Options

Why are we encouraging mail-in voting...

2»

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I understand the argument of voting in person, because there will be ballots in question. I don't know why states are extending the deadline, some as many as 14 days I think. Ballots showing up November 17 but postmarked November 3 are definitely going to raise questions.  If anyone is going to mail in a ballot they should do it early and it should be counted immediately, not days or weeks later. 

trump recently cut post office resources for the sole purpose to get the mail behind schedule. That’s why some states are legally extending the deadlines.
    The post office doesn't count ballots, right? Its not going to take 14 days to mail an envelope within state, 2 or 3 days tops. 

Many states have laws that ballots must be received by Election Day. Are you saying the post office does not have the ability to delay about 70,000 ballots? Are you saying hundreds of thousands of Americans will not wait until the last week to mail their ballots? Yes millions will mail them in early, but millions will wait until the last week. With the cuts to the USPS, this will be an issue.
    Of course people will wait. I’m saying even a flooded market with ballots, it’s still not going to take 14 days to mail an envelope in state. I bet Christmas is a much busier season by far and a Christmas card will still make it across state in a couple days. 
    I would question if a large number of ballots postmarked 11/3 suddenly show up and are counted 14 days later. Deadline should be the Friday after voting, Monday at the latest. I would question ballots showing up after that. To extend the deadline 14 days is ridiculous.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    cutz said:
    This idiot says he won't trust the election if he loses.  I am registered a republican and I get texts from the whole Truymp family encouraging me to mail in my vote.  WTF is it Donald?

Vote Biden everyone!
    Trump's stance: if I'm losing, mail in ballots matter; if I'm winning, mail in ballots are rigged. He plays both sides and everyone let's the fuck wad work them up whatever he says. He doesn't care. He just loves the headline.
    Some things do boggle my mind and this is one of them...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I understand the argument of voting in person, because there will be ballots in question. I don't know why states are extending the deadline, some as many as 14 days I think. Ballots showing up November 17 but postmarked November 3 are definitely going to raise questions.  If anyone is going to mail in a ballot they should do it early and it should be counted immediately, not days or weeks later. 

trump recently cut post office resources for the sole purpose to get the mail behind schedule. That’s why some states are legally extending the deadlines.
    The post office doesn't count ballots, right? Its not going to take 14 days to mail an envelope within state, 2 or 3 days tops. 

Many states have laws that ballots must be received by Election Day. Are you saying the post office does not have the ability to delay about 70,000 ballots? Are you saying hundreds of thousands of Americans will not wait until the last week to mail their ballots? Yes millions will mail them in early, but millions will wait until the last week. With the cuts to the USPS, this will be an issue.
    Of course people will wait. I’m saying even a flooded market with ballots, it’s still not going to take 14 days to mail an envelope in state. I bet Christmas is a much busier season by far and a Christmas card will still make it across state in a couple days. 
    I would question if a large number of ballots postmarked 11/3 suddenly show up and are counted 14 days later. Deadline should be the Friday after voting, Monday at the latest. I would question ballots showing up after that. To extend the deadline 14 days is ridiculous.
    This is an interesting conundrum. If I mail my ballot and it is postmarked by the deadline set by the state, but for some reason it doesn't show up until 14 days later, it should be discarded? I would be pissed. What should happen is that an investigation should be conducted regarding the Post Office responsible for delivery, not punishing a voter doing their due diligence. Once I turn my mail over to the USPS, it's on them to deliver it as expected, unless I messed up postage or an address. I agree, it would be ridiculous and highly suspicious if mail didn't get delivered for 2 weeks. I would want to know what the hell was going on with that USPS Office.
    It's a hopeless situation...