Options

Flag Day Soundtrack 2021 CD & Vinyl on sale now

Comments

• Options
    Was the Into the Wild soundtrack tenclub exclusive at first? I got mine from tenclub... but don't remember if it was available from e.g. Amazon also?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    Sean and Dylan Penn Discuss Their Film “Flag Day” Following an Exclusive Screening Hosted by Rolling Stone  https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/sean-and-dylan-penn-flag-day-movie-1213543/

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Was the Into the Wild soundtrack tenclub exclusive at first? I got mine from tenclub... but don't remember if it was available from e.g. Amazon also?
    I got it from a record store in LA.  You had to call them to get it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Eddie Vedder describes "FLAG DAY" - part 1

Eddie Vedder adds details about "FLAG DAY" part 2

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    ^ Wow! :open_mouth: Love at first listen! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
  • Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I haven't been this excited for a soundtrack in a VERY long time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Does anybody know when pre order is available for the UK. The UK bit of the website has hardly any stuff available compared to the US 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    It was (sort of).  It was available in 2 places.  10c sold them, and website called Aural Exploits somehow got access to a bunch too.  Most of the ones ordered from Aural Exploits weren't shipped great, and the movement in the packaging cause the records to make a small hole along the seam at the top of the record packaging.  This is the version that included the 7" No More Single.

MOV did a reissue a few years later, and I think there was that one available at Urban Outfitters a few years after that?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I think i was the only guy who got a mint ITW from Aural Exploits lol
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Loving it!! Can't wait to see the movie. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    edited August 2021
    If they would just let us know, after many requests for some clarification, the mystery would be solved. I am going to be at my local record store Saturday, they can usually look up upcoming releases to see if they will be able to get them. I will ask them if it something that they are going to be able to get.    
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    Loving it!! Can't wait to see the movie. 

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    edited August 2021
    If they would just let us know, after many requests for some clarification, the mystery would be solved. I am going to be at my local record store Saturday, they can usually look up upcoming releases to see if they will be able to get them. I will ask them if it something that they are going to be able to get.    

Even if record stores are going to get it, I doubt they can look anything up at this point.  The vinyl release days it comes out when available.. lol.  It doesn't even have a release date.

It's crazy some of the vinyl preorders I've done lately.  Ships in 2022.. lol.  I guess artists have given up on the don't put them on sale 'til they've got them kind of thing.

on the upside I just got the email from the 10c that my purchase included a digital copy of the show which I can now access.  They didn't cheap out either.  They included the FLAC  :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    edited August 2021
    Theres a Girl is a a really good song

The beginning of Drive reminds me of Genesis for some reason. Mid-end feels pink floydish. Good song though
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    Theres a Girl is a a really good song

The beginning of Drive reminds me of Genesis for some reason. Mid-end feels pink floydish. Good song though
    R.E.M. cover
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    @Santos L. Halper

Clarification please.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 401
    Just spoke with my local record store. No vinyl is yet listed in Germany. Didn’t 10c have an estimated shipping date for the vinyl when the started selling? Now it is tbd. Maybe someone could clarify this.

great soundtrack btw.
  • Options
    Amazing soundtrack.

If one buy it from tenclub, can you opt out of the digital version (which I do not need) and just cancel it before it is being sent out if it shows up in swedish/european stores?
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    Didn’t 10c have an estimated shipping date for the vinyl when the started selling? Now it is tbd. Maybe someone could clarify this.

They never posted an estimated shipping date on the vinyl.
    It's been "Vinyl and CDs will ship at a later date (tbd)" since the pre order went live.

• Options
    Thanks 10club! 24Bit Flac download. B)

• Options
    21 dollar shipping. 

ROCK
    AND
    ROLL

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,907
    edited August 2021
    Eddie was made to cover Drive. Wow! 😍 on first listen this is a really good album. Haven’t heard Cat Power too much before and we all know what Glen will bring. Olivia has such a beautiful voice too. Other highlights for me include tender mercies, I’ll be waiting and as you did before. Looking forward to subsequent listens. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Downloaded over night and ready for my drive into work. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    21 dollar shipping. 

ROCK
    AND
    ROLL

I know... There doesn't seem a way to realistically purchase this physically in Europe right now. 
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    MH79917MH79917 Posts: 22
    Did you know where can I find the digital download ? I Only see the Vinyl and CD options. Thanks !
    Mathieu Hamel
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    MH79917 said:
    Did you know where can I find the digital download ? I Only see the Vinyl and CD options. Thanks !
    Got mine cause I ordered the Vinyl

they prob give you one for the CD too

Excellent soundtrack 

• Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Listened to my download this morning. Really mellow and very enjoyable.