Stone on Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,298
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pearl-jams-stone-gossard/id1451137834?i=1000497207743

Stugotz talks to Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard about the saddest venue he's ever played, the story behind changing the name of the band from Mookie Blaylock to Pearl Jam, and what his immediate reaction was when he first heard Eddie Vedder sing. Plus, a game of Vedder, McCready, or Gossard.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Nice! Will check this out. Thanks, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Thanks D! Will listen to this tomorrow 👍
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,709
    Just listened to it. I love listening to Stone, whether it is an interview or when he hosts something on their XM channel. He just seems like such a genuine person and despite the success he has had, he comes across like just a regular guy. 
  • Can anyone send me a link?
  • Just listened to it. I love listening to Stone, whether it is an interview or when he hosts something on their XM channel. He just seems like such a genuine person and despite the success he has had, he comes across like just a regular guy. 
    Exactly what I thought. It’s a real testament to a person’s  character to achieve such success and stay so grounded.  The entire band has that ethos but Stone has a way of articulating it which is heartwarming and very humorous. 

A great example of the difference between someone who worked hard to succeed and someone who took the elevator to the top like Trump and all his entitled brat children. 
  • Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited November 2020
    Just listened to it. I love listening to Stone, whether it is an interview or when he hosts something on their XM channel. He just seems like such a genuine person and despite the success he has had, he comes across like just a regular guy. 
    Exactly what I thought. It’s a real testament to a person’s  character to achieve such success and stay so grounded.  The entire band has that ethos but Stone has a way of articulating it which is heartwarming and very humorous. 

A great example of the difference between someone who worked hard to succeed and someone who took the elevator to the top like Trump and all his entitled brat children. 
    What is the purpose of relating this back to Trump?! This is a stupid ass comment!
    Post edited by Chasing Footsteps on
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2020

What is the purpose of relating this back to Trump?! This is a stupid ass comment!
    Call em as I see em 🤷‍♂️ 
    Some people have character... some don’t. Given what is dominating the news it seemed relevant. If you would like me to answer any more questions to help you understand feel free let me know 😁
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • I read all your posts prior to editing them, you chicken shit!
    you have no idea who I am to label me. 
    I didn’t ask you anything in the first place. Just stated that your comment was a stupid comment. Stating my opinion like you are. 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2020

Your initial reply included a question mark. Perhaps this was a rhetorical question but I determined it deserved a response. 
    As far as my post edits... I was taken aback by such a harsh attack on my post and replied without taking a breath or articulating properly. An emotional response rather than an intelligent one and I will take responsibility for that. 

As far as knowing you or labelling you, you are correct that I have no right to do so as I don’t know you. But your careless use of the word “stupid” or calling someone names certainly affirms that I would prefer to keep it that way.  It’s generally a sign of character to act a certain way, it’s also a sign of character to admit when you are wrong and try to “be better”.  

Perhaps you don’t think Trump and his children (and Kushner) didn’t get the elevator to the top, or show amazing character. All I know is you think my comment was “stupid” but have yet to give any valid reason why.  

• Chasing FootstepsChasing Footsteps Posts: 315
    edited November 2020

Your initial reply included a question mark. Perhaps this was a rhetorical question but I determined it deserved a response. 
    As far as my post edits... I was taken aback by such a harsh attack on my post and replied without taking a breath or articulating properly. An emotional response rather than an intelligent one and I will take responsibility for that. 

As far as knowing you or labelling you, you are correct that I have no right to do so as I don’t know you. But your careless use of the word “stupid” or calling someone names certainly affirms that I would prefer to keep it that way.  It’s generally a sign of character to act a certain way, it’s also a sign of character to admit when you are wrong and try to “be better”.  

Perhaps you don’t think Trump and his children (and Kushner) didn’t get the elevator to the top, or show amazing character. All I know is you think my comment was “stupid” but have yet to give any valid reason why.  

To be clear, I was not calling you stupid, so let’s shut the door on that.
    Just feel that unecessarily correlating Stone and Trump in this context is just adding division to an otherwise fun and light-hearted topic. 
    Be safe!
    Post edited by Chasing Footsteps on
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    WOW! this thread went into the shitter quickly!   Embarrassing
  • Stone and Trump are very different. One has a job and the other one was just fired. Can we end this? Peace and love.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,943
    Stone was awesome.  Stugotz was too fan boy. But still entertaining.  I enjoyed it... thanks for posting. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Stone and Trump are very different. One has a job and the other one was just fired. Can we end this? Peace and love.

End what? 
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    I've just discovered this. I'm going to listen to it soon. Thank you D!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024

End what? 
    Scroll up. Read.
  • Pretty good candidate for a locked thread

End what? 
    Scroll up. Read.
    I don’t need to revisit that. It was resolved. We already ended it. 
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Q: The saddest venue you've ever played?
    A: Green River travelling all the way to New York City in our station wagon for two shows in a club in Hoboken, and they put us on at 19:00 and nobody was there... We've just driven 65 hours...
    Q: Do you remember the worst name on Jeff's list?
    A: Gaseous Clay... :rofl:
    Fill in the blank
    Q: The first time you heard Eddie's voice, your reaction was?...
    A: It's low...
    Q: The song that you've written, that you're proudest of?...
    A: Daughter...
    Q: The craziest soundstage moment for you was?...
    A: Birthday cake accident...
    Q: Your Mount Rushmore of guitarists is?...
    A: Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix and Bootsy Collins...
    Q: Something about Eddie that few people know is?...
    A: He's got a sweet tooth...
    Vedder, McCready or Goosard?
    Q: The biggest tipper?...
    A: McCready...
    Q: Who's the funniest?...
    A: McCready...
    Q: Who would win a game of Jeopardy?...
    A: Vedder...
    Q: Who would win in a foot race?...
    A: Gossard...
    Q: Who would win a fight?...
    Q: The guy least likely, if the three of you were out for dinner, to grab the cheque and pay for it?...
    The whole podcast was hilarious! :lol: Stone is so funny! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024