GOP

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Lol....I don't know who that guy is but that's hilarious. Looked like he was contemplating crying at the end too. 
    Love his Hitler-Jugend haircut! 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,741
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    mickeyrat said:
    These repubs don't do their due diligence and vet every damn follower they have.  Is it ignorant?  Sure.  Do I believe that he is a holocaust denier?  No.

The whole article points to a site that has zero to do with Gosar other than it posted their link.

It's definitely interesting and I am surprised that when people make these dumb mistakes they are still here.
    mickeyrat said:
    He actually came back for some reason...dude looks like shit. He needs to retire for fucks sake
    That was sad, and hard to watch.

How long was he like that?  Looks like he stroked out.
    I didn’t see the entire clip, but what I did see lasted at least a few seconds until people realized something was wrong; someone stepped forward & touched his arm & he somewhat snapped out of it & let that person walk him off. 
    I read this morning that he has fallen a few times after the big fall where he got the concussion.

He needs to chill out or he's going to end up killing himself. 
    Anybody see Feinstein do the same thing?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-dianne-feinstein-told-just-say-aye-awkward-senate-committee-moment-rcna96697
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    mickeyrat said:
    He actually came back for some reason...dude looks like shit. He needs to retire for fucks sake

I didn’t see the entire clip, but what I did see lasted at least a few seconds until people realized something was wrong; someone stepped forward & touched his arm & he somewhat snapped out of it & let that person walk him off. 
    I read this morning that he has fallen a few times after the big fall where he got the concussion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-dianne-feinstein-told-just-say-aye-awkward-senate-committee-moment-rcna96697
    yeah...I can't believe she didn't resign months ago after the last episode
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mickeyrat said:

yeah...I can't believe she didn't resign months ago after the last episode
    I'm all for term limits.  It would be nice to curb some egos too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    edited July 2023
    I'm guessing Tuberville believes *his* coaching was unimportant to his teams because leadership doesn't matter at all... :tongue:
    Falling down,...not staying down

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Kat said:
    I'm guessing Tuberville believes *his* coaching was unimportant to his teams because leadership doesn't matter at all... :tongue:
    Hah, good point!
    first GOOD!!!! second I believe this to be a conservative group, a party I "thought" was pro-military.

gift article ...

An ‘institution guy’ in the House, Steve Womack is fed up
    By Paul Kane
    July 30, 2023 at 9:46 ET
    Rep. Steve Womack (R-Ark.) was jolted out of the often-mundane work of presiding over the House when liberal activists in the public gallery started shouting and protesting. Just a few months into office, he didn’t know what to do.
    “The chair has observed a disturbance,” Womack recalled saying, delivering a brief speech while banging the gavel to bring the chamber back to order. Once things settled down, the parliamentarian’s staff found the formal script for such moments — Womack had, on instinct, delivered the almost perfect response.
    A gavel-wielding star was born. By the last day of his first term — a contentious New Year’s Day session in 2013, with Womack presiding again — he had logged more hours in the chair than any member of the huge freshman class. He instantly loved what many saw as a cumbersome task with little reward, and now, after four years in the minority, Womack is once again the go-to officer to preside over tense debates in the House.
    “I came in as an institution guy,” Womack, a former mayor and 30-year member of the Army National Guard, said during an hour-long interview. He won’t even allow the slightest misstep of words when a member rises to speak until that member properly asks for “unanimous consent.”
    “I want people to have enough respect for the institution that they adhere to the institutional norms, and when things go haywire, and they often do, it breaks my heart,” he added.
    That is why these next 45 or so days will be the longest late-summer recess of his 13 years in Congress. Rising in power and respected on both sides of the aisle, Womack, 66, has grown so fed up with his party’s leadership kowtowing to a small band of hard-right lawmakers that he is considering retiring next year.

continues.....

gift article.....

An unlikely Republican steps up to undercut GOP’s Trumpian exploits
    By Aaron Blake
    July 27, 2023 at 12:36 ET
    From time to time a congressional Republican — usually one with a foot out the door — steps forward to suggest that maybe his or her party is going down the wrong path in the Trump era.
    But the most recent entry in that procession comes from a rather unexpected place: the arch-conservative House Freedom Caucus.
    Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) has in recent months carved out something of a novel profile in the GOP. He’s sharply undercutting some of its central political efforts, and he’s doing so from the very segment of the party that has driven the party in that direction.
    He has called into question the wisdom and constitutionality of its impeachment-related efforts; he expressed faith in the FBI and Director Christopher A. Wray as much of his party was pillorying them; and he is among the relatively few Republicans to treat the criminal charges against former president Donald Trump seriously, even saying a conviction would be disqualifying in his mind.
    Buck’s most recent foray into tossing a wrench into the GOP’s political machinations came Wednesday on CNN. With House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) leaning more toward an impeachment inquiry of President Biden than ever before, Buck called it “impeachment theater.” He even accused the speaker of distracting from key appropriations issues.
    “What [McCarthy is] doing is he’s saying ‘there’s a shiny object over here, and we’re really going to focus on that,’ ” he said.
    Buck’s argument was more practical than anything — he suggested that the evidence simply wasn’t there yet — but he also said that impeachment was being wielded for dishonest reasons.

continues ...

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    mickeyrat said:
    the stupidity burns.

literally killing their own voters to presumably own the libs.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    mickeyrat said:
    the stupidity burns.

literally killing their own voters to presumably own the libs.
    As long as libs are owned they don't care who loses or who dies.
    Dumbasses being dumbasses
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    mickeyrat said:
    They called the vaccine the Fauci Ouchie and vilified the nation's leading epidemiologist for trying to safely guide the country through a pandemic. 

What an incredibly stupid time to be alive. 
    mickeyrat said:
    They called the vaccine the Fauci Ouchie and vilified the nation's leading epidemiologist for trying to safely guide the country through a pandemic. 

Even more odd was that Trump backed the vaccines.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    mickeyrat said:

I think he was really disappointed that his based turned on him for touting the vax. he so desperately wanted to be the hero. his base just wouldn't have it. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mickeyrat said:

I think he was really disappointed that his based turned on him for touting the vax. he so desperately wanted to be the hero. his base just wouldn't have it. 
    "I would do anything for Trump but!"
    Meat Loaf I Wont Do That GIF - Meat Loaf I Wont Do That No
    edited July 2023
    mickeyrat said:

That's not an inaccurate statement, but he backed a whole ton of different solutions, including, but not limited to treating covid w/ bleach or other disinfectants, UV light, and hydroxichloroquine all after he downplayed the whole thing (he called it a hoax).
    Not to mention he mocked people for wearing masks... it was a perfect example of just how incapable and terrible of a leader he really was. 

The funniest part is that if he shut the f up and deferred to the experts, he probably wins 2020 in a landslide. 

& now  he's running away as the GOP frontrunner for 2024. 

It's so impossibly stupid you genuinely couldn't sell this story in Hollywood. 
    mickeyrat said:

That's not an inaccurate statement, but he backed a whole ton of different solutions, including, but not limited to treating covid w/ bleach or other disinfectants, UV light, and hydroxichloroquine all after he downplayed the whole thing (he called it a hoax).
    Not to mention he mocked people for wearing masks... it was a perfect example of just how incapable and terrible of a leader he really was. 

The funniest part is that if he shut the f up and deferred to the experts, he probably wins 2020 in a landslide. 

In the beginning he did call it a hoax but that ended up changing. He did sign Operation Warp Speed and at rallies mentioned that the vaccines were good and got booed.  
    mickeyrat said:

In the beginning he did call it a hoax but that ended up changing. He did sign Operation Warp Speed and at rallies mentioned that the vaccines were good and got booed.  
    I know, and I give him credit for signing OWS and (eventually) supporting the vaccines.

Too bad it took him as long as it did to defer to the experts though... imagine how many thousands of American lives could have been saved had he done that sooner. 
    mickeyrat said:

I know, and I give him credit for signing OWS and (eventually) supporting the vaccines.

Too bad it took him as long as it did to defer to the experts though... imagine how many thousands of American lives could have been saved had he done that sooner. 
    The great debate would be "would the conspiracy theorists not latch on to the vaccine as a threat and view it as good?"

I don't think it would have helped.  The people were already too deep in reddit  and Qanon posts to make a difference.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Kat said:
    Having seen him coach …. His coaching was unimportant 
    hippiemom = goodness
    putting this here because I believe he is a plant.

and fucking certifiable....