Options

GOP

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    JB16057 said:
    is this where we say "typical violent cultish mushbrain conservatives"? @Out of My Mind and Time ?
    Why the fuck is this posted in the GOP thread? This is another prime example of how sick AMT is jumping to conclusions when you have no proof that this has anything to do with the GOP or conservatives. 

https://twitter.com/DrewWilderTV/status/1658218347643674641

Funny how you want to talk about "typical violent" when your profile picture is endorsing gun culture and violence. 
    the irony is obviously lost on you. this was me making fun of how mushbrain conservatives go all in on "so much for the tolerant left" every single time there's violence that even SMELLS like it was done by a liberal. 

whenever someone starts a question with "is this where we...?" it's to point out the hypocrisy of those that usually jump to these types of conclusions and paint millions of people with one brush based on very little information. 

understand now?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990

I heard another analyst say that Desantis should NOT attack tRump personally. That would anger the die hard magats....I totally disagree with that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    she's right. you aren't going to turn trumpers into desantisians. they are trumpers because they believe the things that disgust us are his best qualities.

focus on the normal R's and indies, his record, and policy. that's how he wins. 

I hope he doesn't though. I think when it comes down to it, Biden beats Trump, but loses to Desantis. More independents are likely to vote R without Trump next to it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    It’s impressive some in the media still maintain their denial about Trump. The dysfunctional behavior is central to his appeal. Acting like a semi functional adult won’t get any of the other candidates anywhere. 
  • Options
    she's right. you aren't going to turn trumpers into desantisians. they are trumpers because they believe the things that disgust us are his best qualities.

I hope he doesn't though. I think when it comes down to it, Biden beats Trump, but loses to Desantis. More independents are likely to vote R without Trump next to it. 
     I agree that trumpers won't become desantisans....but trashing him will pick up more non magat votes in my opinion

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

I agree that trumpers won't become desantisans....but trashing him will pick up more non magat votes in my opinion
    i still think most indies don't give a rip about the noise; just policy and successes/failures. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938

George Santos expulsion coming before House as Democrats force vote
    By KEVIN FREKING
    22 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democrats took steps Tuesday to force a vote on expelling New York Rep. George Santos from Congress, an effort that is expected to be defeated but puts Republicans in the uncomfortable position of taking a stand on an indicted colleague.

The freshman GOP congressman has been charged with embezzling money from his campaign, falsely receiving unemployment funds and lying to Congress about his finances. He has denied the charges and has pleaded not guilty.

Democratic Rep. Robert Garcia, D-Calif., introduced a resolution in February to expel Santos, something the House has only done twice in recent decades and requires the approval of a two-thirds majority. He brought the measure Tuesday to the House floor under a process that gives lawmakers until Thursday to dispense with it.

Republicans could vote to table the effort. They could also refer it to the House Ethics Committee for consideration, which House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., indicated was his preferred route. Both efforts require a majority vote. Republicans could also just allow the House to vote on Garcia's expulsion resolution, but that is unlikely.

“I wanted him to resign. We gave him plenty of time to do it," Garcia said of his decision to bring the measure up this week. “His other Republican freshmen also want him to resign and it's time for him to go."

Santos, despite the federal charges he's facing, is moving forward with his plans to seek reelection and has defied calls for his resignation. “This is the beginning of the ability for me to address and defend myself,” Santos told reporters following his indictment. His office didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on Garcia's resolution.

Republican leaders have said Santos deserves to have his day in court before Congress weighs in. The position Republican leaders have staked out generally follows the precedent that Congress has set in similar criminal cases over the years. The House has expelled just two members in recent decades, and both votes occurred after the lawmaker had been convicted on federal charges.

McCarthy said he would reach out to House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., about referring the resolution to the Ethics Committee, which already has initiated an investigation into whether Santos engaged in unlawful activity with respect to his congressional campaign.

“I think we can look at it very quickly and come to a conclusion on what George Santos did and did not do,” McCarthy told reporters.

Democrats are looking to tie Santos to the Republican brand, particularly in key swing districts, and began messaging the effort to expel him as giving New Yorkers the “honest representation they deserve.”

"Now is the time for members of Congress to demonstrate where they stand and expel George Santos from Congress," said Rep. Suzan DelBene, chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

___

Associated Press writer Stephen Groves contributed to this report.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    Super Woke beer companies are at it again.  Fortunately Fox News is around to spin up the outrage machine!  Miller Lite had the nerve to depict women as something other than bikini props.  WOKE!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/miller-lite-feminist-ad-march-goes-viral-amid-bud-light-backlash-companies-broken
  • Options
    Honestly, this ad makes me so angry that I can't drink my Coors light without shaking.  

https://youtu.be/_NtBQWZqaHo
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    mrussel1 said:
    Honestly, this ad makes me so angry that I can't drink my Coors light without shaking.  

Why they gotta discriminate against male brewers? 
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Why they gotta discriminate against male brewers? 
    Don't worry, Joe Rogan is on the case.  He's a very important voice in this country and now he's mad as hell.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-rogan-mocks-feminist-miller-lite-ad-bud-light-backlash-no-one-learn
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    yeah, same way as how the Canadian flag has been co-opted by the "patriots" here. anytime I see a Canadian flag on a car here now, good bet I will not align with that person politically. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    mickeyrat said:
    yeah, same way as how the Canadian flag has been co-opted by the "patriots" here. anytime I see a Canadian flag on a car here now, good bet I will not align with that person politically. 
    Yep here too the stars & stripes has been high jacked by the MAGA cult! I won’t be flying the flag again.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Yep here too the stars & stripes has been high jacked by the MAGA cult! I won’t be flying the flag again.
    Honestly, I do the opposite.  The flag is just as much mine as theirs.  I would highly encourage you not to give up the flag mentally.  I think that's a huge mistake for those of us that are left of center.  Even the golf balls I play have the flag on them specifically for that reason.  Fuck them for trying to take away the symbol of liberal democracy.  

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Honestly, I do the opposite.  The flag is just as much mine as theirs.  I would highly encourage you not to give up the flag mentally.  I think that's a huge mistake for those of us that are left of center.  Even the golf balls I play have the flag on them specifically for that reason.  Fuck them for trying to take away the symbol of liberal democracy.  

That's exactly why this is my hat of choice these days... 

Zephyr Hats USA Hockey Hat Cap NCAA Baseball Cap Adjustable Mesh Back NavyRed

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

agreed....we fly flags off of our office porch. It is true though that the trumpsters are generally the ones that comment about them. Like they know we are one of them or something.  Really weird.

• Options
    I've never been a flag flyer, so it really doesn't affect me much. But I do have one band t shirt, from I Mother Earth, where their logo is used in place of the maple leaf on a Canadian flag. I notice I get a lot of looks when I'm wearing it, like they think I'm some trucker convoy weirdo. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

The level at which they push this ridiculous shit just amazes me...

• Options

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,412
    edited May 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    I hope he presses charges. 

If this ever happens to anyone fall down and don’t get up.  No one has the right to do this unless you’re a police officer stopping a THREAT.  wtf 
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    From last night's Letter from an American, by HCR: 

"From the earliest days of the Reagan Revolution, those leaders who wanted to slash the federal government to end business regulation and cut the social safety net recognized that they did not have the votes to put their program in place. To find those votes, they courted racists and traditionalists who hated the federal government’s protection of civil rights. Over time, that base became more and more powerful until Trump openly embraced it in August 2017, when he said there were “very fine people on both sides.”

As he moved toward the techniques of authoritarians, his followers began to champion the system that Hungarian prime minister Viktor Orbán called “illiberal democracy” or “Christian democracy” in his own country. Orbán argued that the principle of equality in liberal democracy undermines countries by attacking the national culture. Instead, he called for an end to multiculturalism—including immigration—and any lifestyle that is not based on the “Christian family model.” He seized control of universities to make them preach his values.

Today’s Republican leaders openly admire Orbán and appear to see themselves as the vanguard of a “post-liberal order.” They believe that the central tenets of democracy—free speech, religious liberty, academic freedom, equality before the law, and the ability of corporations to make decisions based on markets rather than religious values—have destroyed national virtue. Such a loss must be combated by a strong government that enforces religious values.":
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    mickeyrat said:
    i see they are tackling the real issues that the real americans care most about.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,678
    I wonder if Fucker Carlson or Mikey Flynn Baby are on the list? Paulie Manaforte? Maggie Three Names? How about Lindsey Flimsey Flip Flop Faloozy? Surely SteveO? Gym Jordan?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/19/europe/russia-bans-american-citizens-obama-intl/index.html

I’m sure Colbert is broken up.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    I wonder if Fucker Carlson or Mikey Flynn Baby are on the list? Paulie Manaforte? Maggie Three Names? How about Lindsey Flimsey Flip Flop Faloozy? Surely SteveO? Gym Jordan?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/19/europe/russia-bans-american-citizens-obama-intl/index.html

I’m sure Colbert is broken up.
    Yeah I’m sure he’s broken 🤣 another shit hole country I’d never ever want to visit! What a statement from Putin on the insurrection crowd! If that happened at the kremlin most of those people would of been dead 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,678
    Gym Jordan threatening to go after Hillary Clinton again? For what exactly? Hillary Clinton, the boogeywoman who keeps on scaring. Boo!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options