Kenny Mayne Talks Pearl Jam Fandom

We got a chance to speak with SportsCenter anchor Kenny Mayne this week to talk about some of his favorite moments as a Pearl Jam fan. We’ll get into his incredible story about how he acquired one of the toughest tickets in the history of Pearl Jam in Benaroya Hall, his friendship with Jeff and how that came to be, and great stories involving Stevie Wonder and Tom Petty.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Thank you! This has to be entertaining.
    I wonder if he’s on here 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,943
    I got to say hi to Kenny at the Wrigley show in 2013 and also at Ed solo in Newark in 2008.  He’s a genuine fan. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    I got to say hi to Kenny at the Wrigley show in 2013 and also at Ed solo in Newark in 2008.  He’s a genuine fan. 
    Ha he was in the urinal next to me at Newark and we were both agreeing there would be no shaking hands 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,782
    When he was the first eliminated on Dancing with the Stars, he mentioned Pearl Jam and said he was a "Dead Man Walking". Then they cut him off
    I miss igotid88
  • I walked past him at Fenway in 2016. My buddy pointed at him and said, "hey, that's Kenny Mayne!" and he said, "I sure am. Enjoy the show, fellas" 
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    Fenway 2018. Was taking pic of Green Monster, then realized later on when looking at the pic that I inadvertently got KM walking by. 
    So he def goes to all the big shows. 
  • KM has been one of my favorite SC anchors.  I haven't watched SC in a long time, but he was one of the guys I grew up watching like Patrick, Olbermann, Cohn, Scott (RIP), Kilbourn, etc.  I look forward to listening to your guy's interview with him!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    KM has been one of my favorite SC anchors.  I haven't watched SC in a long time, but he was one of the guys I grew up watching like Patrick, Olbermann, Cohn, Scott (RIP), Kilbourn, etc.  I look forward to listening to your guy's interview with him!

KM has been one of my favorite SC anchors.  I haven't watched SC in a long time, but he was one of the guys I grew up watching like Patrick, Olbermann, Cohn, Scott (RIP), Kilbourn, etc.  I look forward to listening to your guy's interview with him!

Yep. I miss SC...fucking legend.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • KM has been one of my favorite SC anchors.  I haven't watched SC in a long time, but he was one of the guys I grew up watching like Patrick, Olbermann, Cohn, Scott (RIP), Kilbourn, etc.  I look forward to listening to your guy's interview with him!

Yep. I miss SC...fucking legend.
    Who/What is ‘SC’? If it is Sportscenter, turn to ESPN. Sportscenter has aired about 19 times, just this morning!
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    Kenny and friends sat next to us prepartying before the Gibson theatre shows in 2009.....funny guy
  • Very cool episode guys.  Randy, I didn't know you had worked for ESPN.  That had to be a great experience, hopefully.  Were you there when they were running the show "Dream Job?"
  • Very cool episode guys.  Randy, I didn't know you had worked for ESPN.  That had to be a great experience, hopefully.  Were you there when they were running the show "Dream Job?"
    No I believe that was before my time. We were done with the reality show era by the time I got there. I could spend a whole entire show talking about my experiences there, lots of both good and bad. I have enough for a book most likely
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
    No I believe that was before my time. We were done with the reality show era by the time I got there. I could spend a whole entire show talking about my experiences there, lots of both good and bad. I have enough for a book most likely
    That was an interesting era.  I also remember “Knight School.”