Options

Petition To Have Eddie Vedder on The Joe Rogan Experience

Petition to have Eddie Vedder and any other Pearl Jam band members to be on The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast. If you’re going to post politics on your main page; might as well discuss them, and possibly have your views challenged.
http://podcasts.joerogan.net/
Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
Denver 10-22-14

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Say what?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Petition? No thanks.

i think I’d rather listen to some of his other guests, but that’s just me.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    Surely we don’t want Vedder to waste his precious voice this late in his career talking to a person like Rogan.
  • Options
    Surely we don’t want Vedder to waste his precious voice this late in his career talking to a person like Rogan.
    Precious voice :rofl:

I’d be happy to shoot the shit with Rogan. The horror!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i like rogan. but eddie would embarrass him politically. rogan doesn't know much about how things work in washington. he's knows the basics and he knows personality. but that's about it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited September 2020
    i like rogan. but eddie would embarrass him politically. rogan doesn't know much about how things work in washington. he's knows the basics and he knows personality. but that's about it. 
    LOL!! EV knows how to express his views but I’ve never heard him exhibit any more knowledge on governing than Rogan. 

Rogan wouldn’t challenge any of EV’s views too hard because it would be part of the deal for EV to appear.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    LOL!! EV knows how to express his views but I’ve never heard him exhibit any more knowledge on governing than Rogan. 

Rogan wouldn’t challenge any of EV’s views too hard because it would be part of the deal for EV to appear.
    i have. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'd really like to see that. It's not exactly the outlet where I would form my political views, but it's a good show for entertainment purposes. What Joe Rogan offers I feel is a willingness to discuss any matter that people want to talk about, and I feel he's rarely trying to push an agenda.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Petition threads always make me scratch my head.  
    Pretty sure EV does whatever he wants.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I'd really like to see that. It's not exactly the outlet where I would form my political views, but it's a good show for entertainment purposes. What Joe Rogan offers I feel is a willingness to discuss any matter that people want to talk about, and I feel he's rarely trying to push an agenda.
    Agreed.

"Fuck smiley gladhands with hidden agendas" ;)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox said:

i have. 
    Post a link, I’d love to hear it. 
  • Options
    I like how some of you think you can predict the future or know what EV does with all his time.  All these comments for just a podcast...
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    I like how some of you think you can predict the future or know what EV does with all his time.  All these comments for just a podcast...
    this is a very confusing comment. 

a) i don't see anyone predicting the future or claiming they know what EV does with his time
    b) "all these comments for just a podcast". you started the petition thread! LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I don't care what Ed does or doesn't do.  And really, if you're going to start a thread, expect comments, speculation, etc.

Believer me, no one's consulting Miss Cleo here.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    hedonist said:
    I don't care what Ed does or doesn't do.  And really, if you're going to start a thread, expect comments, speculation, etc.

I believer you there!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Right?
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Easy- no problemo!

Please note, however:  Today's podcast has been cancelled. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I would tune in for this.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    nope.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I have zero interest in this! I’m tuning out politics for the rest of this year I’ll vote and just keep tuning out not watching not listening to any pundits no matter what the outlet might be! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
     might as well discuss them, and possibly have your views challenged.

Lol.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    I have zero interest in this! I’m tuning out politics for the rest of this year I’ll vote and just keep tuning out not watching not listening to any pundits no matter what the outlet might be! 
    Smart. Too toxic. 
  • Options
    I can’t believe anyone has interest in what Joe Rogan has to say about anything.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I can’t believe anyone has interest in what Joe Rogan has to say about anything.
    why not? he's well read, very well researched, does his homework on his guests and knows the basics on the topics that he knows are going to come up. he has some questionable theories sometimes, but i find it interesting, and when it's not interesting, it's amusing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I figure if some people don’t care for him or have zero interest in any of his guests, they won’t tune in. So what?
  • Options
    some people like to post opinions in a discussion. others like to just be a contrarian masked as ambivalent. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I'd like to hear more from dmaradona10  on what Vedder on Rogan's show would look like.

My guess is it would start with Rogan asking Eddie about his thoughts on current events and end with Eddie asking Joe if he's ever tried hatchet throwing or jumping from high scaffolding onto a crowd of people.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I'd like to hear more from dmaradona10  on what Vedder on Rogan's show would look like.

My guess is it would start with Rogan asking Eddie about his thoughts on current events and end with Eddie asking Joe if he's ever tried hatchet throwing or jumping from high scaffolding onto a crowd of people.

:lol:  Whoa.  You went a little Chadwick there.  Love it!

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    I can't imagine that Eddie would have any interest talking to Rogan.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville