The variety of songs is kind of crazy when you think about it

Too much Porch ending the first sets and not enough KISS covers. BUT LET'S NOT NITPICK

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    edited October 2020
    Agreed. My weak eyes counted 51 unique tunes. Most bands don't hit 51 different songs on a tour. 

So fortunate I made it to those shows. That Krakow set is one of the best I've seen in ages.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    I do think about it. A lot actually. I love that their sets and their studio albums have a vast variety of sounds and textures. It’s why I love them. They never regurgitate, they’re always trying something new. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,815
    Gibson said:
    Agreed. My weak eyes counted 51 unique tunes. Most bands don't hit 51 different songs on a tour. 

So fortunate I made it to those shows. That Krakow set is one of the best I've seen in ages.
    Wow, these shows would have been amazing to be at! 

Totally agree. It’s tough to get excited about a band who hits the same set list of 18 songs each night.

I did back to back Brooklyn shows in’13, and it was 50+ different songs between the shows. I think I only heard 10 songs repeat. How amazing is this band?
  • Gibson said:

Wow, these shows would have been amazing to be at! 

Totally agree. It’s tough to get excited about a band who hits the same set list of 18 songs each night.

I did back to back Brooklyn shows in’13, and it was 50+ different songs between the shows. I think I only heard 10 songs repeat. How amazing is this band?
    Exactly what I tell people who ask why I tromp around a Europe following a rock band.  You never know what what songs you might get but the show is always dynamite. 
    I was lucky enough to see both of those shows.  Any show that opens with Of the Girl is going to be kickass... that’s a guarantee. 
  • Of the girl  openers  are best this is fact
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    First, and I would guess last, time I got to see it!

https://youtu.be/mIy0psyy7tc
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I totally agree with this. It is electric 
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 770
    Of the girl  openers  are best this is fact
    I was in Calgary 2013 when they opened with this. I was in the pit close to the front and I started talking about this being my guess for an opener. Everyone around me was saying that there was no chance because they had been opening with pendulum the entire tour up to this point (fact checkers chime in lol). Anyways, they walk on to the pendulum hour glass music and I’m like “fuck I guess they were right”....... suddenly that music cuts and they lay into the intro for “of the girl” and everyone around me starts losing their shit with me!!! What a moment! That’s what this fucking band is about. The memories, the tours, the personal experiences and connection to the music. Enjoy it all peeps! Pearl Jam rocks!!! 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    And there was Act 3: Berlin. Another awesome setlist. The best opener ever: Wash.
  • RW8297 said:
    And there was Act 3: Berlin. Another awesome setlist. The best opener ever: Wash.
    Well. You know I didn't go there. And you know I missed Thumbing My Way. So why does this need to be brought up? This doesn't help me heal.

https://youtu.be/1FxPMvYO9HI
  • SM187650 said:
    I was in Calgary 2013 when they opened with this. I was in the pit close to the front and I started talking about this being my guess for an opener. Everyone around me was saying that there was no chance because they had been opening with pendulum the entire tour up to this point (fact checkers chime in lol). Anyways, they walk on to the pendulum hour glass music and I’m like “fuck I guess they were right”....... suddenly that music cuts and they lay into the intro for “of the girl” and everyone around me starts losing their shit with me!!! What a moment! That’s what this fucking band is about. The memories, the tours, the personal experiences and connection to the music. Enjoy it all peeps! Pearl Jam rocks!!! 
    Calgary 13 was a blast. Just more evidence that any show that opens with OtG is going to be a special night.... I remember McCready saying it was his favourite opener as well. 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    RW8297 said:
    Well. You know I didn't go there. And you know I missed Thumbing My Way. So why does this need to be brought up? This doesn't help me heal.

Sorry. I wasn't planning to go there but decided in the morning that I have to go and seeing that setlist I would never forgive myself. I already skipped Katowice II 2000 and that still hurt. Everybody makes mistakes.
    Its enchanting  i would add.
    It builds almost tribal.  The lights. The smoke. Eds silhouette. 
    Sold
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • SM187650 said:
    This 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RW8297 said:
    RW8297 said:

Sorry. I wasn't planning to go there but decided in the morning that I have to go and seeing that setlist I would never forgive myself. I already skipped Katowice II 2000 and that still hurt. Everybody makes mistakes.
    I have a tale of missing a song. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07