Could someone help me price an old Stone pick from 1993?

I hate to sell but times are rough and I haven't had a paycheck since March. He gave it to me himself after the 11/27/93 show in Boulder, CO. If anyone could help me I'd be extremely grateful.
If I knew where it was, I would take you there....

9b62a062-ff5e-4ae3-9ff8-6d47ef18c764_zps86ddfa45.jpg

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Sorry to here about your financial strain and hoping better times are just around the bend.
    @elwayvedder should be able to help you determine a fair price
    Will you post a picture of it?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yeah, Dave (Elwayvedder) would be the guy on this one.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    They are very cool but usually are not worth lots of cash. Priceless to you. Sorry you are out of work. How did you get it from stone? He doesn't give up his picks often. Pretty awesome to have.
  • pookasnakepookasnake Posts: 161
    edited October 2020
    Thanks, y'all! Yes, I will be happy to add pictures.

It's a crazy story as to how I got it. It happened over the span of my 16th birthday, which was pretty cool. They were supposed to play 3 nights at the Balch Fieldhouse in Boulder, but due to some BS with security, they only ended up playing 2 nights and my best friend Kelly and I had tickets for both. We really wanted to get backstage and meet the band (not in a groupie way; just as obsessed fans). The first night we were chatting up the security guys, trying to get passes the regular pleading way, but they wouldn't budge. We saw that underneath the security guard's chair was a piece of paper that showed the backstage passes and each level of access. We managed to distract the guard long enough for one of us to sneakily swipe it from underneath this dude's chair. Went to kinko's the following day and made totally believable, but 100% fake ALL ACCESS passes that got us backstage for the 2nd night. We got to watch the show from the stage, met PJ, the guys from Urge Overkill, and Mudhoney. Stone, Jeff and Ed* all signed my shirt and Stone gave me the picks (I have 2). It was seriously one of the highlights of my adolescence. 

*the Ed signature is an EV with an anarchy symbol as he was so crazy drunk it was all he could manage. He at one point mistook me for his wife! 
    Post edited by pookasnake on

Oh WOW! Fantastic story. Sick life!!! Love it.
  • pookasnakepookasnake Posts: 161
    edited October 2020
    Loujoe said:
    Oh WOW! Fantastic story. Sick life!!! Love it.
    Aww, thank you! It was a truly awesome experience and I treasure the memories. I think I still have the set list floating around somewhere!
    Post edited by pookasnake on

Find setlist make a copy at Kinkos. Sell as a copy of setlist with stone pick. I dont think that pick comes up often. Wait to hear from the pick professionals first. That's some historical stuff you have.
  • Loujoe said:
    Find setlist make a copy at Kinkos. Sell as a copy of setlist with stone pick. I dont think that pick comes up often. Wait to hear from the pick professionals first. That's some historical stuff you have.
    That is a great idea! I will! Thank you so much. <3 

Bump
    To the top. Pick professors help price this killer pick. Great story too!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    sorry, missed this one.  pick prices for the most part of come down lately as all the big spender/collector types have almost everything but if you find someone still ISO of this pick, you may be able to get $125-200.  All you need is one person still needing it. Good luck and thanks for sharing
    Nice elwayvedder. You are a bucketful of pick knowledge. 
  • sorry, missed this one.  pick prices for the most part of come down lately as all the big spender/collector types have almost everything but if you find someone still ISO of this pick, you may be able to get $125-200.  All you need is one person still needing it. Good luck and thanks for sharing

Thank you so much, elwayvedder! I really appreciate your insight. Hopefully I can find both the setlist and a buyer. :) 

Loujoe said:
    To the top. Pick professors help price this killer pick. Great story too!
    And thank you so much for the bumps and advice, Loujoe! You are a wonderful person. <3