THE BATMAN (2021. Robert Pattison. Zoë Kravitz Dir: Matt Reeves)

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
edited August 2020 in All Encompassing Trip
Yes, Michael Keaton is returning as Batman in the "The Flash"-movie, and so i Batfleck - who is also getting another chance with Snyders re-cut of Justice League -- but still we all agree on that the Batman-movie we want to see is a Tim Burton/Michael Keaton team up to finish of their trilogy. 

But, until then Reeves Batman with Robert Pattison is coming next year. Another reboot of this franchise. I had missed that the trailer had been released,

And with anyone doubting or doubted Pattison, I just laugh like I did when Heath Ledger was reveladed as the Joker and people went crazy online. It was so stupid. Then obviously that first smudgy picture of the Joker was released and everyone calmed down. I would believe everyone is calm now too. (using Nirvana feels off and very "put in a sad song"-generic like most trailers nowadays. Atleast it's not a sad-ified cover of a song)

https://youtu.be/ewDSeyWve8M
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    -- but still we all agree on that the Batman-movie we want to see is a Tim Burton/Michael Keaton team up to finish of their trilogy. 

In a word, No.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    edited August 2020
    Poncier said:
    -- but still we all agree on that the Batman-movie we want to see is a Tim Burton/Michael Keaton team up to finish of their trilogy. 

In a word, No.
    I don't believe you.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Poncier said:

In a word, No.
    Two words:
    Hell, no.

I did like the new trailer, agree there

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,103
    Need a Batman/Birdman mash up

The Batman trailer looks pretty good.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    I like a darker Batman.  No more Burton/Keaton.

Who is the villain supposed to be, a modern day Riddler?  The notes and riddles would make me guess that.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,435
    edited August 2020
    Why does he look like the Winter Soldier though?! Or the Crow?!
    JPPJ84 said:
    Dark and brooding?  It's the Frank Miller approach to Batman I guess?
    JPPJ84 said:
    More the hair and eye makeup. I wouldn’t call Robert Pattinson brooding. Looks more like a caricature ;) 
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    More the hair and eye makeup. I wouldn’t call Robert Pattinson brooding. Looks more like a caricature ;) 
    Reminded me of Gaiman's or rather Sam Keith's Sandman...
    Sandman - Issue 2 - Imperfect Hosts
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 
    Snadman Comic by Neil Gaman is amazing.  Give it a read.

Who is the villain supposed to be, a modern day Riddler?  The notes and riddles would make me guess that.
    Riddler(Paul Dano), Penguin (Colin Farrell) & Catwoman( Zoe Kravitz) all cast in the movie.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 
    He would be a lot older if this were Frank Miller's Batman/Dark Knight.

I agree with S_C that Tim Burton made the best Batman films and that Michael Keaton was the best movie Batman. They struck the appropriate balance between fun and dark that has been the appeal of Batman and his Rogue's Gallery since the characters humble pulp beginnings.

The only Christopher Nolan film I enjoyed was the last one. Too much (sub)mental masturbation going on in them for my taste. Of course, that goes for every Nolan flick, in my opinion. Also, I'll never see the appeal of Christian Bale as an actor. I just don't see an ounce of talent in any of his performances. I will say that one thing I did appreciate about Nolan's cerebral approach was that it got women to watch comic book films. This is purely based on anecdotal evidence--that being the amount of women in the lines and cinemas sans male companions when I went to screenings.

And 1966 Batman was too much on the fun side, which, while it made for great camp, failed to strike the appropriate fun/darkness balance of the source material.  

The trailer for the new one just looks like they're doubling down on the darkness (a la Joker). The trailer was devoid of a single wisecrack, I think. Doesn't bode well for me.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

I agree that Tim Burton made the best Batman films and that Michael Keaton was the best Batman. They struck the appropriate balance between fun and dark that has been the appeal of Batman and his Rogue's Gallery since the beginning.

The only Christopher Nolan film I enjoyed was the last one. Too much mental masturbation going on in them for my taste. Of course, that goes for every Nolan flick, in my opinion. Also, I'll never see the appeal of Christian Bale as an actor. I just don't see an ounce of talent in any of his performances. 

And 1966 Batman was too much on the fun side, which, while it made for great camp, failed to strike the appropriate balance of the source material.  

The trailer for the new one just looks like they're doubling down on the darkness (a la Joker). The trailer was devoid of a single wisecrack, I think. Doesn't bode well for me.
    Frank Miller's take on Batman transformed to every aspect of him now.  Just like Spiderman is drawn in the way that McFarlane did all those years ago.

Batman is dark and that is how he should be or how I like him to be.  The whole Christian Bale Batman series was by far my favorite and Ledgers Joker was just icing on the cake.
    Poncier said:

Riddler(Paul Dano), Penguin (Colin Farrell) & Catwoman( Zoe Kravitz) all cast in the movie.

I got Riddler and Catwoman but never saw the Penguin in that clip, mind you I haven't read squat on this up until today.
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

I agree that Tim Burton made the best Batman films and that Michael Keaton was the best Batman. They struck the appropriate balance between fun and dark that has been the appeal of Batman and his Rogue's Gallery since the beginning.

The only Christopher Nolan film I enjoyed was the last one. Too much mental masturbation going on in them for my taste. Of course, that goes for every Nolan flick, in my opinion. Also, I'll never see the appeal of Christian Bale as an actor. I just don't see an ounce of talent in any of his performances. 

And 1966 Batman was too much on the fun side, which, while it made for great camp, failed to strike the appropriate balance of the source material.  

Frank Miller's take on Batman transformed to every aspect of him now.  Just like Spiderman is drawn in the way that McFarlane did all those years ago.

Batman is dark and that is how he should be or how I like him to be.  The whole Christian Bale Batman series was by far my favorite and Ledgers Joker was just icing on the cake.
    Mark Hamill's Joker is the best Joker.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 
    I’m not all that much into comics. But I do love Neil Gaiman books!
    Poncier said:

I got Riddler and Catwoman but never saw the Penguin in that clip, mind you I haven't read squat on this up until today.
    He‘s the fat old guy. You can’t actually recognize Farrell
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

I agree with S_C that Tim Burton made the best Batman films and that Michael Keaton was the best Batman. They struck the appropriate balance between fun and dark that has been the appeal of Batman and his Rogue's Gallery since the characters humble pulp beginnings.

The only Christopher Nolan film I enjoyed was the last one. Too much (sub)mental masturbation going on in them for my taste. Of course, that goes for every Nolan flick, in my opinion. Also, I'll never see the appeal of Christian Bale as an actor. I just don't see an ounce of talent in any of his performances. I will say that one thing I did appreciate about Nolan's cerebral approach was that it got women to watch comic book films. This is purely based on anecdotal evidence--that being the amount of women in the lines and cinemas sans male companions when I went to screenings.

And 1966 Batman was too much on the fun side, which, while it made for great camp, failed to strike the appropriate fun/darkness balance of the source material.  

Weird, I completely disagree on Nolan‘s series and Christian Bale. He’s a brilliant actor in my eyes and I loved the first two films a lot. The third was still good but had a weird abrupt ending. The very end was charming though 
    JPPJ84 said:
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

I agree with S_C that Tim Burton made the best Batman films and that Michael Keaton was the best Batman. They struck the appropriate balance between fun and dark that has been the appeal of Batman and his Rogue's Gallery since the characters humble pulp beginnings.

Weird, I completely disagree on Nolan‘s series and Christian Bale. He’s a brilliant actor in my eyes and I loved the first two films a lot. The third was still good but had a weird abrupt ending. The very end was charming though 
    My favorite Batman on any screen was Batman: The Animated Series, which spawned the often overlooked but always awesome film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. And, of course, Mark Hamill's Joker.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

My favorite Batman on any screen was Batman: The Animated Series, which spawned the often overlooked but always awesome film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. And, of course, Mark Hamill's Joker.
    That’s before my time I think.
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

This story is supposedly set during his 2nd year being Batman, so not an origin story, starting just after that, likely with some origin type flashbacks I imagine.

While I appreciate some humor, I like the darker rake on Batman by far. The Bale movies were the best, and the Joel Schumacher "films" should be burned.
    The Burton/Keaton movies were good, but Keaton is way too old to play Batman in the traditional lead, could be Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond type of movie, but that's not what the public would want. Burton meanwhile has turned into a complete hack since he made those films and I shudder to think what ridiculous roles he'd cast Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in were he to helm a new Batman movie.
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

I've heard this from you before.  I still haven't watched the animated series in depth.

I have also heard that the animated Star Wars is fantastic too.

One day.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Never seen that one 

I've heard this from you before.  I still haven't watched the animated series in depth.

I have also heard that the animated Star Wars is fantastic too.

One day.
    I agree about Hamill’s Joker and the animated series, definitely check it out. When I’ve bought some of the animated movies they usually include some episodes of the series and it still looks good today (even with the black bars on the side of the screen, lol).

I’ve only watched the Clone Wars series and it had more of the Star Wars feel than the prequel and sequel series of movies. Highly recommended!

Back to the best “super” hero ever, The Batman, lol!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    If you've ever played Arkham Asylum, you've also heard Mark Hamill's Joker. 

Also, it's a kick-ass game!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    If you've ever played Arkham Asylum, you've also heard Mark Hamill's Joker. 

Also, it's a kick-ass game!
    Arkum Asylum the comic was my introduction to a darker and more sinister Joker, much like Killing Joke.  But Arkum Asylum and the way it was drawn was just amazing to me.
    How Postmodernism Challenges Notions of Fantasy and The Real in
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221

Do you mean more realistic? Those Burton movies were really dark for their time...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Robert Pattinson caught the Rona, production halted.
  • In what way wasn't Keaton a dark Batman?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,829
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly