reduction’ to carry out ‘decoupling and chain-breaking.’” China has engaged in crackdowns on foreign companies.

Biden has suggested that China's economy is struggling and its global ambitions have been tempered as the U.S. has reenergized its alliances with Japan, South Korea, Australia and the European Union. The administration consulted with allies and industry in shaping the executive order.

“Worry about China, but don’t worry about China,” Biden told donors at a June fundraising event in California.

The officials previewing the order said that China has exploited U.S. investments to support the development of weapons and modernize its military. The new limits were tailored not to disrupt China's economy, but they would complement the export controls on advanced computer chips from last year that led to pushback by Chinese officials. The Treasury Department, which would monitor the investments, will announce a proposed rulemaking with definitions that would conform to the presidential order and go through a public comment process.

The goals of the order would be to have investors notify the U.S. government about certain types of transactions with China as well as to place prohibitions on some investments. Officials said the order is focused on areas such as private equity, venture capital and joint partnerships in which the investments could possibly give countries of concern such as China additional knowledge and military capabilities.

J. Philip Ludvigson, a lawyer and former Treasury official, said the order was an initial framework that could be expanded over time.

“The executive order issued today really represents the start of a conversation between the U.S. government and industry regarding the details of the ultimate screening regime," Ludvigson said. “While the executive order is limited initially to semiconductors and microelectronics, quantum information technologies, and artificial intelligence, it explicitly provides for a future broadening to other sectors."

The issue is also a bipartisan priority. In July by a vote of 91-6, the Senate added as an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act requirements to monitor and limit investments in countries of concern, including China.

Yet reaction to Biden's order on Wednesday showed a desire to push harder on China. Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, D-Ill., said the order was an “essential step forward," but it “cannot be the final step.” Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Biden should been more aggressive, saying, “we have to stop all U.S. investment in China’s critical technology and military companies — period.”

Biden has called Chinese President Xi Jinping a “dictator” in the aftermath of the U.S. shooting down a spy balloon from China that floated over the United States. Taiwan's status has been a source of tension, with Biden saying that China had become coercive regarding its independence.

China has supported Russia after its 2022 invasion of Ukraine, though Biden has noted that the friendship has not extended to the shipment of weapons.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce said it met a number of times with the White House and federal agencies as the order was being prepared and said its goal during the comment period will be “to ensure the measure is targeted and administrable.”

U.S. officials have long signaled the coming executive order on investing in China, but it's unclear whether financial markets will regard it as a tapered step or a continued escalation of tensions at a fragile moment.

“The message it sends to the market may be far more decisive,” said Elaine Dezenski, a senior director at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. "U.S. and multinational companies are already reexamining the risks of investing in China. Beijing’s so-called ‘national security’ and ‘anti-espionage’ laws that curb routine and necessary corporate due diligence and compliance were already having a chilling effect on U.S. foreign direct investment. That chilling now risks turning into a deep freeze.”

In its statement, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce said the executive order “seriously deviates from the market economy and fair competition principles the United States has always advocated. It affects the normal business decisions of enterprises, disrupts the international economic and trade order and seriously disrupts the security of global industrial and supply chains.”

China's strong economic growth has stumbled coming out of pandemic lockdowns. On Wednesday, its National Bureau of Statistics reported a 0.3% decline in consumer prices in July from a year ago. That level of deflation points to a lack of consumer demand in China that could hamper growth.

Separately, foreign direct investment into China fell 89% from a year earlier in the second quarter of this year to $4.9 billion, according to data released by the State Administration of Foreign Exchange.

Most foreign investment is believed to be brought in by Chinese companies and disguised as foreign money to get tax breaks and other benefits, according to Chinese researchers.

However, foreign business groups say global companies also are shifting investment plans to other economies.

Foreign companies have lost confidence in China following tighter security controls and a lack of action on reform promises. Calls by Xi and other leaders for more economic self-reliance have left investors uneasy about their future in the state-dominated economy.

___

goddamn china loving Joe!

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    mickeyrat said:

By JOSH BOAK
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (gAP) — President Joe Biden signed an executive order Wednesday to block and regulate high-tech U.S.-based investments going toward China — a move the administration said was targeted but it also reflected an intensifying competition between the world's two biggest powers.

___

This isn't on Fox so it's fake. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,392
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By JOSH BOAK
    2 hours ago

___

$20M goes a long way. If he bans all Chinese imports he gets a cool $200M.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

By JOSH BOAK
    2 hours ago

___

or they'll bitch this goes against their rights to free market
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Judge dismisses suit to halt Biden’s student debt relief for longtime borrowers  https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/08/14/student-loan-forgiveness-lawsuit-dismissed/ 

By Danielle Douglas-Gabriel
    August 14, 2023 at 19:53 ET
    A federal judge on Monday denied a bid by two conservative groups to block the Biden administration from canceling the federal student loans of more than 800,000 people who have been in repayment for more than 20 years.
    The Cato Institute and Mackinac Center for Public Policy filed a lawsuit earlier this month, saying the administration violated federal law by failing to produce the forgiveness policy through the traditional rulemaking process and offer the public the opportunity to comment. The groups also claimed the policy would harm their recruitment efforts and asked the court to stop the federal government from canceling any debt as the case proceeds.
    U.S. District Judge Thomas L. Ludington of the Eastern District of Michigan issued an 18-page order dismissing the case, concluding the groups lacked the standing to stop one of the administration’s latest efforts to alleviate the burden of student debt.
    “We disagree with the court’s conclusion regarding legal standing and are reviewing our legal options,” said Sheng Li, an attorney at the New Civil Liberties Alliance, which is representing the conservative groups in the lawsuit.
    The decision landed on the same day the Education Department began discharging $39 billion in federal student loans held by more than 804,000 borrowers who have been in repayment for more than 20 years.
    “On Day One of my Administration, I promised to fight for hardworking families and to fix problems in the student loan system that have been failing borrowers for too long. I’m proud that my Administration is delivering on that promise,” President Biden said in a statement Monday, touting the start of the debt relief effort.

continues....

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Fuck Joe Biden! 

JB16057 said:
    Fuck Joe Biden! 

You once claimed to not getting news from Fox

www.myspace.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    JB16057 said:
    Fuck Joe Biden! 

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,076
    JB16057 said:
    Fuck Joe Biden! 

:D 
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:
    Fuck Joe Biden! 

You once claimed to not getting news from Fox

When Joe had the chance to say something about the deadliest U.S. fire in the last 100 years, the only thing he could say was "no comment". Fuck Joe Biden.