Options

Petition To Have Eddie Vedder on The Joe Rogan Experience

Comments

• Options

I can't imagine that Eddie would have any interest talking to Rogan.  

Before a couple of weeks ago, I would have agreed, but I also didn't think Eddie would have had any interest in doing Stern and I was wrong about that, so who knows?

Rogan isn't as bad as his critics make him out to be, but I also don't think he's as great as his fans build him up either. I've listened to several episodes, as some of my friends swear by it, and I just don't see what the big deal is.

Diff'rent strokes & whatnot.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946

Before a couple of weeks ago, I would have agreed, but I also didn't think Eddie would have had any interest in doing Stern and I was wrong about that, so who knows?

Rogan isn't as bad as his critics make him out to be, but I also don't think he's as great as his fans build him up either. I've listened to several episodes, as some of my friends swear by it, and I just don't see what the big deal is.

Stern I get.  He's a big PJ fan and he is considered a great interviewer.  Plus PJ and Stern share the Sirius connection.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Stern I get.  He's a big PJ fan and he is considered a great interviewer.  Plus PJ and Stern share the Sirius connection.
    I don't disagree, however a lot of people do see the appeal in Rogan's podcast, including some people Eddie has known / interacted with (Josh Hommes, Maynard Keenan to name two) so at this point I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    I don't know that I'm all that interested in hearing Ed be interviewed unless he gave up some unknown Pearl Jam info.  I would be interested in hearing about the power struggle in the band and all that stuff that they aren't ever going to go into detail on. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    brianlux said:
    I'd like to hear more from dmaradona10  on what Vedder on Rogan's show would look like.

My guess is it would start with Rogan asking Eddie about his thoughts on current events and end with Eddie asking Joe if he's ever tried hatchet throwing or jumping from high scaffolding onto a crowd of people.

:lol:  Whoa.  You went a little Chadwick there.  Love it!

Haha!   That's quite the complement, though no one can outwit Chadwick but Chadwick himself!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    ahh chadwick. i definitely miss that guy's presence around here. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    For sure.  
    Well, his memory lives on & I always think of his great takes on things when I read stuff like what Brian wrote.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Here's to Sir Chadwick! 
    cheers

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I can’t believe anyone has interest in what Joe Rogan has to say about anything.
    why not? he's well read, very well researched, does his homework on his guests and knows the basics on the topics that he knows are going to come up. he has some questionable theories sometimes, but i find it interesting, and when it's not interesting, it's amusing. 
    A conspiracy nut etc isn’t worth listening to in my opinion. He’s just an entertainer. Always has been. 

And my opinion would be other than for shits and giggles, why would someone listen to him?  It’s just my opinion. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited September 2020
    I can’t believe anyone has interest in what Joe Rogan has to say about anything.
    why not? he's well read, very well researched, does his homework on his guests and knows the basics on the topics that he knows are going to come up. he has some questionable theories sometimes, but i find it interesting, and when it's not interesting, it's amusing. 
    A conspiracy nut etc isn’t worth listening to in my opinion. He’s just an entertainer. Always has been. 

And my opinion would be other than for shits and giggles, why would someone listen to him?  It’s just my opinion. 
    for reasons stated previously, i don't necessarily listen to him. this isn't a podcast of just a guy blathering on by himself for 2 hours. if i listened to him i'd watch his podcasts where it's just him and his buffoon buddies getting stoned and talking shit. i don't watch those. i'm sure some do. i watch for the guests he has on, if they happen to interest me. he's obviously not a journalist, so he isn't beholden to any type of standard when it comes to asking questions. so it's more of a conversation than an interview. believe it or not, i've learned a lot from certain guests on his show. he has a lot of respected intellectuals, and he does a good job of asking them good questions. 

he's also had a lot of morons that I couldn't watch for longer than 10 minutes before i shut it off. 

and sometimes i like to listen to a conversation with someone who has opposing viewpoints from myself (Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro), where the person is allowed to make their point without left wing media just waiting for that gotcha moment. and honestly, it helps humanize the "other side", which makes me more empathetic when dealing with people like that. yeah, he gets criticized for not asking tough questions of some of his guests, and sometimes i've also been disappointed with that, but i also know I can't have it both ways. 

of course he's an entertainer. i don't think anyone ever claimed otherwise. i certainly haven't. 

I'm honestly not trying to convince anyone to listen to the guy. I couldn't give two shits if people do. These are just my reasons and I think people have misconceptions because of what they hear about him and haven't watched themselves. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited September 2020
    True, this article is more than 5 months old, but do we really need to know anything more than the following about Joe Rogan or waste anymore talking about him?  OR has he turned around again? 
    Ya know, I don't care if he did.  He said it once, so the hell with him. Waste of air time.

Joe Rogan would 'rather vote for Trump than Biden' after endorsing Sanders

Podcast host says former vice-president, 77, is too old despite having endorsed Sanders, 78, for the Democratic nomination

Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Agree...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    True, this article is more than 5 months old, but do we really need to know anything more than the following about Joe Rogan or waste anymore talking about him?  OR has he turned around again? 
    Ya know, I don't care if he did.  He said it once, so the hell with him. Waste of air time.

Podcast host says former vice-president, 77, is too old despite having endorsed Sanders, 78, for the Democratic nomination

Lol, that’s the ‘intellectual dark web’ for you. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:

he also clarified he's' not a trump supporter; he said "that's not an endorsement of trump, i'd rather vote for a monkey over biden". it's not the age. he's also convinced that biden is in total mental decline. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:

he also clarified he's' not a trump supporter; he said "that's not an endorsement of trump, i'd rather vote for a monkey over biden". it's not the age. he's also convinced that biden is in total mental decline. 
    I had no idea Joe Rogan is a Russian bot *sarcasm*
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Exactly....he's just fucking stupid

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Which is beyond silly considering the same can be said about Trump.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited September 2020
    Isnt there already a thread about this guy mod?

May I suggest a merger?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

his argument is trump is stupid but biden is declining. he thinks both are terrible candidates. but he somehow finds trump funny. i think rogan simultaneously gets a kick out of and gets annoyed by the left constantly freaking out about everything. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    brianlux said:

Exactly....he's just fucking stupid
    he's not "fucking stupid". he just holds some different opinions than yours. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    brianlux said:

his argument is trump is stupid but biden is declining. he thinks both are terrible candidates. but he somehow finds trump funny. i think rogan simultaneously gets a kick out of and gets annoyed by the left constantly freaking out about everything. 

Sounds pretty fucking stupid to me.

I'm already on record as saying he isn't as bad as his critics make him out to be, but the guy is fucking dim. And yes, I have listened to several of his podcasts.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Sounds pretty fucking stupid to me.

I'm already on record as saying he isn't as bad as his critics make him out to be, but the guy is fucking dim. And yes, I have listened to several of his podcasts.

wow. i don't get that from him at all. he has a lot of ideas i don't agree with, but i find him to be quite intelligent. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some are spending time on this thread yet he’s not deemed “worthy”? :lol:

Personally, I simply don’t care what others think of him, or of my opinion of him. I just find it amusing at this point, and fairly close-minded.
  • Options

for reasons stated previously, i don't necessarily listen to him. this isn't a podcast of just a guy blathering on by himself for 2 hours. if i listened to him i'd watch his podcasts where it's just him and his buffoon buddies getting stoned and talking shit. i don't watch those. i'm sure some do. i watch for the guests he has on, if they happen to interest me. he's obviously not a journalist, so he isn't beholden to any type of standard when it comes to asking questions. so it's more of a conversation than an interview. believe it or not, i've learned a lot from certain guests on his show. he has a lot of respected intellectuals, and he does a good job of asking them good questions. 

he's also had a lot of morons that I couldn't watch for longer than 10 minutes before i shut it off. 

and sometimes i like to listen to a conversation with someone who has opposing viewpoints from myself (Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro), where the person is allowed to make their point without left wing media just waiting for that gotcha moment. and honestly, it helps humanize the "other side", which makes me more empathetic when dealing with people like that. yeah, he gets criticized for not asking tough questions of some of his guests, and sometimes i've also been disappointed with that, but i also know I can't have it both ways. 

of course he's an entertainer. i don't think anyone ever claimed otherwise. i certainly haven't. 

I'm honestly not trying to convince anyone to listen to the guy. I couldn't give two shits if people do. These are just my reasons and I think people have misconceptions because of what they hear about him and haven't watched themselves. 
    Fair enough.  From what I've heard I do not have interest.  To each their own.  I enjoy Howard Stern interviews.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    edited September 2020
    hedonist said:
    Some are spending time on this thread yet he’s not deemed “worthy”? :lol:

Personally, I simply don’t care what others think of him, or of my opinion of him. I just find it amusing at this point, and fairly close-minded.
    I really don't get your line of posting in this thread.  Are you only supposed to comment if you just agree that Joe's a great guy and great interviewer?

I mean...why does the Trump thread have so many posts?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Fair enough.  From what I've heard I do not have interest.  To each their own.  I enjoy Howard Stern interviews.
    i  haven't watched a ton of stern, but from what i have seen, i'm not a fan. he seems to tend to fanboy over bands and pander, but at the same time not really know a lot about the bands beyond what is common knowledge. 

i could be wrong, of course, as I haven't seen that many. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

i  haven't watched a ton of stern, but from what i have seen, i'm not a fan. he seems to tend to fanboy over bands and pander, but at the same time not really know a lot about the bands beyond what is common knowledge. 

i could be wrong, of course, as I haven't seen that many. 
    Since this is a Joe Rogan thread I won't go on too long.  But he does his research and mostly is very interested in bands/people.  There are a few that come off weird cause he just seems to have some peripheral knowledge...Like Machine Gun Kelly this week.  But mostly, very knowledgeable and great interviewer....again IMO.  And I listed some to his radio show for some time just about 5 days a week. 

Maybe with more exposure to Joe I'd see more to him.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I liked Joe on Fear Factor :)

• Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"