Doctors, Dentists, and Eye Doctors

Well, I was finally able to get to my eye doctor and get some new contacts. I should have been there for an exam 5 months ago, but I need not explain why that wasn't possible. Anyways, it went much smoother than I had thought it was going to go. Plenty of plexiglass separating workers and patients. Everyone in a mask, and a couple had face shields. I watched as every machine used for testing was completely disinfected, and wiped down after every patient. It was fine actually. Next for me will be a visit to the doctor for a checkup in a couple weeks.

How about you? Have you been able to get an appointment for eyecare? Everything go smooth? You feel safe?

And if you have been to a dentist? Please tell me how that all went? masks? face shields? Did you feel safe?

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    eye doctor cancelled my appt without telling me or calling to reschedule, I understand the need to cancel but fuck off not even reaching out via email or a call.

I get cleaning every 3 months. regular and a deep clean. deep clean was fine, usually never busy in that office(periodontist) when I go. hygienist was double masked.

get a text to confirm my next appt with reg dentist 2 weeks ago,  reply confirm. get a call immediately sayong oh we changed our hours we apologize blah blah blah. FUCK OFF for not reaching out.

had appt with sleep doc ahead of med card physical. temp check, distanced during appt both of us in masks. same with med card physical. testosterone injection twice, temp checks and masks all around.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Been to the dentist 3 times in the last 2 months with no issues.
    Everyone is masked and wearing a face shield 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    edited September 2020
    My optometrist told me I'm in that early cataract phase where I don't need anything done yet but very well may need to someday.  OK, now this is where I get really freaked out.  To remove the lens in your eye and replace it, guess what?  They have to do that with your eyes open!!!  Are you kidding me???  Whaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!   (Runs for the nearest door, screaming.)

But, yes, I have been to the dentist for a teeth cleaning recently.  It went fine except for the screening to get in.  They ask if you have a temperature or any symptoms of illness, then use one of those forehead thermometers to check your temperature.  So the lady does that and sets the device on the table and say, "OK, go on in."  I look down at the device and it say 100.2 degrees.  Well, bullshit, I say to myself, I normally run low at about 96.8 and know when I have even a slight fever, so I point this out to her.  She say, "Oh, that one isn't always accurate, let's try another," and she takes my temperature and, sure enough, it reads 96.8.  But Wednesday Thursday Friday???  She let's the first one pass?  Marvelous...
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    been to the dentist. they did the scaling but not the cleaning because of covid. can't recall the specific reason. but she was wearing a face shield and it was pretty normal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I went to my dentist a couple weeks ago.  She and her assistant wore masks and clear face shields, and nothing was left out of the usual process.

• Off to the dr now. First  time this year. Looks like rheumatoid arthritis from bloods. Fuckin great.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    6 months over due for the Dentist. My Dentist retired last Month so not sure when I'll go to a new one.

Well over a year behind on my Eye checkup. 

Gonna be seeing a DR. next week  for the First time since the Pandemic. 
    Every doctor I’ve seen in the last six months (jesus, it’s been that long?) has been diligent with procedures. Even my physical therapist. Those are two places about which I have no worry visiting. 

Rob, good luck to you. 
  • Thank you. It was a bit scary as i have health anxiety.  The waiting room only had 3 but even then i haven't  been in a room with anyone outside my flat  for easy 6 months. I felt like a trapped animal.
    Dr had positive  news so i wait. But as far as protocols  they were diligent. 
    Cases are steadily rising here so its squeaky bum time anywhere out and about.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Good luck, best wishes as always to you both, Rob and Hedo. 

I'm feeling pretty lucky so far this year with only one teeth cleaning, one minor skin cancer issue and a few chiropractor visits.  Compared to last year with a couple of trips to the E.R., this has been an OK year health wise (knock on wood).

Stay well, everybody!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

Well, I was finally able to get to my eye doctor and get some new contacts. I should have been there for an exam 5 months ago, but I need not explain why that wasn't possible. Anyways, it went much smoother than I had thought it was going to go. Plenty of plexiglass separating workers and patients. Everyone in a mask, and a couple had face shields. I watched as every machine used for testing was completely disinfected, and wiped down after every patient. It was fine actually. Next for me will be a visit to the doctor for a checkup in a couple weeks.

How about you? Have you been able to get an appointment for eyecare? Everything go smooth? You feel safe?

And if you have been to a dentist? Please tell me how that all went? masks? face shields? Did you feel safe?

I just went to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning and inspection of my teeth. All went well my dental hygienist had on two masks, head scarf and a face shield. I had an issue with one tooth I'll be back there to see the protagonist next month. That was it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited September 2020
    if the hygentist wouldnt have called off AFTER i rescheduled cuz they changed hours on mondays. WITHOUT telling patients well before hand, I could have reported on my general dentists office and procedures.

Dr visit for neck/nerve twinge thingy , all good protocol wise. fit me in lady minute.
     xray last week. made me put on a mask THEY provided. mine wasnt acceptable to them apparently. all good there too. protocol wise that is.
    Doc said she saw no issue with neck. but its a pinched/impinged nerve to the right. it isnt showing up on xray......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Mri?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Mri?

maybe. insurance dictates the next step. imo ot it should be next. am seeing chiro too

• I had mri and it shows nerve and disc  very well.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I had mri and it shows nerve and disc  very well.

oh. I meant maybe thats next.  mri imaging is phenomenal.  creeps me out getting one.

mickeyrat said:

oh. I meant maybe thats next.  mri imaging is phenomenal.  creeps me out getting one.
    I have to take a relaxer before those. Toughest part is not dozing off while being told to hold your breath, now breathe normally, etc.

It helps though; an hour in that tube with the sound can be more than a bit disconcerting (understatement).
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

I have to take a relaxer before those. Toughest part is not dozing off while being told to hold your breath, now breathe normally, etc.

It helps though; an hour in that tube with the sound can be more than a bit disconcerting (understatement).
    i actually find it relaxing, after the initial claustrophobia wears off. i almost fell asleep. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

i actually find it relaxing, after the initial claustrophobia wears off. i almost fell asleep. 

LOL, Finding an MRI relaxing- I find that charming and amusing! Only HFD!  :smiley:
    Because I have hyperacusis, the loud volume of an MRI is almost unbearable even with earplugs and headphones (both together can only attenuate about 45 dB's because the skeletal structure transmits sound). So the two or three times I've had one done, I think of myself as being in a science fiction movie and the sounds are part of the soundtrack.  That actually helps a bit.

brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

LOL, Finding an MRI relaxing- I find that charming and amusing! Only HFD!  :smiley:
    Because I have hyperacusis, the loud volume of an MRI is almost unbearable even with earplugs and headphones (both together can only attenuate about 45 dB's because the skeletal structure transmits sound). So the two or three times I've had one done, I think of myself as being in a science fiction movie and the sounds are part of the soundtrack.  That actually helps a bit.

the one time I had one, they gave me headphones and cranked GnR. I had those little footies on and was getting hot and feeling closed in from the music blaring and the machine.

having apnea, any prone position can close my throat(ask the dental tech fitting a crown!!!) AND I have sinus issues so it will be a challenge getting one again.

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

the one time I had one, they gave me headphones and cranked GnR. I had those little footies on and was getting hot and feeling closed in from the music blaring and the machine.

having apnea, any prone position can close my throat(ask the dental tech fitting a crown!!!) AND I have sinus issues so it will be a challenge getting one again.
    Holy crap, man, that would make an MRI tough as hell.  Kudos for sticking it out!

Try having one while lying on your STOMACH.
    hedonist said:

that may be an option for me. we'll see.  some home PT and positional mindfulness as well as working on posture should help me tons..

• I need to see several doctors, at least one dentist and since I gouged my eyes out during the debate, a glass eye optometrist.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    hedonist said:
    why would that be worse?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:
    why would that be worse?
    If you have a bad back, or a double mastectomy like my cousin, or are already fairly claustrophobic.

If you can do it, great. 
  • I found i was making  a rhythm out of the noises to calm myself
     I was  scared of the outcome more than the procedure  but i see why its claustrophobic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

what i was scared of? totally irrational, but i'm lying in there thinking "ok, it's me in this tube, and one technician in a room 30 feet away, what if they drop dead, or if there's an emergency of some kind, i'm stuck in here until someone finds me". 

just took some deep breaths and realized how unlikely that would be in the 20 minutes i was in there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You could always shimmy yourself down and out.  At least, I think I could.

I've got an ultrasound tomorrow and (like you, Rob) am more focused on the results than the safety protocols taken by the hospital and staff.  Fortunately, that part's become a non-stressor for me.
  • Good luck hedo thinking of you. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07