GOP

Comments

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Are you all really defending a dry rub at Beetlejuice? And he blatantly grabbed her boob. Give me a break.  The whole event was pure white trash.
    I never defended it . I think it's pointless to get worked up over.  Unless you are a prude. As for white trash we'll I grew up in rural northern Michigan and stuff like this doesn't come close to offending my refined sensibilities.
    I'm not sure who's worked up exactly.  But at the end of the day,  it's low class and shitty to do that at Beetlejuice. I guess if you were at a midnight screening of Lady Chatterly"s Lover, that would be okay. 
    Dude Beetlejuice  as great as it is is toilet humor about a deadbeat white trash ghost.  The perfect venue for bad behavior
    I took my daughter to see this on Broadway.  The play is definitely family friendly.  It's not quite Lion King,  but it isn't Book of Mormon.
    I assumed it would follow the movie with Michael Keaton type guy as a complete rude asshole
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Are you all really defending a dry rub at Beetlejuice? And he blatantly grabbed her boob. Give me a break.  The whole event was pure white trash.
    I never defended it . I think it's pointless to get worked up over.  Unless you are a prude. As for white trash we'll I grew up in rural northern Michigan and stuff like this doesn't come close to offending my refined sensibilities.
    I'm not sure who's worked up exactly.  But at the end of the day,  it's low class and shitty to do that at Beetlejuice. I guess if you were at a midnight screening of Lady Chatterly"s Lover, that would be okay. 
    Dude Beetlejuice  as great as it is is toilet humor about a deadbeat white trash ghost.  The perfect venue for bad behavior
    I took my daughter to see this on Broadway.  The play is definitely family friendly.  It's not quite Lion King,  but it isn't Book of Mormon.
    I assumed it would follow the movie with Michael Keaton type guy as a complete rude asshole
    It's not as dark as the Burton version.  He seemed like less of a bad guy as he was in the movie.   Also,  I may have fallen asleep,  which I tend to do at the theater. So who knows. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    One would think people would collectively agree that an elected member of congress acting out and fondling her date’s junk and getting felt up herself in a very public setting isn’t a good thing, but here we are. 
    i think we're all in pretty much agreement of that. no one said it was a "good thing". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Bobo actually apologized. figured she'd whatabout her way through that. 

www.headstonesband.com

Bobo actually apologized. figured she'd whatabout her way through that. 

included her campaign in the statement .. ..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Bobo actually apologized. figured she'd whatabout her way through that. 
    For the whole incident, or just the vaping? I heard she denied vaping, then video was released and she then apologized for vaping. 

Not that it matters...  Both sides something something. 
    basically for her conduct as a whole. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyrat said:
    Is that so he can pardon himself or POOTWH? I’m confused.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • I have no words for that one.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

• https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2023/09/trump-biden-impeachment-kristen-welker-interview/675365/

Americans Are Sleepwalking Through a National Emergency

"The United States of America is facing a threat from a sometimes violent cult while a nuclear armed power wages war on the border of our closest allies. And yet, many Americans sleepwalk as if they are living in normal times instead of in an ongoing crisis..." 

He's not wrong.  
  • https://www.threads.net/@mayba4948/post/CxWpwWEsCnL/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
    Go ahead out of your mind dispute these MAGA numbers of the genius you voted for twice and will vote for a third time! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

• mickeyrat said:
    I'm just catching up on this page.

"I yield" hahahahahaha!!!!

Who was the person going on about Trump anyways?  "Please save us Trump"?  
    mickeyrat said:
    I'm just catching up on this page.

"I yield" hahahahahaha!!!!

Who was the person going on about Trump anyways?  "Please save us Trump"?  
    looked like laura loomer, but not sure. that was epic. I thought it was just a voice over till I actually saw the guy on the video. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    static111 said:
    One would think people would collectively agree that an elected member of congress acting out and fondling her date’s junk and getting felt up herself in a very public setting isn’t a good thing, but here we are. 
    If you read through my posts instead of inferring I stated that I thought it was gross.  It's just not noteworthy to me.  Most politicians are trash and some are better than others at hiding their shit. This is true historically. We have had some real pieces of shit from every party.  Why would anyone be surprised that one of the worst members of congress in recent history was groping in a theater. I already don't like her but this doesn't make me dislike her less nor will it keep her supporters from supporting her. But here we are. Getting upset about a crap person having a relatively tame (by today's standards) moment.

Decorum of elected officials. I don't care if you are wearing tennis shoes, tan pants etc. Are you doing a good job. Fine. Bill Clinton did pretty good while being a serial philanderer.. Are you doing a bad job thats what i will judge. Imo she does a terrible job, but I couldn't care less about what she did one night in a theater, nor do I think it rises to headline news.

From here on out, I will ask all my female coworkers (office setting) if they ever “pull a Boebert “ or “feel up a Boebert” in public. Guaranteed if I try that I risk my job. So it’s not incidental, it can cost most of us our employment. She brought this behavior into public spaces and public discussion, yet we can’t publicly discuss it? That’s why it’s noteworthy, it’s rare behavior like this on public display, whether or not from an elected official. 
    static111 said:
    If you read through my posts instead of inferring I stated that I thought it was gross.  It's just not noteworthy to me.  Most politicians are trash and some are better than others at hiding their shit. This is true historically. We have had some real pieces of shit from every party.  Why would anyone be surprised that one of the worst members of congress in recent history was groping in a theater. I already don't like her but this doesn't make me dislike her less nor will it keep her supporters from supporting her. But here we are. Getting upset about a crap person having a relatively tame (by today's standards) moment.

Decorum of elected officials. I don't care if you are wearing tennis shoes, tan pants etc. Are you doing a good job. Fine. Bill Clinton did pretty good while being a serial philanderer.. Are you doing a bad job thats what i will judge. Imo she does a terrible job, but I couldn't care less about what she did one night in a theater, nor do I think it rises to headline news.

From here on out, I will ask all my female coworkers (office setting) if they ever “pull a Boebert “ or “feel up a Boebert” in public. Guaranteed if I try that I risk my job. So it’s not incidental, it can cost most of us our employment. She brought this behavior into public spaces and public discussion, yet we can’t publicly discuss it? That’s why it’s noteworthy, it’s rare behavior like this on public display, whether or not from an elected official. 
    well now you are talking about something different. I'm not going to lose my job if I'm caught on security camera getting frisky with my wife in a theatre. and neither (presumably) will you. asking female coworkers of their sexual behaviour in the workplace? yeah, that's another animal. 

she acted like a pig in public, full stop. and there are different standards for public people. 20 years ago this would have been a scandal and probably caused her resignation, even in the GOP. But 20 years ago, she wouldn't even be in congress. so there's that. 

the fact that it was a first date is, well, something else. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    static111 said:

well now you are talking about something different. I'm not going to lose my job if I'm caught on security camera getting frisky with my wife in a theatre. and neither (presumably) will you. asking female coworkers of their sexual behaviour in the workplace? yeah, that's another animal. 

she acted like a pig in public, full stop. and there are different standards for public people. 20 years ago this would have been a scandal and probably caused her resignation, even in the GOP. But 20 years ago, she wouldn't even be in congress. so there's that. 

Wow, first date? I’m just gonna play dumb and ask my coworkers if this is how it’s done now. And thank you, I can ask if they do this on first dates! Hey, old stogies like me need to know, its vitally important 
  • static111 said:

Wow, first date? I’m just gonna play dumb and ask my coworkers if this is how it’s done now. And thank you, I can ask if they do this on first dates! Hey, old stogies like me need to know, its vitally important 
    You'll get hit for sexual harassment if you ask those questions nowadays.  My eyes were opened wide when taking that class at what is and isn't.
  • static111 said:

Alanis Morrisette sung about this and we raved her for it.  Today?  Not so much. Well, we still have WAP so maybe we do?

I wonder if we are converting back to the 50's where everyone on the outside is supposed to be prim and proper/prudish but, when the lights are out and the freak flag flies now we take exception to it?

Or it's in public and you're an idiot?
    static111 said:

Alanis Morrisette sung about this and we raved her for it.  Today?  Not so much. Well, we still have WAP so maybe we do?

I wonder if we are converting back to the 50's where everyone on the outside is supposed to be prim and proper/prudish but, when the lights are out and the freak flag flies now we take exception to it?

Or it's in public and you're an idiot?
    it's that now there are cameras everywhere. 

www.headstonesband.com

• https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2023/09/trump-biden-impeachment-kristen-welker-interview/675365/

Americans Are Sleepwalking Through a National Emergency

"The United States of America is facing a threat from a sometimes violent cult while a nuclear armed power wages war on the border of our closest allies. And yet, many Americans sleepwalk as if they are living in normal times instead of in an ongoing crisis..." 

He's not wrong.  

He's not. But:

He's also late to the party. I've been following Tom Nichols for a few years, and while he's right about some things (Russia, nuclear issues) he's wrong about other things (and I don't just mean music and Indian food). Some of us have been having a "hair on fire" moment since 2016, and Nichols kept saying, calm down, tone down the rhetoric, you have recourse, it's at the ballot box, go vote!

Voting is important, I won't argue that point. But MAGA knows that, too, hence all the efforts at voter suppression, disenfranchisement, gerrymandering, fake electors.

There is and has been one issue and only one issue since that orange a$$hole rode down his golden elevator: protect democracy, protect the right to vote. Nothing else matters -- nothing. Whatever you might think is important, it is secondary to protecting democratic norms, because without those norms, everything else is gone, too.

We were up all night on election night 2020; I was dry heaving into a wastebasket (eating was out of the question). I've been trying to do something for nearly eight freaking years now: I wrote letters, I marched, I vote, I donate to campaigns, I raised $$$ for Ukraine, my social media feed is largely me bludegeoning everyone I know with warnings about third party candidates (any vote not for Biden is a vote for T%&$^*) and the risks of abandoning Ukraine. I've yelled at the ACLU (they insisted that pronouns and a higher minimum wage were their top issues, I told them to focus on voting rights; they argued with me; I quit giving them $$$). What else am I supposed to do?!?

Seriously: Before, I lived in a big blue state, where election outcomes were pretty much a foregone conclusion. Now I live in a dark red state where non-Republicans have been gerrymandered into powerlessness; my only option is to vote for the least crazy GOP candidate in the primary.

So I'd like Tom Nichols, with all his expertise :ahem: to tell me what, exactly, I should be doing now. I've been at red alert for eight years; what now?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.