As a PJ fanatic, this was the CRAZIEST vinyl find/story of my lifetime. I'm still in shock.

2»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    edited September 2020
    demetrios said:
    LukinFan said:
    Awesome. Still hoping for a re-issue one day. 

Pearl Jam should totally reissue this on a Record Store Day event someday.
    limited to 50,000 copies
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,523
    demetrios said:
    LukinFan said:

They probably won't.  It was limited from the get go.  It sold out in less than 48 hours and didn't nothing but increase in value.

I'd really like to the the Dissident 3 pack get released on vinyl.   That could be an amazing vinyl release.   Either release all 3 at the same time, or they'd have 3 rsd's covered :)  The discs were on the shorter side so they would fit on a single vinyl record.

On the flip side the show is technically incomplete in that format, so releasing the whole thing would be cool too.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,294
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    LukinFan said:

They probably won't.  It was limited from the get go.  It sold out in less than 48 hours and didn't nothing but increase in value.

I'd really like to the the Dissident 3 pack get released on vinyl.   That could be an amazing vinyl release.   Either release all 3 at the same time, or they'd have 3 rsd's covered :)  The discs were on the shorter side so they would fit on a single vinyl record.

On the flip side the show is technically incomplete in that format, so releasing the whole thing would be cool too.

Atlanta '94 vinyl would be wonderful & keeping it in the same artwork / packaging like the Dissident 3 pack CD set would be even sweeter!
  • You are a fantastic storyteller.  I was on the edge of my seat!  Congrats!  What a find.  
  • MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    palm0014 said:
    You are a fantastic storyteller.  I was on the edge of my seat!  Congrats!  What a find.  
    Thank you so much!! One of the nicest compliments I could recieve :)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,942
    MEK42 said:
    palm0014 said:
    You are a fantastic storyteller.  I was on the edge of my seat!  Congrats!  What a find.  
    Thank you so much!! One of the nicest compliments I could recieve :)
    I second this.  PJ should have you do some social media stuff. Would definitely tune in. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    I wonder how old Matt's son is? He seems to have done his research before selling this since the price is about right for an opened and presumably played set. Maybe even a bit high depending on how clean the vinyl is. Of course, he sure missed the mark on the band-signed box's value - likely worth $1200. by itself. I hope his dad isn't pissed off at him, as I imagine he knows all about it by now.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    He's likely able to get anything he wants signed by the band whenever he wants. There's also a chance he has multiple signed copies. There's also likely less than one percent of people that are ever going to pay $1k for a record set. I'm happy for the fan who purchased it, as he seems very happy with it.
    shecky said:
    I wonder how old Matt's son is? He seems to have done his research before selling this since the price is about right for an opened and presumably played set. Maybe even a bit high depending on how clean the vinyl is. Of course, he sure missed the mark on the band-signed box's value - likely worth $1200. by itself. I hope his dad isn't pissed off at him, as I imagine he knows all about it by now.
    He claimed the vinyl looked unplayed and after spinning it, I'd agree. Dead quiet outside of a few minor staticky pops that would probably go away with a wet cleaning. 

I hope MC isn't mad, if he knows! Ray didn't tell me to be discrete or anything so I'm assuming he is fine with my video..
  • Wow awesome find congrats!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,024
    edited September 2020
    It seems odd that Matt's son would need some spending money. And before I get attacked I'm not judging him, it's just weird to me that it wasn't used to raise money for something. I'm sure if Matt knew he would have given him whatever for it and put it in an auction somehow. The price doesn't seem to fully support him wanting to give someone a super great deal. Yes, it's below previous sale prices but $1200 is still $1200 so he clearly knew that wasn't unreasonable.  I guess I just think there were so many better ways to handle unloading it even if he just wanted to cash in.  Regardless, congrats on the score!  I thought finding No Code in the used bin one day for $8 before it was reprinted was as good as it could get lol
    Post edited by aspoonfulweighsaton on
    bump!
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,636
    edited September 2020
    Just saw the clip.  Awesome story and congrats.  I need to go into random record stores now looking for this and the WeekND trilogy, based on your videos.  Just saw your scammer video too, great lessons learned.  Thanks for the heads up.  I did find it slightly ironic with you talking about the scammer with the Weeknd trilogy album being deceitful and misleading while wearing a cartel shirt.   Any other PJ holy grail stuff on your radar?  Is there an Atlanta 1994 video in existence anywhere from the radio broadcast?
    Post edited by YourDirtisMyfood on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,294
    Just wondering .. Does Matt's son have any other signed Pearl Jam vinyl for sale? And if so, does he ship to Canada?  =)
  • Very cool story and very cool find.

I remember someone saying on here, maybe after listening to one of the guys (maybe even Matt) on a podcast or something that they seemingly have no clue how valuable some of their releases are. I can't remember if they were talking about Benaroya specifically or not, but when the interviewer brought it up, they were like "huh?".  Obviously, they must know the signatures alone make it highly sought out, but plenty of fans have autographs.  There's a good chance son did it without dad knowing :)

Matt has the oldest kids in the group (outside of Boom, maybe?) Maybe when Ed's girls get older they'll start hawking some of the old man's stuff haha
    Just saw the clip.  Awesome story and congrats.  I need to go into random record stores now looking for this and the WeekND trilogy, based on your videos.  Just saw your scammer video too, great lessons learned.  Thanks for the heads up.  I did find it slightly ironic with you talking about the scammer with the Weeknd trilogy album being deceitful and misleading while wearing a cartel shirt.   Any other PJ holy grail stuff on your radar?  Is there an Atlanta 1994 video in existence anywhere from the radio broadcast?
    The last PJ holy grail I need is the GITD Twenty. I JUST knocked off the Into the Wild picture disk and promo 7" SOLAT set.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 Posts: 1,437
    MEK42 said:
    The last PJ holy grail I need is the GITD Twenty. I JUST knocked off the Into the Wild picture disk and promo 7" SOLAT set.
    you grab that $400 picture on eBay? Was hoping someone from the board got that...

nuzzer1 said:
    MEK42 said:
    you grab that $400 picture on eBay? Was hoping someone from the board got that...

No, but that's not a terrible price. I saw it on the wall of Amoeba Hollywood a few years back for $600 or $700.

I actually found out someone involved with Vinyl Films is a fan of my channel and they hooked it up. I was beyond floored at their generosity. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,265
    edited February 2021
    I'm late to the game and just saw the video. That is so cool. If you ever find out why he was selling it for 1/5 what he could have gotten, let us know.
    Just read some other posts, I'm starting to agree he just didn't know. Probably thought it was a $100 record with the signatures or something, 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    MEK42 said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    MEK42 said:

No, but that's not a terrible price. I saw it on the wall of Amoeba Hollywood a few years back for $600 or $700.

I actually found out someone involved with Vinyl Films is a fan of my channel and they hooked it up. I was beyond floored at their generosity. 
    Wow! That’s very cool!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    MEK42 said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    MEK42 said:

it's weird that now when I read your posts it's your voice in my head. LOL
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

MEK42 said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    MEK42 said:

it's weird that now when I read your posts it's your voice in my head. LOL

LMAO

I'm honored 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    nuzzer1 said:
    MEK42 said:

The seller had 3 of them actually. Saw it was down to 1 today so I grabbed the last one. 
  • Love your YT channel!  Been watching videos practically non-stop.  Saw you mentioned the "Final Fantasy Vinyls" on your top 5 Holy Grails.  A buddy of mine had a copy of that and sold it for "a mere $300" back in 2017 before moving to Japan.  
    Love your YT channel!  Been watching videos practically non-stop.  Saw you mentioned the "Final Fantasy Vinyls" on your top 5 Holy Grails.  A buddy of mine had a copy of that and sold it for "a mere $300" back in 2017 before moving to Japan.  
    Thank you man!! $300 is a steal for that set these days but honestly, I had a copy at one point -- it's very disappointing. Each disk is like 50% deadwax, there's like 8-10 mins per side. Very awkward to enjoy.